Redditors are way worse than .org when it comes to height delusion and exaggeration

I stumbled on this thread about average female zoomer height in Europe

some gems:
Dutch guy claiming his 5'10 gf is so short he teases her for it
View attachment 2825167
5'7 Dutch woman saying she feels like a femlet
View attachment 2825172
5'10 Swedish woman saying she feels average
View attachment 2825165
5'9 Swedish guy saying he gets heightmogged by most women in his country (i.e. they're 5'10+)
View attachment 2825171
5'9.5 German woman saying she's a femlet in the Netherlands
View attachment 2825175
Italian woman saying average girl in her old hs is 5'11
View attachment 2825178
Dutch Guy claiming he's dated multiple 6'5 Dutch women
View attachment 2825181
Someone (again Dutch) saying 5'7 is average for 12-year-old girls
View attachment 2825186
5'10 Polish woman saying she feels short in Poland
View attachment 2825188
German woman saying average for hs girls is above 5'7
View attachment 2825189
American 5'8 woman saying she feels average in the US
View attachment 2825192
6'3 guy saying he gets mogged by half of men and 25% of women in the Netherlands, implying 25% of women there are 6'4+
View attachment 2825194

Not even the biggest rotters here say shit like this. Most of the examples in this case are Dutch, they're the worst when it comes to these tales, but I've seen similar stories about other countries too in other posts (funniest one was a "6'3" Thai guy saying he doesn't feel tall in Thailand, but I digress). Makes you appreciate this place a bit, it's actually pretty realistic in comparison.

But it does make me curious: I know for a fact these anecdotes aren't true, I live in a country with an average height very close to most of the ones mentioned there, above in some cases. What causes people to be THAT off? Like, does the guy saying his 5'10 gf is a femlet, or the woman saying 5'11 is common for schoolgirls in Italy of all places, actually believe it, or are they trolling? I know studies say the average person overestimates their height, but this bad? What's the explanation for this phenomenon? Are redditors bigger rotters than looksmaxxers, or are they just normies and normies really are that clueless about height?

They're just clueless I think. The biggest issue is liars. Dudes try to guesstimate there height and add inches making everyone think 5'7 is really 5'10 and so on.

• +1
Reactions: Lynxress
Lying makes people feel alive for some reason
Something I never understood as an autist which is why I fail socially
Those who are concerned with the truth are dismissed as being inferior because the things they say sound less impressive or attention grabbing

• +1
Reactions: Lynxress
Swedish women aren't tall ogres

I’m 6’5. Am I tall in certain countries?

I’m 6’5. Am I tall in certain countries?
average woman according to soyditors is 5'10, and ideal height difference for women is 8-10 inches, so sorry dude, close but not quite

Last edited:
  • JFL
Reactions: Lynxress and sudanguy
Swedish women aren't tall ogres
yeah if the stats are to believed they're not any taller than most European women. The only real outliers are the Dutch.

• +1
Reactions: sportsmogger
1) they’re lying and larping cus they’re insecure about their own height so they wanna make tall heights look worse too
2) ppls eyes aren’t that good at telling height due to us not being able to see our own forehead so we think we are shorter than what we really are in comparison to others
This is literal cope , if u compare shoulder height 8 out of 10 times u can accurately acess whats the height difference between u and any tall person,

They are not 5'9 maybe 5'6-5'7 max
Or it's just a larp
No way you will feel short at 5'10 as a foid lmao
Even 6' just 2 inches above as a man would make you above avg

