Rate my shitty posture

B

Brazitard

+6'1; Nate Higgers - from Niggeln, Germany
Good night guys...

I'm 6'0-6'1/1.82/1.84 (fully compressed at night/morning height, respectively)...

I got back to gym after almost 8 years off and had a gain of 0.6mm in compressed height, due to the strengthening of back muscles, but my posture is still shit:

I have scoliosis with 3 distinct and visible curves and a big Dowager's Hump/Camel Hump on my neck...

I plan to get to a Chiropractor once I start working, and getting dental braces (which help with the posture because crooked teeth are linked to posture...

I read that posture fixing can lead to gains of at least between 1/4 inch and 2 inches, but some people gain more due to having really bad posture (I think that's my case)!

Check it out:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220807-195510.png
    Screenshot_20220807-195510.png
    815.6 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20220807_195633.jpg
    IMG_20220807_195633.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20220807_195725.jpg
    IMG_20220807_195725.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 0
  • JFL
  • +1
Reactions: IndianMewingChad69, lonelycurry and Jpg
6'3 after u get that shit fixed:feelsyay::feelsyay:

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Brazitard and Deleted member 18480
I hope so! I feel pain and discomfort sometimes because how the curves are accentuated...

I used to feel sharp pains on the left side of my neck, between the neck and trap...

6'3 would be a great height, and my wingspan is also 6'3 so this is a good indicator of potential height.

U have proportions taller than me, but ur neck/back fucks u up. I am 6'1. If u get this shit fixed, i think u will be atleast 6'2

• Woah
Reactions: Brazitard
I just noticed that I actually have 4 curves, there's a 4th curve at the bottom of the spine...

U have proportions taller than me, but ur neck/back fucks u up. I am 6'1. If u get this shit fixed, i think u will be atleast 6'2
Yeah, anything above 6'1 barefoot, compressed height would be GREAT for me, because I'm naturally strong but have asymmetries which turns things more difficult for powerlifting...

I'm talking lifts like overhead press for example.

Yeah, anything above 6'1 barefoot, compressed height would be GREAT for me, because I'm naturally strong but have asymmetries which turns things more difficult for powerlifting...

I'm talking lifts like overhead press for example.
Dont do overhead press, deadlifts and squats. u need to fix ur posture before doing these.

• +1
Dont do overhead press, deadlifts and squats. u need to fix ur posture before doing these.
Do you think they can worsen my posture?

What a shame... I love them sooo much... But I can wait

Do you think they can worsen my posture?

What a shame... I love them sooo much... But I can wait
It will fuck up ur posture even more. Id only do posture correcting exercsises if i was you. Because ur back is too fucked up

• So Sad
  • So Sad
It will fuck up ur posture even more. Id only do posture correcting exercsises if i was you. Because ur back is too fucked up
I think it will be better to wait then.

Tomorrow I will start researching and doing stretching exercises, I'm also very stiff in the hips and hamstrings...

I think it will be better to wait then.

Tomorrow I will start researching and doing stretching exercises, I'm also very stiff in the hips and hamstrings...
only do back exercises like rows and face pulls. u need external rotation. Legs is a problem, im sorry i dont know how to fix hips and hamstring problems

• +1

I just found this short, interesting article...

only do back exercises like rows and face pulls. u need external rotation. Legs is a problem, im sorry i dont know how to fix hips and hamstring problems
My hips are uneven, you can see it by the dimples in my love handles... The left side one is lower than the right, making my left leg "longer" (I walk with a little limp because of it).

My hips are uneven, you can see it by the dimples in my love handles... The left side one is lower than the right, making my left leg "longer" (I walk with a little limp because of it).
Work on unilateral movements. Do leg presses with 1 legs at a time, quit the squats, ive quitted squats and deadlifts and my posture has never been better (was 6'0) now 6'1

• +1
Work on unilateral movements. Do leg presses with 1 legs at a time, quit the squats, ive quitted squats and deadlifts and my posture has never been better (was 6'0) now 6'1
Will try unilateral movements.

