Red Skin: The Condition That Derms Keep Misdiagnosing w/Solutions (Redcels GTFIH)

NorwoodAscender

NorwoodAscender

just a dude on addy enjoying life
Take a quick look at this picture. What is the very first thing you notice?
other than my big ass nose or pencilneck:lul:

893FD8FD CE4B 46F6 BA5A 2B4A74E713D3

Im assuming most of you noticed
the red cheeks correct?

What is my condition?

What I have is a skin condition called Keratosis pilaris rubra faceii. This condition gets misdiagnosed as rosacea by dermatologists every single fucking day.

I was misdiagnosed by a derm that said it was rosacea however it is not. What this condition is in simple terms is “chicken skin/goosebumps but on your face”.

I personally believe that this condition is the original cause of my bad social anxiety. and it pissed me tf off that i have been misdiagnosed this whole time.

If you have this you know what i’m talking about with the social anxiety part, every presentation and public speaking occasion you have to hear “muhh why is ur face so red”. Because the more anxious/nervous u get the more ur face gets red.

How do you know if you have it?
Obviously the first thing to look at is if your cheeks get red the more hot, embarrassed, etc you get.

If yes, look over your body, do you have any chicken skin/ rough skin? Personally, my arms have it. Here is an example of what i’m talking about:
08EDB4A7 5662 4AB4 99ED 30A279CB0028

If you have both of these things i can guarantee you have this skin condition and not fucking rosacea like a lot of the derms say.

Here are some more extreme examples than mine of what it looks like on the face:
80517265 788F 4098 BC06 856D0B849E32
4076560_B24AB68E-1863-407A-BFD9-E416409159F9.jpeg

Potential Solutions/Lifefuel
The best part of knowing that we have this condition instead of Rosacea is because it goes away in your late 20s. While rosacea gets worse and worse. Look up pictures of young Prince Harry then compare them to now. Here a list of potential solutions in order of recommendation in the meantime tho.

1.) Sirolimus topical cream. This is a new solution people are starting to use and it’s working like absolute wonders. decently expensive tho, like $100 a month but so worth it. (i’m getting it within the week)

2.) For presentations and social events just cover that shit up with an anti-redness bb cream. i personally use loreals anti redness cream and it ascends me so much. covers up the redness and the acne. absolutely mogs.

3.) V-beam lasers. ONLY USE IF THE SIROLIMUS CREAM DOESNT WORK. expensive and only works some of the time and can come back.

4.) Not a solution, but I would recommend following the KPRubraFaceii subreddit. If more and better cures get posted this is exactly where you will find them. so check here every month or so. this is where i found the sirolimus cream.

5.) Getting a tan so it’s less noticeable. Mine is way more noticeable when i’m pale. Melanotan 2.

i know some of you for sure have this condition, i’ve seen it so many times on here. but the only one i can think of off the top of my head is @AlbinoMaxxer

Thanks for reading! Best of luck ascending from redceldom bhais!

- a red but hopeful norwood
@Clavicular @coispet
@SteveRogers @yeeyeeslayer @Brus Wane
@ElTruecel @willsoooomasculine @butterworld
@lemonnz @HarrierDuBois @dragomaxxer @TechnoBoss @antony 726 @CoreSchizo

Attachments

• B24AB68E-1863-407A-BFD9-E416409159F9.jpeg
    B24AB68E-1863-407A-BFD9-E416409159F9.jpeg
    13.6 KB · Views: 0
  • +1
  • Love it
  • Woah
Reactions: notgraycel245969, the next o'pry, Elysiann and 10 others
Good Read :)

My old account had its avi as Prince William and I always thought his Keratosis suited his face lol

Also didn’t using Lumin Eye Brightening Drops completely revert your redness?

• +1
Reactions: NorwoodAscender
Not bad tbh, can even be a halo if it’s mild like in ur case

• +1
Reactions: NorwoodAscender and coispet
Good Read :)

My old account had its avi as Prince William and I always thought his Keratosis suited his face lol

Also didn’t using Lumin Eye Brightening Drops completely revert your redness?
the rebound was too drastic imo for it to be worth it. it definitely works for like six hours or so but the rebound is brutal.

