Rate my Japanese

SidharthTheSlayer

SidharthTheSlayer

Anti-Cosmic Satanist
Thoughts on my Japanese speaking skill? I learned everything from anime.

Tagging fellow Changs and Chadsukes
@ilovetakis @IAMNOTANINCEL @Imretarded? @shabby890 @Gengar @Richard Cheese

• JFL
  • +1
  • Woah
Reactions: murdah, GabachoCopium, Latinolooksmaxxer and 13 others

mirin, how long have you studied? Im new to the language and only pick up a bit

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: murdah, 5'7 zoomer and SidharthTheSlayer
i can't understand japanese :p

• +1
Reactions: DalitBoss
  • JFL
  • +1
  • Love it
Reactions: murdah, DalitBoss, SecularIslamist and 3 others
how long did it take you? Can still hear a little bit of the jeet accent though bro no offense

• JFL
Reactions: murdah, IAMNOTANINCEL and SidharthTheSlayer
  • JFL
Reactions: murdah, DalitBoss, IAMNOTANINCEL and 1 other person
it honestly sounds like you typed something into google translate and just read what it said. overexaggerated accent, mispronouncing many words and saying things that are barely ever said

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: DalitBoss and SidharthTheSlayer
You sound japanese american thats really good. It took me more than a year to get to that point, I haven't studied in a bit though

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: SidharthTheSlayer and Imretarded?
bro really think he speak arigato 😭🙏

• JFL
Reactions: DalitBoss and Imretarded?
it honestly sounds like you typed something into google translate and just read what it said. overexaggerated accent, mispronouncing many words and saying things that are barely ever said
Cope, you don't even know Japanese if you think my pronunciation is bad. Maybe pitch accent might be a bit off, but then again I learned from anime. Make a transcription right now buddy boyo. No machine translation will say what I said.

• JFL
Reactions: IAMNOTANINCEL and Imretarded?
Cope, you don't even know Japanese if you think my pronunciation is bad. Maybe pitch accent might be a bit off, but then again I learned from anime. Make a transcription right now buddy boyo. No machine translation will say what I said.
Your pronuncation is bad tho. Stuttering on kamoshirenai. You say something like "boku no nawa shi das, yoroshiku ne" which is horrible pronunciation once again as I'm assuming you're trying to say "boku no namae wa". "no kai" is also barely ever used, especially with gozonji in the beginning. Gozonji is very formal and "no kai" is not. Atamadaka pitch on "hontou ni" which is wrong. "kikasete" is pronounced in an incredibly american way, almost like "kikaste". atamadaka on 鉢 which makes it sound like 八, it's supposed to be heiban.

It's great that you're trying to learn a language but you're clearly larping. This is not how any japanese person speaks and the fact that you're using advanced words with this shitty of a pronunciation shows that it's just google translate. Best of luck in the future tho.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: IAMNOTANINCEL, Imretarded? and SidharthTheSlayer

So kawaii!!

• Love it
Reactions: SidharthTheSlayer
Stuttering on kamoshirenai.
It's not that bad

"boku no namae wa"
Nawa is commonly used in place of namae.

"no kai" is also barely ever used, especially with gozonji in the beginning. Gozonji is very formal and "no kai" is not.
Fair. I used "no kai" because I recently read a VN where one of the characters talks like that.

. Atamadaka pitch on "hontou ni" which is wrong.
Probably, Fair criticism again, I don't know anything about pitch accent.

"kikasete" is pronounced in an incredibly american way, almost like "kikaste". atamadaka on 鉢 which makes it sound like 八, it's supposed to be heiban.
Yeah my pitch accent is not the greatest, where do you recommend I learn.

It's great that you're trying to learn a language but you're clearly larping. This is not how any japanese person speaks and the fact that you're using advanced words with this shitty of a pronunciation shows that it's just google translate.
I'm not using machine translations, I wrote this down myself. And no shit it's not how any Japanese person speaks, I learned from anime.

Why do you sound so gay

Your pronuncation is bad tho. Stuttering on kamoshirenai. You say something like "boku no nawa shi das, yoroshiku ne" which is horrible pronunciation once again as I'm assuming you're trying to say "boku no namae wa". "no kai" is also barely ever used, especially with gozonji in the beginning. Gozonji is very formal and "no kai" is not. Atamadaka pitch on "hontou ni" which is wrong. "kikasete" is pronounced in an incredibly american way, almost like "kikaste". atamadaka on 鉢 which makes it sound like 八, it's supposed to be heiban.

It's great that you're trying to learn a language but you're clearly larping. This is not how any japanese person speaks and the fact that you're using advanced words with this shitty of a pronunciation shows that it's just google translate. Best of luck in the future tho.
おわりだ
:feelscry:

cant undestand shit but sounds native to me lol

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Imretarded? and SidharthTheSlayer
It's not that bad

Nawa is commonly used in place of namae.

