Question for @x30001

Deleted member 773

Deleted member 773

Looksmaxxing is COPE! (RIP 1-5-19 - 2-17-21)
What’s your opinion on me doing a long term (100+ hours) fast? My skin still looks like death, but getting slightly better maybe. Should I do it? Safe?

Longest I’ve ever gone so far is 55 hrs.
@x30001

Last edited:
  • JFL
Reactions: ZyzzReincarnate
What’s your opinion on me doing a long term (100+ hours) fast? My skin still looks like death, but getting slightly better maybe. Should I do it? Safe?

@x30001
Don't do that. Just eat low carbs, exercise in an energy deficit, do normal time restricted eating where you feel some hunger for periods of time. Don't bother taking anti-oxidant supplements or berberine or anything like that. Get atleast 8 hours of sleep. Stay active during the day. Let time be the factor in healing your skin. Be patient. Try do a few niacin flushes with 1000mg+ of nicotinic acid. It helps helps heal fibroblast cells.
Don't do that. Just eat low carbs, exercise in an energy deficit, do normal time restricted eating where you feel some hunger for periods of time. Don't bother taking anti-oxidant supplements or berberine or anything like that. Get atleast 8 hours of sleep. Stay active during the day. Let time be the factor in healing your skin. Be patient. Try do a few niacin flushes with 1000mg+ of nicotinic acid. It helps helps heal fibroblast cells.
take omega3 fish oil too

• +1
Reactions: SquareChinOrDeath and Framletgod

take omega3 fish oil too
You look good in ur avi bro

take omega3 fish oil too
Aight, I'll start taking niacin.

take omega3 fish oil too
does niacin anything long term? or is it only good for short term skin results?

It's involved in DNA repair and encourages it, so it could in theory repair oxidative stress and damage done by inflammation.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2846
It's involved in DNA repair and encourages it, so it could in theory repair oxidative stress and damage done by inflammation.
how many times a week do u recommend a flush?

@x30001
fast for a month bro. trust me

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: CopeAndRope, SikKunt, Deleted member 685 and 1 other person
It causes PGD2 release so you might want to be careful if you're a hairloss-cel. I wouldn't take the non-flush niacin, it's not a good idea. Just take it in short bursts. It's supposed to aid serotonin synthesis in the brain too.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2846

take omega3 fish oil too

Also sleep with plastic pillowcase. Spray some alcohol to clean it every night before u sleep and gogo, ive discovered it since my forehead skin is great and my cheeks and every part that touches the pillow case was ogre.

It causes PGD2 release so you might want to be careful if you're a hairloss-cel. I wouldn't take the non-flush niacin, it's not a good idea. Just take it in short bursts. It's supposed to aid serotonin synthesis in the brain too.
Bro honestly niacin is the only thing that makes my skin look temporarily better im boutta fast for a week and get deep autophagy

Even after 3 months my skin looks the same as it was on Minoxidil. I’m tired of being ugly fam. I have haven’t even taken niacin or put anything on my face in a month but still no recovery. This is some bull shit man. Niacin causes fibroblasts to proliferate which is why it makes my skin glow. So I need autophagy to fix my fibroblasts so they proliferate naturally.

Lifting every day is accelerating my hair loss, and my hair falls out easily because it’s frizzy due to no collagen. Low carb makes me hungry. I think I haven’t hit deep autophagy yet.

Niacin will help against skin discoloration too. The PGD2 won't be a probem unless your cAMP sends the wrong message to the target from the GPCR receptor site where the Prostaglandin binds too. I still have no idea why PGD2 is bad for some and not for others.

FUGGIT IM DOING A WEEK FAST CANT STOP ME MF

FUGGIT IM DOING A WEEK FAST CANT STOP ME MF
What's the point? 2-3 day water fast + sulphurophane or 24hr dry fast + sulphurophane and you'll be in deep autophagy and reap all the benefits of NRF2.

What's the point? 2-3 day water fast + sulphurophane or 24hr dry fast + sulphurophane and you'll be in deep autophagy and reap all the benefits of NRF2.
Someone on reddit told me that it takes longer for different parts of the body to enter autophagy. Like the dermis takes 30 days for example. So the epidermis (my problem area) probably takes longer than 55 hrs (my longest fast).

