D

Deleted member 6111

Solstice
15% amazon
10% Alphabet (google)
5% BP
10% coca cola
10% siemens gamesa (offshore wind)
10% orsted (ditto, but also generally a danish energy company)
15% JPMorgan Chase
7.5% Vanguard FTSE 250 GBP
7.5% Vanguard FTSE 100GBP
10% Vanguard S&P 500 ETF

• +1
  • Love it
  • JFL
Reactions: Alexanderr, PrisonMike, Lorsss and 5 others
you're not making shit off that bud
long-term investing is stupid unless you have a shit ton of capital

• +1
  • JFL
  • Ugh..
Reactions: CopeIsReal, Looks234, PrisonMike and 11 others
No forex no money

• +1
Reactions: Britishlooksmaxxer, joeveniro and JustBeCurry
  • +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Hector, Alt Number 3 and Deleted member 6111
Nice and safe tbh

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Schönling, Deleted member 9787 and Patient A
drop some of those single companies % and spread some more into S&P 500

• +1
Reactions: leprechauncel
you're not making shit off that bud
long-term investing is stupid unless you have a shit ton of capital
not trynna make money i have a decent income. looking for steady long term growth well above inflation

• +1
Reactions: Hector and Alt Number 3
Enjoy the profit when ur 60

while Chad spends his extra money at the club and fucks ur sister

• +1
  • JFL
  • Ugh..
Reactions: Looks234, Deleted member 2634, Rasputin and 8 others
drop some of those single companies % and spread some more into S&P 500

Im british so it makes sense I have ftse 250 and 100. BP (as a company overall i mean, the return on the stock is ok so far) is looking a bit shaky though and im not confident about the future of oil companies long term. Im a bit confused as to which are the best indexes to buy. Is vanguard the best??? are there any other us se's i should be looking into more eg nasdaq or is s&p the one?

Im british so it makes sense I have ftse 250 and 100. BP (as a company overall i mean, the return on the stock is ok so far) is looking a bit shaky though and im not confident about the future of oil companies long term. Im a bit confused as to which are the best indexes to buy. Is vanguard the best??? are there any other us se's i should be looking into more eg nasdaq or is s&p the one?
vanguard charges the lowest interest over your investment, so they are the cheapest pretty much

do people on her seriously think forex and other high return active trading activities are a good idea for the average amateur private individual? its like me putting all my money and time into playing professional football. its not going to happen and im going to lose everything

• +1
Reactions: Hector, Looks234, Deleted member 4416 and 5 others
@Jk257 bud you missed out on the biggest bull market run ever

if you haven't been trading options past few months you're a fuckin moron

vanguard charges the lowest interest over your investment, so they are the cheapest pretty much
cool thanks bro
@Jk257 bud you missed out on the biggest bull market run ever

if you haven't been trading options past few months you're a fuckin moron
implying i wasnt investing previously. i literally bought bitcoin in jan 2017 and sold it in december. ive made money from meme investing ive just realised it isnt a good idea

Pretty good cuz you're playing smart. Slow and steady wins against the house. If you want quick cash, flip the early runners with low floats and catalysts. Also try OTC market for yolos. A lot of the ones being hyped on Twitter can run 50%+. Fuck options. Fuck forex if you're not day trading. And fuck shorting. Shorting is what causes suicide

Pretty good cuz you're playing smart. Slow and steady wins against the house. If you want quick cash, flip the early runners with low floats and catalysts. Also try OTC market for yolos. A lot of the ones being hyped on Twitter can run 50%+. Fuck options. Fuck forex if you're not day trading. And fuck shorting. Shorting is what causes suicide
i have no idea what any of this means and im not sure if youre taking the michael but thanks!

Do Horsebetting instead

• +1
Reactions: PubertyMaxxer
Jews me

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Deleted member 9787 and maxmendietta
i have no idea what any of this means and im not sure if youre taking the michael but thanks!
To sum it up, find the hot sectors. Right now it switched from clean energy to oil and weed stocks because of Kamala and Pence debates. Oil being republican and weed being democrat. Float is a term for the shares available to the public. You want low floats since it means less supply with more demand. It will make the stock less diluted and drive the price up quicker. Rest of the terms can be researched lol

we should have a stock market thread tbh

• +1
Reactions: Hector, Schönling and Jamal2222
nasdaq or is s&p

If you have that kind of money, just outright invest in futures. If not, DIA for Dow, SPY for S&P. I'm not sure if you have full access to American markets since you mentioned you're in the UK. Make sure you can handle the fluctuations long-term. Alternatively, you can add some conservative exposure in underlyings such as COST, AMD, BBY, etc. Personally, I'd be careful around banks right now. And anything online related like PYPL or shipping/logistics companies would work really well, too. You might also want to check out REITs for housing. It's looking like fewer and fewer people will be able to afford buying actual houses. REITs are good to capture that change in people's living standards. You may also want to consider some metals like GLD, IAU, SLV, etc.

• Love it
Reactions: Deleted member 9787
How much invested all together? Hope you are planning to hold for a few years.