• +1
Reactions: Lynxress and kanderior
This is literal cope , if u compare shoulder height 8 out of 10 times u can accurately acess whats the height difference between u and any tall person,
dude average schoolgirl in Italy isn't 5'11 and 5'10 isn't femlet height in Poland. There is some ambiguity with assessing heights irl and anecdotes can vary, but at some point you have to rely on common sense and irl experience. Most of these claims are clearly and verifiably impossible, nothing coping about that. The point of my post is understanding how people can be THAT wrong, it's not even a question of whether they might be right or not.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: horizontallytall
I stumbled on this thread about average female zoomer height in Europe

some gems:
Dutch guy claiming his 5'10 gf is so short he teases her for it
View attachment 2825167
5'7 Dutch woman saying she feels like a femlet
View attachment 2825172
5'10 Swedish woman saying she feels average
View attachment 2825165
5'9 Swedish guy saying he gets heightmogged by most women in his country (i.e. they're 5'10+)
View attachment 2825171
5'9.5 German woman saying she's a femlet in the Netherlands
View attachment 2825175
Italian woman saying average girl in her old hs is 5'11
View attachment 2825178
Dutch Guy claiming he's dated multiple 6'5 Dutch women
View attachment 2825181
Someone (again Dutch) saying 5'7 is average for 12-year-old girls
View attachment 2825186
5'10 Polish woman saying she feels short in Poland
View attachment 2825188
German woman saying average for hs girls is above 5'7
View attachment 2825189
American 5'8 woman saying she feels average in the US
View attachment 2825192
6'3 guy saying he gets mogged by half of men and 25% of women in the Netherlands, implying 25% of women there are 6'4+
View attachment 2825194

Not even the biggest rotters here say shit like this. Most of the examples in this case are Dutch, they're the worst when it comes to these tales, but I've seen similar stories about other countries too in other posts (funniest one was a "6'3" Thai guy saying he doesn't feel tall in Thailand, but I digress). Makes you appreciate this place a bit, it's actually pretty realistic in comparison.

But it does make me curious: I know for a fact these anecdotes aren't true, I live in a country with an average height very close to most of the ones mentioned there, above in some cases. What causes people to be THAT off? Like, does the guy saying his 5'10 gf is a femlet, or the woman saying 5'11 is common for schoolgirls in Italy of all places, actually believe it, or are they trolling? I know studies say the average person overestimates their height, but this bad? What's the explanation for this phenomenon? Are redditors bigger rotters than looksmaxxers, or are they just normies and normies really are that clueless about height?

Selection bias

women dont use reddit all larps from sfcels to exaggerate euro height

I see women taller than me every time I go to the grocery store at 6'2.

spotted at least 10 people who were an entire head taller.

but I live in the tallest part of the country with the biggest outliers.

• +1
Reactions: Loveland
It can be a larp or people just overestimate their height and add 3 or 4 inches to their height due to the current height inflation

I see women taller than me every time I go to the grocery store at 6'2.

spotted at least 10 people who were an entire head taller.

but I live in the tallest part of the country with the biggest outliers.
Dunno dude, if you often see women taller than 6'2 that would make average female height wherever you are close to 6'0 if not more, which doesn't seem likely to me. The absolute tallest region in the world (not country), the Dinaric Alps, has an average female height of about 5'8.

Last edited:
Dunno dude, if you often see women taller than 6'2 that would make average female height wherever you are close to 6'0 if not more, which doesn't seem likely to me.
I see lots that are short as well, but tall women are not rare here.

6'1 is way taller than people portray it to be, even rob paul from celebheights said it is ideal, personally it is close to the ideal I'd take 6'2 or 6'3 over 6'1

1) they’re lying and larping cus they’re insecure about their own height so they wanna make tall heights look worse too
2) ppls eyes aren’t that good at telling height due to us not being able to see our own forehead so we think we are shorter than what we really are in comparison to others
could you explain the first point i didn't get it

Tiktok is way worse than this forum and reddit on height delusions. I legit see 12 year olds on that app claim they’re short for their age at 5’9 on every single post with height.

You’ll regularly see niggas say they feel short at 6’4
the mother in op post who said "my daughter is 1.70 at 12 already" jfl at this btw as if she is gonna grow anyway at 12 yo

people saying they feel short at 6'4 need to be 5'5 for the rest of their lives

• +1
Reactions: ElTruecel