Reading abook and it's so hard

badromance

badromance

Banned
Haven't read books since high school.Books are suifuel for shortattentionspancells or instantgratificationcells.

You guys are missing out on a lot by not reading, you could have such broader and deeper understanding of society and the self if you cut the time you waist rotting on the internet and whatever and tried reading a book every 2 weeks or so instead. But to be fair, yeah technology kills attention spam and school kills your interests in books, school conditions you that if you read a book you will get rewarded -> have good grades, so you sort of feel cheated, kills the motivation, to read some none school book with no other type of reward than knowledge itself.

• +1
Reactions: Zeta ascended and badromance
You guys are missing out on a lot by not reading, you could have such broader and deeper understanding of society and the self if you cut the time you waist rotting on the internet and whatever and tried reading a book every 2 weeks or so instead. But to be fair, yeah technology kills attention spam and school kills your interests in books, school conditions you that if you read a book you will get rewarded -> have good grades, so you sort of feel cheated, kills the motivation, to read some none school book with no other type of reward than knowledge itself.
recommend some good starter self improvement/psychology/social books or w/e you think would be most beneficial Mr. GigaIQ

• +1
Reactions: Dude420
true true

That's the bible on how human truly operate, not the bluepill cuck shit; Evolutionary Psychology: The New Science of the Mind. You will learn a lot about yourself. There is also the Handbooks which are 1300 pages long which goes more in depth and cover more stuff if you are crazy like me, the abridged version I linked I read as well is very good.

Otherwise, I really like Carl Rogers but his books are mostly aimed at psychotherapists, might not be the best starter.

I read a lot of self-help but as a dig deeper I realized most of it is sort of shitty, overlook stuff often which bring them to flawed or incomplete ideas.

You have pretty much all the nonfiction books I read outside of school here if you looking for other suggestions (the 0 stars I went through quickly or have seen conference only instead, so haven't given a rating):
https://www.goodreads.com/review/list/28242011-matgagne?order=d&shelf=read&sort=rating&view=reviews
Will probably order some when I'm done with midterms and have more free time, thanks for the suggestions.

• +1
Reactions: Dude420
Will probably order some when I'm done with midterms and have more free time, thanks for the suggestions.

Great, I encourage you to, def worth it ;)

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 470