How much invested all together? Hope you are planning to hold for a few years.
50k is my stock portfolio budget but i havent bought all of the shares yet. ive bought a lot of them, eg amazon, jp morgan some of the indexes and renewables etc but i want to get the ratios right before i put all the money in. yeah i intend to invest long term (at least 10 years)

• Woah
Do you get dividends paid out from these?

Do you get dividends paid out from these?
I do from coke and bp but Ive just sold BP. I really want to get more up to speed with dividends. my original motivation was to buy dividend stock but i dont really understand how to pick them

I do from coke and bp but Ive just sold BP. I really want to get more up to speed with dividends. my original motivation was to buy dividend stock but i dont really understand how to pick them

Filter by strong uptrend on the yearly charts. Then filter by the dividend payout. Once you have your list, switch to the monthly time frame. If the monthly time frame presents a good position, then place your trade. If not, wait on the monthly while keeping an eye on the yearly. Buy and hold while watching the yearly time frame. However, if at any time you wish to adjust your trade because of something you saw on the yearly time frame, switch to and trade on the monthly.

In another comment, you mentioned that you have $50k for trading but are trying to figure out the ratios. A good rule of thumb is to never trade more than 10% of your buying power. The number of shares you will hold per underlying will be small. But you will survive most major moves against your positions. Trade small to preserve your emotional capital during corrections and trend reversals.

Hope this helps.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6111
cant imagine even being able to understand stocks. im too retarded for any of that

• Hmm...
tech companies or nothing tbh. alphabet, amazon, apple, tesla. These companies will rule the world soon.

No forex no money
Forex is for brainiacs, no ordinary fellow will understand shit about forex, and will just lose money. Long term investing is good. Better than spending your money on stupid shit like coffee and clothes anyway.

• +1
  • Woah
  • JFL
Reactions: Patient A, Deleted member 6111, Lev Peshkov and 1 other person
Filter by strong uptrend on the yearly charts. Then filter by the dividend payout. Once you have your list, switch to the monthly time frame. If the monthly time frame presents a good position, then place your trade. If not, wait on the monthly while keeping an eye on the yearly. Buy and hold while watching the yearly time frame. However, if at any time you wish to adjust your trade because of something you saw on the yearly time frame, switch to and trade on the monthly.

In another comment, you mentioned that you have $50k for trading but are trying to figure out the ratios. A good rule of thumb is to never trade more than 10% of your buying power. The number of shares you will hold per underlying will be small. But you will survive most major moves against your positions. Trade small to preserve your emotional capital during corrections and trend reversals.

Hope this helps.
do you mean i shouldnt trade more than 5k in one go, or that i shouldnt hold more than 5k in one stock, or that 50k shouldnt be more than 10% of my overall liquid wealth?

tech companies or nothing tbh. alphabet, amazon, apple, tesla. These companies will rule the world soon.
amazon and alphabet have an effective monopoly. unless there is serious antitrust, which there wont be, there is no reason not to buy the stock. apple and tesla dont have a monopoly

Forex is for brainiacs, no ordinary fellow will understand shit about forex, and will just lose money. Long term investing is good. Better than spending your money on stupid shit like coffee and clothes anyway.
forex and day trading etc are for people who are looking for this to be their main source of income. if you arent a professional trader or a bona fide genius that should not be you. AT ALL. investing should be a way of efficiently allocating the capital you have acquired through your actual job or business in order to, at the minimum, keep ahead of inflation. not a way to actually make money.

do you mean i shouldnt trade more than 5k in one go, or that i shouldnt hold more than 5k in one stock, or that 50k shouldnt be more than 10% of my overall liquid wealth?

So let's say you don't have any margin and all you have is your $50k. And let's say you wish to buy stocks from ABC Ltd. which is currently trading at $10 per share. $50k x 0.10 = $5k / $10 = 500 shares. That's the max you should purchase for ABC Ltd. Now you are down to $45k and you're looking at XYZ Ltd. which is currently trading at $50 per share. $45k x 0.10 = $4,500 / $50 = 90 shares. That's the most you should purchase for XYZ Ltd. TBH, even the 500 shares for ABC Ltd. is too much. I have a personal rule: if your account is less than $100k, you should not purchase more than 250 shares of any given underlying. I came up with this hard rule because I lost too much money and my heart ended up in my mouth every time the price swung - whether it was a market correction or just a trend reversal. So I reduced the number of shares for everything and I discovered that I could preserve emotional capital this way. At the same time, the profits/losses for each holding was still pretty solid (from a long-term perspective). I was able to ride the constant price changes and now I'm doing much better. Some traders would say that 250 shares max is probably still too much. So take into account that I might have a higher risk tolerance than most. That or I'm just an adrenaline junkie who can't preserve emotional capital.

Last edited:
  • +1
Mogs mine since mine doesn't exist yet.

Imagine not throwing your life savings in $NIGGA.finance and other random shitcoins

Ngmi

• JFL
Imagine not throwing your life savings in $NIGGA.finance and other random shitcoins

Ngmi
I unironically did this with bitcoin. and it unironically made me an absolute fortune

• Woah
Reactions: Deleted member 4209
mogs mine i just have a vanguard i started recently as too high inhib to pick stocks

this is a trash lol this is only good for 150k + accounts

VTSAX until I die