Fair. I used "no kai" because I recently read a VN where one of the characters talks like that.

Probably, Fair criticism again, I don't know anything about pitch accent.

Yeah my pitch accent is not the greatest, where do you recommend I learn.

I'm not using machine translations, I wrote this down myself. And no shit it's not how any Japanese person speaks, I learned from anime.
Nawa is not used in place of namae. Perhaps in some anime, but not in the real world. It makes sense that you sound like this if you only learn from anime and try to replicate that though, that would explain the "no kai" thing too.

I recommend Matt vs Japan's anki deck for pitch accent.

• +1

Mogger
Now japmaxx and go to Japan while pretending to be Japanese 👍

• +1
in some parts it sounds just like a native speaker and in some the murican accent and pronounciation bleeds in
6/10
would probably convince a normie youre a native speaker

• Love it
I thought this was meant to be Japanese not Urdu bhai

本当にすごいでしょう!:feelsautistic:

• JFL
  • Love it
Reactions: optimisticzoomer and SidharthTheSlayer
Your Japanese speaking skills put mine to shame. :feelsautistic::feelsautistic::feelsautistic:

I can only say a few words here and there. :feelscry:

• +1
Heard "Ohio" and stopped listening

Your Japanese speaking skills put mine to shame. :feelsautistic::feelsautistic::feelsautistic:

I can only say a few words here and there. :feelscry:
Thanks man. Lots of exposure helps. Also I intended this to be related to my other thread which I made in the Moneymax Forum, could you move it back?

• +1
Reactions: Gengar
mirin dravidian accent

KAWAIIII!!!!!

• JFL
  • Love it
Reactions: IAMNOTANINCEL and SidharthTheSlayer
Thanks man. Lots of exposure helps. Also I intended this to be related to my other thread which I made in the Moneymax Forum, could you move it back?
No problem bhai. I agree, immersion theory is legit when you want to learn a new language. So how many hours a day did you spend to attain this level?

Sure thing, I'll move it to the Moneymaking and Success section. (This thread, right?)

• +1
No problem bhai. I agree, immersion theory is legit when you want to learn a new language. So how many hours a day did you spend to attain this level?
Probably like 1 or 1 and a half, I'll often read sentences from an Anki deck to practice speaking aloud and I have a friend who I can VC with to practice speaking conversationally. Though I still have the habit of throwing in archaic Japanese phrases into my speech.

• +1
Probably like 1 or 1 and a half, I'll often read sentences from an Anki deck to practice speaking aloud and I have a friend who I can VC with to practice speaking conversationally. Though I still have the habit of throwing in archaic Japanese phrases into my speech.
That's good. Have you been doing it consistently? I have been slacking off so much. I think the last time I tried to learn anything was over 7 months ago. No wonder I haven't progressed much since then.

• +1
That's good. Have you been doing it consistently? I have been slacking off so much. I think the last time I tried to learn anything was over 7 months ago. No wonder I haven't progressed much since then.
Not at all, I have just been doing it whenever I feel like it. The good thing is I have exposed myself to so much Japanese stuff that I can retain information relating to grammar, accent, and some vocab, so I don't think I get worse the more I slack off. I should be more consistent though

• +1
Not at all, I have just been doing it whenever I feel like it. The good thing is I have exposed myself to so much Japanese stuff that I can retain information relating to grammar, accent, and some vocab, so I don't think I get worse the more I slack off. I should be more consistent though
Grammar is my weak point. I realized it's much better to learn grammar first and master it, so that you'll be able to speak it like you do. I am unable to speak it like you can. I should pick it up again. I'll start with learning grammar. Any pointers?

• +1
Grammar is my weak point. I realized it's much better to learn grammar first and master it, so that you'll be able to speak it like you do. I am unable to speak it like you can. I should pick it up again. I'll start with learning grammar. Any pointers?
Have you tried Tae Kim's guide to Japanese vocabulary? In the other thread I linked a guide that contains resources, and one of them is Tae Kim's guide. It's somewhat simplified according to people who are way more competent than me, but going through all of it will not only give you a good idea of what certain grammar always does, but also give you a ton of vocab.
This youtube channel also is extremely good, it has very logical explanations.

• +1
Have you tried Tae Kim's guide to Japanese vocabulary? In the other thread I linked a guide that contains resources, and one of them is Tae Kim's guide. It's somewhat simplified according to people who are way more competent than me, but going through all of it will not only give you a good idea of what certain grammar always does, but also give you a ton of vocab.
This youtube channel also is extremely good, it has very logical explanations.
Thank you bhai. I believe I heard of Tae Kim's guide, now I'm not sure if it's because of you or just randomly through the internet. I used googled "Japanese grammar" and read articles explaining grammar, along with examples. It's probably not as effective as Tae Kim. It's pretty funny that a Korean is teaching someone Japanese, shouldn't a Japanese person do that?

• +1