Redlight Therapy 300W v 45W

I remember pondering this same thing when buying my growing lamp and I came to the conclusion that 15W are enough, not sure excatly what my thought process and arguments were though, lol.

try looking around light therapy blogs with the term "irradiance"

• +1
Reactions: KingScrew
Advertised wattage: 300W-1000W
Price: 120-320 $

Advertised wattage: 45W
Price: 43$

My intuition is that slower + more time is superior to faster with a higher wattage. Maybe someone can enlighten me?

Price is not a huge priority for me, but may be for others.
im seeing big changes with only 36w, 30 min a day... the trick is to combine it with blue light therapy and shrink your pores + kill acne

• +1
im seeing big changes with only 36w, 30 min a day... the trick is to combine it with blue light therapy and shrink your pores + kill acne
Thank you, what's your routine?

Thank you, what's your routine?
30 minutes of red light first, roughly 2 feet away from the light. bought this cheap stand off amazon that works with the lights I bought:

www dot amazon dot com/gp/product/B01LYH8N6W/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I then do 20 minutes of blue light, but a little bit closer just to completely cover my more acne prone spots.

Here are the lights I bought in case you're wondering:

www dot amazon dot com/gp/product/B0744GY7TP/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
www dot amazon dot com/gp/product/B075RYNP18/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Every single day you'll start to see results after a month of consistency

All in all roughly 75 bucks for skin that mogs mid-high tier normies in the dust.

Last edited:
  • +1
30 minutes of red light first, roughly 2 feet away from the light. bought this cheap stand off amazon that works with the lights I bought:

www dot amazon dot com/gp/product/B01LYH8N6W/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I then do 20 minutes of blue light, but a little bit closer just to completely cover my more acne prone spots.

Here are the lights I bought in case you're wondering:

www dot amazon dot com/gp/product/B0744GY7TP/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
www dot amazon dot com/gp/product/B075RYNP18/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Every single day you'll start to see results after a month of consistency

All in all roughly 75 bucks for skin that mogs mid-high tier normies in the dust.
Cool, surprised your seeing results at such a low irradiance. Just read this too from https://www.acne.org/light-therapy.html:

"When blue light reaches the sebaceous (oil) glands in the skin, it can excite compounds produced by acne bacteria called porphyrins. When excited by light, these porphyrins kill the bacteria. Researchers are not sure whether blue light works in other ways as well. "

Cool, surprised your seeing results at such a low irradiance. Just read this too from https://www.acne.org/light-therapy.html:

"When blue light reaches the sebaceous (oil) glands in the skin, it can excite compounds produced by acne bacteria called porphyrins. When excited by light, these porphyrins kill the bacteria. Researchers are not sure whether blue light works in other ways as well. "
check this out: https://looksmax.org/threads/redlight-therapy-is-legit-everyone-gtfih.24622/

niggas literally reporting results with even less.. 13w, I feel like the nm is more important than the wattage, could be wrong.

check this out: https://looksmax.org/threads/redlight-therapy-is-legit-everyone-gtfih.24622/

niggas literally reporting results with even less.. 13w, I feel like the nm is more important than the wattage, could be wrong.
Yes, but real talk.
The lamp you found - of which I found a 54W version...
blue: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000822251924.html
red: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000822123133.html
Operates in the 460nm spectrum, which runs contrary to the 407-420nm suggested at the article I posted above.

What changes have you seen?

from https://theskincareedit.com/red-light-therapy-at-home:

You mentioned that red light can help with acne. But I've only ever seen blue light devices sold for that purpose (such as the Foreo Espada). Why?

Strong blue light has a sterilizing effect on bacteria, including acne.

It comes at a cost, though, as blue light harms our own cells, too. Studies show it is effective against acne in the short term, but it also increases our rate of aging and damages our eyesight, among other negative effects.

from https://theskincareedit.com/red-light-therapy-at-home:

You mentioned that red light can help with acne. But I've only ever seen blue light devices sold for that purpose (such as the Foreo Espada). Why?

Strong blue light has a sterilizing effect on bacteria, including acne.

It comes at a cost, though, as blue light harms our own cells, too. Studies show it is effective against acne in the short term, but it also increases our rate of aging and damages our eyesight, among other negative effects.

you can get something like this - lamp and cover the whole beneficial spectrum

you can get something like this - lamp and cover the whole beneficial spectrum
The whole spectrum is useless, else staying in the sun would be infinitely more helpful. Look at the article I posted

The whole spectrum is useless, else staying in the sun would be infinitely more helpful. Look at the article I posted
View attachment 487624

Where does it say that the whole spectrum is useless? The whole article seems like a blatant product advertisement, such as the claim that somehow a 660nm wave length is going to be drastically less effective than 650nm (was it the other way around) which makes 0 sense to me from a physics standpoint.

also, the lamp he sells is 36W and claimed to be of sufficient power, so we can use that as a guideline for finding a cheaper growing lamp

Where does it say that the whole spectrum is useless? The whole article seems like a blatant product advertisement, such as the claim that somehow a 660nm wave length is going to be drastically less effective than 650nm (was it the other way around) which makes 0 sense to me from a physics standpoint.

also, the lamp he sells is 36W and claimed to be of sufficient power, so we can use that as a guideline for finding a cheaper growing lamp
I posted the an actual source and picture if you would get off your lazy ass and read through it.

Why don't you do the same instead heckling me about how every product and source (joovy, platinum etc.) uses these wave lengths.

I posted the an actual source and picture if you would get off your lazy ass and read through it.

i read it and nowhere does it say that somehow a light source which includes a wide spectrum of wavelengths is going to be magically ineffective compared to a product that uses a certain 4 wavelengths. care to explain how would that work mechanistically?

idk why you get so bitchy about that either, I'm trying to point you to a cheaper alternative, which, from my understanding, might even be better

i read it and nowhere does it say that somehow a light source which includes a wide spectrum of wavelengths is going to be magically ineffective compared to a product that uses a certain 4 wavelengths. care to explain how would that work mechanistically?

idk why you get so bitchy about that either, I'm trying to point you to a cheaper alternative, which, from my understanding, might even be better
Because nothing gets too you. How do you deal with the fact that every product uses that range?

It's simple, when the lamp produces a lot of light at one wave length, it has to produce less at another - particularly with a limited wattage.

And yes, guess neither of us know why that certain wave lengths magically works better than others ie. have higher cytochrome absorption.

How do you deal with the fact that every product uses that range?

this is a moot argument, another example would be OTC hair loss products containing Biotin which has practically 0 effect on MPB. also, we have some evidence that light in the yellow-amber spectrum is beneficial - something you don't get with the likes of Joov, but is present in cheap growing lamps.

"when the lamp produces a lot of light at one wave length, it has to produce less at another - particularly with a limited wattage."

this should be easily addressed by just moving the source of light closer.

Last edited:
  • JFL