/r9k/ algorithm on Looksmax.org

Tabula Rasa

Tabula Rasa

Kraken
For those who don't know, the imageboard /r9k/ on 4chan used to run on an algorithm called 'ROBOT9000' which prevents reposting, ie. duplicate/identical messages. Offending posts do not end up processed, and the user is punished with successively longer waiting times to post for each violation.

Such an algorithm if implemented on Looksmax could encourage and facilitate unique, original and higher effort posting, both threads and replies. This could be beneficial for both Offtopic and Looksmaxxing users, potentially being the solution to eliminating unoriginal, poor-quality posts.

• +1
  • Hmm...
  • WTF
Reactions: hiwasuwor, sub5c3l, M-1014 and 3 others
But then i wouldn’t be able to spam dnrd and 0 and KYS under every shit post

• So Sad
  • +1
Reactions: nathan and Tabula Rasa
But then i wouldn’t be able to spam dnrd and 0 and KYS under every shit post
You'd probably have to be a bit more creative if you want to continue doing those.

For those who don't know, the imageboard /r9k/ on 4chan used to run on an algorithm called 'ROBOT9000' which prevents reposting, ie. duplicate/identical messages. Offending posts do not end up processed, and the user is punished with successively longer waiting times to post for each violation.

Such an algorithm if implemented on Looksmax could encourage and facilitate unique, original and higher effort posting, both threads and replies. This could be beneficial for both Offtopic and Looksmaxxing users, potentially being the solution to eliminating unoriginal, poor-quality posts.
4chan is a faggot image board, r9k is even worse. Do not implement this gay algorithm

• +1
Reactions: soover4me and Tabula Rasa
4chan is a faggot image board, r9k is even worse. Do not implement this gay algorithm
True. I was just talking about the concept of the algorithm itself, and its hypothetical implementation.

What makes org org is funny stories and larping. If they took that away from here what would org be? Imagine waking up to no funky flamingo posts and low iq looks theories

• +1
Reactions: M-1014
Not a single molecule

• JFL
Reactions: nathan
What makes org org is funny stories and larping. If they took that away from here what would org be? Imagine waking up to no funky flamingo posts and low iq looks theories
That's not going to prevent the above from happening still.