Redlight therapy is legit

I rather go to red light district
I rather go to red light district

placibo is a wonderful thing

Good thread. Highly recommend not buying those expensive red light treatments directed towards beauty as those are overpriced. Here's a lookism post going into detail. Essentially, you can buy the same shit for like $10, so not such a heavy investment for something with low to no risk.
https://lookism.net/Thread-Red-LED-Therapy-is-Legit-for-Anti-Aging-and-cheap-af
I know this is an old topic but could you link me to a RLT from Amazon. The link you posted doesn’t work. Would be greatly appreciated :)

Amazing thread

Anyone has a link for the red and blue light lamp to buy under $40? @tincelw

• +1
Reactions: Rift
Someone help us out with a reputable red light lamp couldn’t care about the price.

Can you still use the red light therapy if you're already applying Tretinoin on your skin?

lol at just spamming a dozen 'studies' and thinking people will be impressed with your research. Out of the first you listed: 1st and 4th are just people, not even Phds, that work for German companies that sell Red Light products, 2nd is from Korea, 3rd is from Brazil, so not a reputable source among them.
You have't died yet? lol

Whats your blood pressure and cholesterol numbers at these days?

To speak on the OP I've read some stuff about this too but you need to keep them really close to your face for 20+ minutes and its more of a pain in this ass than just popping some red led lights on in the room while you rot. If you're serious about stuff like this the microneedling pens are a better option.

Author owns a lighting consulting company, he is not objective, worthless mumbo jumbo.

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: ScramFranklin and Deleted member 439
Most legit thread
2 months of red light therapy and my skin is glowing

Most legit thread
2 months of red light therapy and my skin is glowing
which product and how exactly did you use it`? 2 daily?

• +1
It's on. Half the lights are infrared lights, which penetrate even deeper than red lights.
where did you buy this? or what's the name of this sort of device with half IR? thanks

where did you buy this? or what's the name of this sort of device with half IR? thanks

I got it from a company based in China that manufactures red light/IR light devices for other companies (I.e., private labeling). This is the one I bought from them:

I think it's normally $80 + $40 shipping to the US, but at the time I ordered it a couple months ago, the sales rep said it was on sale for half off, so it was only $40 + $40 shipping. Not sure if they're still offering the discount. I bought it through their Alibaba sales rep. Here's the link to their Alibaba page:

• +1
I got it from a company based in China that manufactures red light/IR light devices for other companies (I.e., private labeling). This is the one I bought from them:

I think it's normally $80 + $40 shipping to the US, but at the time I ordered it a couple months ago, the sales rep said it was on sale for half off, so it was only $40 + $40 shipping. Not sure if they're still offering the discount. I bought it through their Alibaba sales rep. Here's the link to their Alibaba page:

thanks so much dude!!!

Good stuff. Any side effects with red light btw?

Good stuff. Any side effects with red light btw?

Anecdotally speaking, none that I've noticed so far. It may just be a placebo effect, but it seems like my skin is more red and sensitive the next day along with more peeling than I usually get from using Retin-A. I'm wondering if the active ingredient in Retin-A (tretinoin) might be getting photo- activated by the red/infrared lights?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 685
Right now im doing my daily red light therapy

• +1
Reactions: DidntRead

What routine do you follow with this? Do you use it after applying your skin routine? How close to the Red light to you sit (inches)? How many minutes do you use it per session? How many sessions per day? Feel free to add any more tips! Would greatly appreciate it.

What routine do you follow with this? Do you use it after applying your skin routine? How close to the Red light to you sit (inches)? How many minutes do you use it per session? How many sessions per day? Feel free to add any more tips! Would greatly appreciate it.

I usually just sit down and hold the light in front of my face about 6-8 inches away (this is the distance that was used in one of the studies; sometimes I'll hold it closer) for about 10-12 minutes. Then I'll hold the light next to the left and right sides of my face for maybe 5-7 minutes on each side. I'll usually do an extra 2-3 minutes on my forehead as well.

I basically made this routine up; I'm not sure if there's a more effective one to follow. So far I've only been doing one session per day. I do the sessions after I put on Retin-A and peptide serum.

• +1
Reactions: DidntRead and Rift
the cheapest full spectrum red light therapy device that everyone has access to is THE FUCKING SUN ITS FREE

• +1
Reactions: slayer69 and Deleted member 685
I usually just sit down and hold the light in front of my face about 6-8 inches away (this is the distance that was used in one of the studies; sometimes I'll hold it closer) for about 10-12 minutes. Then I'll hold the light next to the left and right sides of my face for maybe 5-7 minutes on each side. I'll usually do an extra 2-3 minutes on my forehead as well.

I basically made this routine up; I'm not sure if there's a more effective one to follow. So far I've only been doing one session per day. I do the sessions after I put on Retin-A and peptide serum.
hey you should apply retin a after the red light therapy, otherwise you'll fuck up your skin

How do? Just curious
because retin a (tretinoin) basically peels the skin off your face, then when you apply red light it damages the underlayers of the skin. it's something to this affect if you google it you'll find the real explanation haha sorry dude im not too good at explaining things. the best way is to use red light first, then apply the retin a after followed by a moisturiser. hope that helps, at least to give you something to look into in order to make your own decision

• +1
Reactions: SeriousAscension
Is this similar to the Lumiere red light therapy device? They used to have one at this tanning salon I went to when I was younger and you could definitely see a difference... problem was it was always booked up and they jacked up membership prices...

redlighttherapy.lighttherapyoptions.com/product/lumiere-excel/

because retin a (tretinoin) basically peels the skin off your face, then when you apply red light it damages the underlayers of the skin. it's something to this affect if you google it you'll find the real explanation haha sorry dude im not too good at explaining things. the best way is to use red light first, then apply the retin a after followed by a moisturiser. hope that helps, at least to give you something to look into in order to make your own decision
I don’t use retin A. Is it still okay to use red light therapy?

