Reactions: 5'7 zoomer, Whitepill_Saint, overtier1011 and 5 others
Chad

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Whitepill_Saint and Jason Voorhees
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 51465
I think they are pretty equal tbh.
Maldini was known for his positioning, and longevity at AC Milan. Ramos, on the other hand, is renowned for his physicality, and leadership. You can't compare them both.

• +1
Reactions: wsada
@TheTakeoverHasBegun @sportsmogger who are your top 5 defenders of all time

• +1
Reactions: sportsmogger
I just play soccer for fun ngl, idk anything about the players im a casual

• +1
Reactions: Jason Voorhees
Cillian + Lundgren

• +1
I think they are pretty equal tbh.
Maldini was known for his positioning, and longevity at AC Milan. Ramos, on the other hand, is renowned for his physicality, and leadership. You can't compare them both.
Fair

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Whitepill_Saint and Jason Voorhees
Beckenbauer, van dyke, baresi, maldini, ramos

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 51465 and Jason Voorhees
HTN

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Jason Voorhees and geenk worg
Vvd (best ever)
Maldini
Nesta
Beckenbauer
Baresi

• +1
Vvd (best ever)
Maldini
Nesta
Beckenbauer
Baresi
VVD? Nigga tweakin jfl :lul:, gotta be a Hollandcell. For sure Maldini, Ramos and Beckenbauer. After them Nesta and Puyol imo.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 51465 and Jason Voorhees
He looks like shit tbh. Coloring is his only good feature

• +1
VVD? Nigga tweakin jfl :lul:, gotta be a Hollandcell. For sure Maldini, Ramos and Beckenbauer. After them Nesta and Puyol imo.
Explain how those guys are better defenders than Vvd without mentioning awards and trophies

• +1
Explain how those guys are better defenders than Vvd without mentioning awards and trophies
Worldclass is playing at a Top 5 Level for more than 2 or 3 years. VvD was undoubtedly the best cb within 2019 till 2021, but as Iam saying, it didnt last long. Players like Puyol, Maldini, Ramos etc. played at this level for a decade.

• +1
Worldclass is playing at a Top 5 Level for more than 2 or 3 years. VvD was undoubtedly the best cb within 2019 till 2021, but as Iam saying, it didnt last long. Players like Puyol, Maldini, Ramos etc. played at this level for a decade.
Van dijk had a higher peak than any of them

• +1
can you really say this? Have you watched likes of Beckenbauer, Maldini and Puyol? I havent really. Also like I mentioned its about consistency, not only peak performance, otherwise we'd call R9 or Adriano our Goats.

• +1
Worldclass is playing at a Top 5 Level for more than 2 or 3 years.
Which he's done for his entire career?
Why do you think Liverpool broke the transfer fee in to get him?
Vvd has always been that guy
VvD was undoubtedly the best cb within 2019 till 2021, but as Iam saying, it didnt last long
He's still undoubtedly the best
It's just that before the injury he was 5x better than the next best defender
Now it's more like 2x

Players like Puyol, Maldini, Ramos etc. played at this level for a decade.
So has vvd
Last year was his only not world class season since he first started playing professionally

• +1
can you really say this? Have you watched likes of Beckenbauer, Maldini and Puyol? I havent really.
Vvd is better than these guys at everything, man
He's stronger, faster, better in the air, better in the channels, better tackler, smarter, better floor raiser and ceiling raiser etc etc
The only reason Liverpool could even play the way they did (2018 through 2022) was because of vvd
No defender in history has anything on peak vvd

• +1
can you really say this? Have you watched likes of Beckenbauer, Maldini and Puyol? I havent really. Also like I mentioned its about consistency, not only peak performance, otherwise we'd call R9 or Adriano our Goats.
Ive watched puyol, and a bit of maldini, nobody here has watched beckenbauer. He was certainly better than puyol, and any other cb ive watched. And his impact on liverpool was immense, never seen a cb make such a difference

• +1
Which he's done for his entire career?
Why do you think Liverpool broke the transfer fee in to get him?
Vvd has always been that guy

He's still undoubtedly the best
It's just that before the injury he was 5x better than the next best defender
Now it's more like 2x

So has vvd
Last year was his only not world class season since he first started playing professionally
This is whole lotta cope. ManU broke their transfer fee for likes of Maguire so you see there is no argument. I can do nothing but repeat my arguments - VVD was the best cb for about three years, but since the injury his performance is not the same as it was before. Maldini, Ramos etc. were consistent in their performance for a decade which is harder to archive. Otherwise one or two season wonders would be considered as worldclass.

• +1
ManU broke their transfer fee for likes of Maguire so you see there is no argument
United and their obsession with grossly overpaying for players vs Liverpool being the opposite of that?
Liverpool breaking the fee for vvd is a good example of how world class he was even before Liverpool
So yeah, there is no argument
VVD was the best cb for about three years, but since the injury his performance is not the same as it was before
Just because he isn't the same defender doesn't mean he still isn't the best in the world
You have a hard time grasping this
Maldini, Ramos etc. were consistent in their performance for a decade which is harder to archive.
Again so has vvd
🤣
And Ramos doesn't belong in these discussions
He was flawed as hell defensively
Pique was literally better defensively than him, he just wasn't the offensive threat, big game player and leader Ramos is
Ramos is more of a great player than he is great defensively

• +1
Reactions: Jason Voorhees and raumDEuter
United and their obsession with grossly overpaying for players vs Liverpool being the opposite of that?
Liverpool breaking the fee for vvd is a good example of how world class he was even before Liverpool
So yeah, there is no argument

Just because he isn't the same defender doesn't mean he still isn't the best in the world
You have a hard time grasping this

Again so has vvd
🤣
And Ramos doesn't belong in these discussions
He was flawed as hell defensively
Pique was literally better defensively than him, he just wasn't the offensive threat, big game player and leader Ramos is
Ramos is more of a great player than he is great defensively

Pique is ass compared to Ramos. But whatever, I am not here to change somebody's mind, so why do I care tbh. Lets agree that we disagree.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Jason Voorhees and TheTakeoverHasBegun
vvd def has the best prime but he isnt the best oat

• +1
Reactions: raumDEuter