Also should I supplements berberine + PQQ periodically during it or nah?

Someone on reddit told me that it takes longer for different parts of the body to enter autophagy. Like the dermis takes 30 days for example. So the epidermis (my problem area) probably takes longer than 55 hrs (my longest fast).

Also should I supplements berberine + PQQ periodically during it or nah?
Don't take berberine. If you're working out and restricting calories then PQQ will benefit you. But stay away from Berberine. I recently discovered a lot of side effects from it which I didn't know about before.

Don't take berberine. If you're working out and restricting calories then PQQ will benefit you. But stay away from Berberine. I recently discovered a lot of side effects from it which I didn't know about before.
What are they

@x30001
a ketogenic diet (with proper steroids and vitamin supplements) is the most extreme weight loss plan.
removing protein will lead to destroy your muscle mass

What are they
Posted about it earlier today. It blocks Vitamin B1 absorbtion and B1 deficiency can cause anxiety, depression, digestion and nerve problems etc. Taking Berberine isn't worth it. Fasting will get you into AMPK anyways and your NAD+ will activate all of the Sirtuins. Just sleep well, eat well and infrequently, keep your blood glucose stable through your food choices, exercise and stay active, use Sauna etc.

a ketogenic diet (with proper steroids and vitamin supplements) is the most extreme weight loss plan.
removing protein will lead to destroy your muscle mass
I'm not tryna loose weight I'm trying to reverse the minoxidil aging and fix my broken fibroblast cells

I'm not tryna loose weight I'm trying to reverse the minoxidil aging and fix my broken fibroblast cells
some people claim the minoxidil aging is acutally "alcohol aging" because minoxidil is often diluted in glycoalcoholic solutions.
as you may know, alcohol makes your skin very dry so you need to counter this side effect with a moisturizer

what is the connection between fasting and growing more fibroblasts?

some people claim the minoxidil aging is acutally "alcohol aging" because minoxidil is often diluted in glycoalcoholic solutions.
as you may know, alcohol makes your skin very dry so you need to counter this side effect with a moisturizer
If my aging was fixed with something as easy as a moisturizer I wouldn't shitpost about it on forums for 4 months. Alchohol aging doesn't exist and alchohol is actually used in many skincare products. They say "alchohol dries the skin" well guess what? So does retin-a, AHAs, and basically any skincare product that isn't moisturizer or sunscreen. Dry skin isn't healthy by any means, but dry skin on minoxidil is honestly more likely to be caused by the collagen depletion effect of it (assuming they aren't growing a beard and putting it directly on their face, in which case yes, that could be the alchohol. But that wasn't what I was doing.)

Collagen is what keeps the skin moisturized. Fibroblasts not only make collagen but also hylauronic acid and other stuff that makes your skin healthy. While on minoxidil you have less fibroblasts because it is an antiproliferative agent like all other vasodilators. Search up other vasodilators, they all have skin aging shown in clinical trials but they don't list it as a side effect because it isn't physically harmful, only aesthetically. When used in high doses for long periods of time, the antiproliferative effects of it can persist even after removing the minoxidil from your routine because it has effected your cells on a transcriptional level.

This is where I get my fasting idea from. Because when you fast, your body's cell count not only drops dramatically but the little cells you do have left are busy repairing themselves and cleaning out dysfunctional organelles. It would also explain why I saw no recovery my first 3 months off minox, because I was putting everything on my face and dermarolling, overworking my fibroblasts cells and making damaged ones divide and create replicas of themselves through mitosis. Apparently the dermis takes a bit longer to autophate than other areas of the body so that's where I get my week long fast idea from. I've done 24-48 hour fasts and even a 55 hour one and did notice my skin being slightly better in the days following, but I think I need an extra long fast to do a complete detox. Maybe even longer than one week. I mean, shit, I've tried everything else. Even niacin doesn't make my skin glow anymore, I took some this morning and it made my skin look good for like 10 minutes then it went back to normal. So yeah. That's why I'm fasting. Sorry for rant.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 3195 and Lorsss
If my aging was fixed with something as easy as a moisturizer I wouldn't shitpost about it on forums for 4 months. Alchohol aging doesn't exist and alchohol is actually used in many skincare products. They say "alchohol dries the skin" well guess what? So does retin-a, AHAs, and basically any skincare product that isn't moisturizer or sunscreen. Dry skin isn't healthy by any means, but dry skin on minoxidil is honestly more likely to be caused by the collagen depletion effect of it (assuming they aren't growing a beard and putting it directly on their face, in which case yes, that could be the alchohol. But that wasn't what I was doing.)

