Quick story

dopaminebeyondfried

dopaminebeyondfried

brain rot
I worked at a movie theater for a long time, and it was near a university, so most of the employees were college students. Turnover was built into their business practice, because it meant they could reduce their payroll every January and every September when business slowed. The university was a very good school, especially for STEM. So there was a certain sense of "I'm better than you" for the employees directed towards older, seasoned employees who were firmly "working class" and even management. The idea that you could "pay your dues" at the theater and work your way up towards management? No one wanted that. And we especially didn't want to be like that weird middle-aged single mom, that weird ex-con, or that old projectionist, all who'd been working shitty, low-paying jobs their whole adult lives. That projectionist, by the way, was the only person in the building who truly cared about how to run a movie theater, because of his years of experience.

===

Guro is the last avant-garde genre, the only genre capable of adequately commenting on the future, because the contempt for human experience, utter lack of value afforded the individual, and uninhibited, highly aesthetized violence which we are rapidly instrumentalizing as a civilization is taken for granted as the genre's foundational conventions.

===

Good Sir GM Komarov instills confidence in my dubious game play. this reminds me of that time in late part of the twenty centry when i played in a simultaneous exhibition with Karpov. i was a child and claimed the white pieces. i opened with an English, Botvinnik setup. i have since learned, on move 13 with Rxh5, i had a +3.4 evaluation. Instead i played Kg2 but please do not let this passive king safety move, distract you from the fact that in 1998, The Undertaker threw Mankind off Hell In A Cell, and plummeted 16 ft through an announcer’s table.

===

im in the middle of driving across the country and something that always gets to me is how fucking huge this continent is. How expansive an diverse it's ecologies are, and this is centuries after history and humanity deleted so much of its human and biological diversity and it's still here- relative to me of course. This is my 5th trek of this kind and every time I do it i have a more and more of an appreciative sense of how small I am, and how unspecial i am in the scheme of things. Most people are not exposed to this experience and what's even more insane to me is how many people do things like this but cannot come to this realization. It's baffling to me, and in the end it MAKES ME FEEL SPECIAL for knowing how sensitive or whatever the fuck I am.

Then I realize, that makes me like everyone else and that anyone who's alive in this country has been programmed to elevate their own experience to a place beyond everyone else's. That's not an answer, but a diagnosis that we're all captured by this illusion. How can we make ourselves stop thinking we're so special and just fucking be? That's like the $1 million question I suppose. Stop worrying about everyone else; you will worry yourself into the grave. If you're concerned about this (I am too) maybe we should all start with #1 and go from there, because that's the only thing we could seriously, concretely change in the end.