I was never a big fan of squats but I just LOVE deadlifts, I try new PRs every week, just got a pair of straps, I used to do shrugs with 330lbs, but it was a few years ago...

I think I need stretching too: my right side oblique is too tight...

@MarkCorrigan

• +1
Will try unilateral movements.

I was never a big fan of squats but I just LOVE deadlifts, I try new PRs every week, just got a pair of straps, I used to do shrugs with 330lbs, but it was a few years ago...

I think I need stretching too: my right side oblique is too tight...
fuck deadlifts man, u gotta forget about it, MAYBE u can try unilateral deadlifts, but i think my routine works best, although im 6'1 155lbs ripped, so its hard to do my routine for you

• +1
fuck deadlifts man, u gotta forget about it, MAYBE u can try unilateral deadlifts, but i think my routine works best, although im 6'1 155lbs ripped, so its hard to do my routine for you
I will stop heavy lifting for the time being and train for hypertrophy only + start stretching...

I will post a thread once I see results!

I will stop heavy lifting for the time being and train for hypertrophy only + start stretching...

I will post a thread once I see results!
Do that, do u think u need surgery for ur spinal condition? Age?

• +1
Do that, do u think u need surgery for ur spinal condition? Age?
I don't think I need surgery because I don't have any structural deformities... A think some good sessions with a Chiro + dental braces will do it...

I'm 24 about to turn 25.

I don't think I need surgery because I don't have any structural deformities... A think some good sessions with a Chiro + dental braces will do it...

I'm 24 about to turn 25.
Do u have any facial asymmetries based on ur posture e.g 1 eye being higher/lower than other, 1 side being smaller than other etc.

• +1
Do u have any facial asymmetries based on ur posture e.g 1 eye being higher/lower than other, 1 side being smaller than other etc.
I have skull asymmetries: entire right side of the face is lower than the left one, including teeth, but my molars on the left side are lower than the right side (right side teeth are very worn out to the point it's difficult to chew)...

Browridge on the left side sticks out more, occiput on the right side sticks out more...

I have Torticollis, some time ago I was stretching my neck a lot and got like 0.5mm height increase by stretching the neck only.

I have skull asymmetries: entire right side of the face is lower than the left one, including teeth, but my molars on the left side are lower than the right side (right side teeth are very worn out to the point it's difficult to chew)...

Browridge on the left side sticks out more, occiput on the right side sticks out more...

I have Torticollis, some time ago I was stretching my neck a lot and got like 0.5mm height increase by stretching the neck only.
Did u have extractions?

Good night guys...

I'm 6'0-6'1/1.82/1.84 (fully compressed at night/morning height, respectively)...

I got back to gym after almost 8 years off and had a gain of 0.6mm in compressed height, due to the strengthening of back muscles, but my posture is still shit:

I have scoliosis with 3 distinct and visible curves and a big Dowager's Hump/Camel Hump on my neck...

I plan to get to a Chiropractor once I start working, and getting dental braces (which help with the posture because crooked teeth are linked to posture...

I read that posture fixing can lead to gains of at least between 1/4 inch and 2 inches, but some people gain more due to having really bad posture (I think that's my case)!

Check it out:

Attachments

• 3019701_Screenshot_20220807-195510.png
    3019701_Screenshot_20220807-195510.png
    774 KB · Views: 0
Did u have extractions?
I had all my wisdom teeth removed a few years ago, they were completely grown and caused a lot of headaches and pain in general.

Can u see my posture and tell me whether i am in my full height or not?

Attachments

• IMG_20230510_114834.jpg
    IMG_20230510_114834.jpg
    125.1 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20230510_114920.jpg
    IMG_20230510_114920.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 0
Can u see my posture and tell me whether i am in my full height or not?
Could be better, need a front and a back pic to rate better, send via private conversation if you can... ☺️