Question about TMJ

M

Mrhaircut33

Iron
I was chewing a lot for a while. It made my jaw way bigger. One day I had intense ear pain and a clicking bite (TMJ). I saw a chiropractor and they did something to “relax” the jaw muscles which temporarily fixed the TMJ but my jaw got noticeably smaller and my face looked a lot different. I didn’t like this so I started chewing again last week (not as heavy) and noticed the TMJ ever so slightly coming back. I don’t have any pain but just a small click when chewing. I don’t want to fuck up my facial structure with TMJ but I also want to chew and remain with a big jaw, so do I have to worry about minor TMJ (small click with no pain) fucking anything up? Or is that only with intense pain and shit? Can I continue to chew in moderation?

TMJ is like the facial equivalent as an injury at the gym. Chill out with the chewing for a while.

I had the same thing happen to me in highschool without even trying. I guess I was eating alot of really chewy bread for lunch. My jaw muscles got noticably much larger but also started clicking and became painful to chew food for more than 5 minutes straight, also had the ear pain thing you mention. I think for some people it can mess up your jaw, the dentist was telling me I need to stop doing whatever I was doing.