• So Sad
  • +1
Reactions: NoseProphecy and coispet
Not bad tbh, can even be a halo if it’s mild like in ur case
yeah but it will look worse than this during presentations/stressful situations

• JFL
  • WTF
  • +1
Reactions: NoseProphecy, barettrealrx and yeeyeeslayer
damn late 20s you’re gonna be a wizard by the time it goes away

• +1
damn late 20s you’re gonna be a wizard by the time it goes away
yup sometimes even later also. just have to hope this new cream im ordering works or they come up with a 100 cure

• +1
Reactions: Clavicular, mirrormogger and NoseProphecy

View attachment 2863842

the red cheeks correct?

What is my condition?

What I have is a skin condition called Keratosis pilaris rubra faceii. This condition gets misdiagnosed as rosacea by dermatologists every single fucking day.

I was misdiagnosed by a derm that said it was rosacea however it is not. What this condition is in simple terms is “chicken skin/goosebumps but on your face”.

I personally believe that this condition is the original cause of my bad social anxiety. and it pissed me tf off that i have been misdiagnosed this whole time.

If you have this you know what i’m talking about with the social anxiety part, every presentation and public speaking occasion you have to hear “muhh why is ur face so red”. Because the more anxious/nervous u get the more ur face gets red.

Obviously the first thing to look at is if your cheeks get red the more hot, embarrassed, etc you get.

If yes, look over your body, do you have any chicken skin/ rough skin? Personally, my arms have it. Here is an example of what i’m talking about:
View attachment 2863879

If you have both of these things i can guarantee you have this skin condition and not fucking rosacea like a lot of the derms say.

Here are some more extreme examples than mine of what it looks like on the face:
View attachment 2863886

The best part of knowing that we have this condition instead of Rosacea is because it goes away in your late 20s. While rosacea gets worse and worse. Look up pictures of young Prince Harry then compare them to now. Here a list of potential solutions in order of recommendation in the meantime tho.

1.) Sirolimus topical cream. This is a new solution people are starting to use and it’s working like absolute wonders. decently expensive tho, like $100 a month but so worth it. (i’m getting it within the week)

2.) For presentations and social events just cover that shit up with an anti-redness bb cream. i personally use loreals anti redness cream and it ascends me so much. covers up the redness and the acne. absolutely mogs.

3.) V-beam lasers. ONLY USE IF THE SIROLIMUS CREAM DOESNT WORK. expensive and only works some of the time and can come back.

4.) Not a solution, but I would recommend following the KPRubraFaceii subreddit. If more and better cures get posted this is exactly where you will find them. so check here every month or so. this is where i found the sirolimus cream.

5.) Getting a tan so it’s less noticeable. Mine is way more noticeable when i’m pale. Melanotan 2.

i know some of you for sure have this condition, i’ve seen it so many times on here. but the only one i can think of off the top of my head is @AlbinoMaxxer

@Clavicular @coispet

I think the difference between this and rosacea is that rosacea doesn’t affect the lower third I think. It’s just the cheeks and nose with rosacea. Both of these fucking suck btw,mirin on the green tint loreal bbc cream. Best of luck

• +1

• +1
Reactions: NoseProphecy
Yo u actually escaped mtnceldom
mirin

• +1
Reactions: Clavicular and NorwoodAscender
Good thread boyo.

And yup, derms are retards. They kept giving me topicals for a year and a half straight with bad acne and never once thought antibiotics or Accutane till about 5 months ago. And one of them was legit a dumbass I asked him if and milk and protien power could effect my skin and he looked at me like that was completely bizzare

• +1
Reactions: Clavicular and NorwoodAscender

View attachment 2863842

the red cheeks correct?

What is my condition?

View attachment 2863879

View attachment 2863886

@Clavicular @coispet

Nigga, I love that pink blush on white boys, it makes them look so kawaii ☺️ like you.

• JFL
  • Hmm...
Reactions: beebeem_, NoseProphecy and NorwoodAscender

View attachment 2863842

the red cheeks correct?

What is my condition?

View attachment 2863879

View attachment 2863886

@Clavicular @coispet

Bookmarked good thread

• +1
not a word

• +1
Reactions: 6"4 Tyrone(I'm not) and ggg.tv
did not read but repped and bumped

• +1
Good thread. I use the Dr Jart Tiger Grass Color Correcting Cream right now which works great for me too. Not sure if the Loreal one would be better tho

• +1
Good thread. I use the Dr Jart Tiger Grass Color Correcting Cream right now which works great for me too. Not sure if the Loreal one would be better tho
i’ve heard good things about both

• +1
Reactions: sirmimbing