Recovery time for genioplasty?

HarrierDuBois

HarrierDuBois

Philosophizing...
What is the recovery time for genioplasty both practically and aesthetically? Like for bimax you can chew foods and stuff perfectly after a year but it might not be aesthetically fully completed until a little later.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 22529 and LiteralCaucasian
Solution
D
after 2 weeks you can go back to work/school, after 4 weeks you can do cardio, after 6 weeks you can go back to normal including contact sports and weight lifting, after 8 weeks you have your final checkup with the surgeon and it should be fully healed (you can no longer tell in any way that you had surgery)
I think it depends on how big of a surgery it was.

Bro it's not a fucking bimax, genio exclusively has got to be less than a quarter.
I just assumed that one would do both at once.
GOODNIGHT

• +1
Reactions: HarrierDuBois
Take it with a grain of salt but I'd estimate recovery to be in the range between 2-3 weeks functionally, and 1-2 months aesthetically.

• +1
Take it with a grain of salt but I'd estimate recovery to be in the range between 2-3 weeks functionally, and 1-2 months aesthetically.
This seems most realistic tbh.

• +1
Reactions: Magnum Opus
after 2 weeks you can go back to work/school, after 4 weeks you can do cardio, after 6 weeks you can go back to normal including contact sports and weight lifting, after 8 weeks you have your final checkup with the surgeon and it should be fully healed (you can no longer tell in any way that you had surgery)

• +1
Solution
brutal he told me I need BSSO fuarkk
I'm fairly recessed and thought I needed a trimax but he said genio was fine. Surprised tbh, but not complaining since it's a quarter as expensive with a 1/10 of the recovery time it seems.

I'm fairly recessed and thought I needed a trimax but he said genio was fine. Surprised tbh, but not complaining since it's a quarter as expensive with a 1/10 of the recovery time it seems.
Is your bite good?

just the chin reccessed?

I thought i could get away with a genio but ramieri seemed adamant about BSSO- other surgeons seemed to say it would suffice.

Im gonna have to consult more surgeons before making my final decision this is the most important decision ill ever make

• +1
Is your bite good?

just the chin reccessed?

I thought i could get away with a genio but ramieri seemed adamant about BSSO- other surgeons seemed to say it would suffice.

Im gonna have to consult more surgeons before making my final decision this is the most important decision ill ever make
I had braces for my bite so it's normal, if I didn't then trimax would have been necessary.

I had braces for my bite so it's normal, if I didn't then trimax would have been necessary.
that doesnt make sense to me because the compensation orthodontics would need undoing normally prior to the sugery to allow the jaws to be advanced

but i dont know the specifics of your case/havent seen your scans

Can I see your side profile?

• +1
that doesnt make sense to me because the compensation orthodontics would need undoing normally prior to the sugery to allow the jaws to be advanced

but i dont know the specifics of your case/havent seen your scans
If I would have wanted a trimax then I would have had to go through reversing the braces, but now Ramieri said that my bite seemed good so only a genio would be enough.

Is your bite good?

just the chin reccessed?

Cooking up more surgeries for your 0.1. PSL increase. I see...

• JFL
This seems most realistic from what I've seen.

This seems most realistic from what I've seen.
Its exactly what my surgeon told me. Basically 2 weeks of hard recovery, and then another 4 weeks of being safe (not straining your body or getting hit) so as to not mess with the recovery. 8 weeks is just a check in to make sure the recovery fully healed it. When I heard this I thought it was incredible, only 2 weeks of significant impairment. Biggest drawback is 6 weeks no lifting.

• +1
Its exactly what my surgeon told me. Basically 2 weeks of hard recovery, and then another 4 weeks of being safe (not straining your body or getting hit) so as to not mess with the recovery. 8 weeks is just a check in to make sure the recovery fully healed it. When I heard this I thought it was incredible, only 2 weeks of significant impairment. Biggest drawback is 6 weeks no lifting.
Could you PM before and after results?