Collagen is what keeps the skin moisturized. Fibroblasts not only make collagen but also hylauronic acid and other stuff that makes your skin healthy. While on minoxidil you have less fibroblasts because it is an antiproliferative agent like all other vasodilators. Search up other vasodilators, they all have skin aging shown in clinical trials but they don't list it as a side effect because it isn't physically harmful, only aesthetically. When used in high doses for long periods of time, the antiproliferative effects of it can persist even after removing the minoxidil from your routine because it has effected your cells on a transcriptional level.

This is where I get my fasting idea from. Because when you fast, your body's cell count not only drops dramatically but the little cells you do have left are busy repairing themselves and cleaning out dysfunctional organelles. It would also explain why I saw no recovery my first 3 months off minox, because I was putting everything on my face and dermarolling, overworking my fibroblasts cells and making damaged ones divide and create replicas of themselves through mitosis. Apparently the dermis takes a bit longer to autophate than other areas of the body so that's where I get my week long fast idea from. I've done 24-48 hour fasts and even a 55 hour one and did notice my skin being slightly better in the days following, but I think I need an extra long fast to do a complete detox. Maybe even longer than one week. I mean, shit, I've tried everything else. Even niacin doesn't make my skin glow anymore, I took some this morning and it made my skin look good for like 10 minutes then it went back to normal. So yeah. That's why I'm fasting. Sorry for rant.
high iq, I'm adding this post to the looksmax archive

if the aging side effect of vasodilator is the anti-proliferation effect, can't we just counter it with retin-A?

what is the connection between fasting and growing more fibroblasts?
Fasting will induce cellular autophagy in all cells that need it. Nothing specific to just the fibroblasts.

• +1
Reactions: RAITEIII
if the aging side effect of vasodilator is the anti-proliferation effect, can't we just counter it with retin-A?
No retin a didn't work for me. Nothing did.

Minoxidil reduces cellular intake of Thymidine which is a DNA responsible for protein synthesis. Cells can't divide if they don't have the building blocks and proteins to create new cells. So Retin-a is basically telling cells to divide that physically can't. Not good. Same goes for dermarolling, when your body is in a situation where it thinks it's healing a wound...

So retin-a might cover it up with a temporary bandaid but your goal in the case of minoxidil aging should be to make your cells healthy again. For some people this takes months. For me, evidently, it takes a long ass time. But fasting may speed up this recovery, especially long term fasting, but I'll have to see. I'll start it this weekend. I'm aiming for AT LEAST 5 days of only water.

bump @Lifeisgood72 update on new discoveries and plans to fix your skin

bump @Lifeisgood72 update on new discoveries and plans to fix your skin
When I hit day 10 nofap I will start tribulus Terretris cycle

If that does not recover my skin/androgen receptors I will get back on minoxidil. I'm approaching one year off that shit and haven't gotten even 5% better probably, and I have a theory that getting back on it but using it sparingly (once every other day?) will bring me back to normal levels.

I was better on Minoxidil than I have been off.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1849
When I hit day 10 nofap I will start tribulus Terretris cycle

If that does not recover my skin/androgen receptors I will get back on minoxidil. I'm approaching one year off that shit and haven't gotten even 5% better probably, and I have a theory that getting back on it but using it sparingly (once every other day?) will bring me back to normal levels.

I was better on Minoxidil than I have been off.
tribulus terretris? how would that help?

nofap is legit, my hair is getting much softer.

tribulus terretris? how would that help?

nofap is legit, my hair is getting much softer.
protodioscin in tribulus increases androgen receptors, sometimes the effect is permanent, other times it only lasts while you're cylcing it, and sometimes it makes you worse...

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1849
protodioscin in tribulus increases androgen receptors, sometimes the effect is permanent, other times it only lasts while you're cylcing it, and sometimes it makes you worse...
can you desensitize to it? is that why your cycling it?