Rate my calisthenics workout routine guys

slayerToBe

slayerToBe

Silver
So I have been doing calisthenics and I have just been doing it for about a month, the exercises are beginner type shit, cause things like WT don't transfer over very well. I've been progressing the exercises, but these are the ones I have now, and can do. They are in the format of EXERCISE X REPS X SETS

But anyways:

Monday, Thursday (Upper)
Pseudo Planche Pushups x 5 x 3
Pullups x 10 x 3
Wall Handstands x 30 sec x 3
Tuck Front Levers 5 sec x 3
Neck Curls x 15 x 2

Tuesday, Thursday (Lower/Core)
Assisted Pistol Squats x 10 x 3
Knee Ab Wheel Rollouts x 6 x 3
45° Hip Nordic Curls x 5 x 3
Dragon Flag Negatives x 7 x 3
Neck Extensions x 15 x 2

Wednesday, Saturday (Cardio)
*Planning to do Sprints when it cools down, I live in the SW, its hot as balls rn
2 hrs of Judo (Sat, Thur as well sometimes)

Some of these are really basic, like w handstands I haven't learned balance yet so I am still doing Wall Handstands. I don't really have weights at home beyond a pair of dumbells that weigh 40 lbs each, but if I had access to a barbell and squat rack I would totally do barbell squats and deadlifts instead, but I don't, so I am just progressing the exercise type and trying to learn Pistol Squats and Nordic Curls.

Any thoughts? Any reccomendations?

2D44896F 183F 4720 ABF0 7C0477D283EB

• JFL
  • WTF
Reactions: Deleted member 21297 and slayerToBe
I just follow this, it's hella simple

Push/Pull/Legs/Core Calisthenics Full-Body ED
+ Walking/Running 10000+ Steps ED

Pick a push exercise like a push up / dip, then a pull exercise like a pull up or body weight row, and a leg exercise like a squat or lunge, core exercise like a situp, or ab rollout

Do 1 set Push, then 1 set pull, 1 set legs, 1 set core and so on until your satisfied.

I often do 3 circuits, so 3 sets total of PPLC, takes me around 30 minutes

• +1
Reactions: slayerToBe
lol too much volume just do one set of each to failure

• Hmm...
train to absolute muscle failure
train till you cant move your muscle

this routine will get you nowhere

train to absolute muscle failure
train till you cant move your muscle

this routine will get you nowhere
These reps aren't fixed, I progressively overload the reps rn these reps challenge me, and I am sore the next day, the only exception being Wall handstands, I want to progress to Handstands but I don't have the balance yet

You need to do weighted calisthenics or/and weightlifting.
Just body weight is cope unless you are an absolute beginner

• Hmm...
These reps aren't fixed, I progressively overload the reps rn these reps challenge me, and I am sore the next day, the only exception being Wall handstands, I want to progress to Handstands but I don't have the balance yet
jfl
if 20 reps sore you then why stop at 20? go for 40 or 400? more is better right?

So I have been doing calisthenics and I have just been doing it for about a month, the exercises are beginner type shit, cause things like WT don't transfer over very well. I've been progressing the exercises, but these are the ones I have now, and can do. They are in the format of EXERCISE X REPS X SETS

But anyways:

Monday, Thursday (Upper)
Pseudo Planche Pushups x 5 x 3
Pullups x 10 x 3
Wall Handstands x 30 sec x 3
Tuck Front Levers 5 sec x 3
Neck Curls x 15 x 2

Tuesday, Thursday (Lower/Core)
Assisted Pistol Squats x 10 x 3
Knee Ab Wheel Rollouts x 6 x 3
45° Hip Nordic Curls x 5 x 3
Dragon Flag Negatives x 7 x 3
Neck Extensions x 15 x 2

Wednesday, Saturday (Cardio)
*Planning to do Sprints when it cools down, I live in the SW, its hot as balls rn
2 hrs of Judo (Sat, Thur as well sometimes)

Some of these are really basic, like w handstands I haven't learned balance yet so I am still doing Wall Handstands. I don't really have weights at home beyond a pair of dumbells that weigh 40 lbs each, but if I had access to a barbell and squat rack I would totally do barbell squats and deadlifts instead, but I don't, so I am just progressing the exercise type and trying to learn Pistol Squats and Nordic Curls.

Any thoughts? Any reccomendations?
Good workout

• +1