I don’t use retin A. Is it still okay to use red light therapy?
yeah, and even if you use retin a it's still fine dude, just use the retin a after the red light

yeah, and even if you use retin a it's still fine dude, just use the retin a after the red light
I’m new to skinmaxxing so am just trying to get as much info down as possible. I follow a basic cleanser-Moisturizer-sunscreen routine. Is that optimal for red light?

I’m new to skinmaxxing so am just trying to get as much info down as possible. I follow a basic cleanser-Moisturizer-sunscreen routine. Is that optimal for red light?
clean, red light, moisturise

Since when does red light cause damage i any instance? I thought it was 100% safe. Would make it super good during pregnancy...

Since when does red light cause damage i any instance? I thought it was 100% safe. Would make it super good during pregnancy...
same principal as going into sun after retin a - theres a reason its advised to use at night before bed, not in morning.

Bone growth

"In conclusion, LA promotes longitudinal bone growth in adolescent rats, suggesting that laser acupuncture may be a promising intervention for improving the growth potential for children and adolescents."

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28742438 systematic review (of 230 studies on 19met criteria)

A positive effect of low-level laser energy on bone regeneration within a certain relationship between dose and output power was found. LLLT stimulates cellular metabolism, increasing protein synthesis and subsequent bone regeneration. A high dose combined with low power or a low dose combined with high power appears to produce a positive effect.

"No significant difference in new cartilage formation and inflammation was found between the groups (p > 0.05). However, there was significantly more new bone formation in the experimental group (p < 0.05)." (your nose wont grow)

Cosmetic local fat reduction

"Based on this case series pilot investigation, the combination of 3 different wavelengths of LLL was effective for abdominal girth reduction in 100% of our subjects (P<0.001), without any side effects. Future studies will assess the long-term benefits of this laser combination for reduction of subcutaneous fat deposits."

Hair
"The meta-analysis included 8 studies comprising a total of 11 double-blinded randomized controlled trials.

The quantitative analysis showed a significant increase in hair density for those treated by LLLT versus sham group (SMD 1.316, 95% confidence interval, CI 0.993 to 1.639). The subgroup analysis demonstrated that LLLT increases hair growth in both genders, in both comb- and helmet-type devices, and in short- and long-term treatment course.

The subgroup analysis also showed a more significant increase of hair growth for the LLLT versus sham in the low-frequency treatment group (SMD 1.555, 95% CI 1.132 to 1.978) than in the high-frequency group (SMD 0.949, 95% CI 0.644 to 1.253).

The review was limited by the heterogeneity of included trials.

LLLT significantly increased hair density in AGA. The meta-analysis suggests that low treatment frequency by LLLT have a better hair growth effect than high treatment frequency. LLLT represents a potentially effective treatment for AGA in both male and female. The types of LLLT devices and LLLT treatment course duration did not affect the effectiveness in hair growth."

You're the fucking G man, buying it as we speak

FWIW I bought this one to experiment with:

I didn't realize it was from UK when I ordered because I was on my phone, otherwise would have ordered something similar from US.

Yo guys, which lamps do you recommend getting?

@tincelw how can i shrink my pores?

edit: how do i get blue light? u said w blue and red light pores decreased by 90%

Last edited:
Infrared light therapy

Aging: Photo Evidence

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3926176/
After 30days of sessions lasting 15-30minutes
An external file that holds a picture, illustration, etc. Object name is fig-3.jpg

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2687728/
FnMKWleN0Djaqj-1_gY5EebVcNuodlUDjXSGKTPmh3m1qZkQfS3v6p5c4aPFQ47ARa7xat_Kkyc2TA_ScwLm_f5g2cXUd81q8j8c22zk0wiscnH-lgWZxqOkKb-QYQD-ydkGsQXn

Collagen production

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19593638

"In treated animals, the extent of edema and the number of inflammatory cells were reduced (P < 0.05). The amount of collagen in graft treated with low-level laser were significantly higher than those of controls (P < 0.05) and were statistically more prominent on the 14th day after surgery. The mean count of fibroblasts was significantly higher in the low-laser therapy group within the 3rd day, showing a marked influx of fibroblasts into area. In conclusion, wound healing of the ADM appear to be positively affected by laser therapy."

(fibroblasts are responsible for collagen production)

Collagen density after 30days after infrared light therapy https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3926176/

b-s-BWXIb5T7p6LP4GCCyBxqnU_ACYvY8JX8UAYnpU2LzNC8zrSwkULZ4EFpt2KI5cKOpO5P1lYNHIv7OV5XsVNzLLVTVf1Gs_SbOu74Cxv_aZef2eVWY-TmUytJ8PznvWrcE_DN

Yhr3cIavkVi7-o-bM0rO7BzgZAOGTvErCvus5OL06Q80o2dkuz-2zZv8WobnwlMSRtTs0wqkKjWDeTBCggZFS1RYVAyoWsM2JSdJCper6-QKdOaHrG9046wEm9BYJoKSvdS74ctN

(concentration of collagen)

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15654716

Skin textural improvement by digital imaging and surface profilometry is accompanied by increased collagen I deposition with reduced MMP-1 (collagenase) activity in the papillary dermis. This technique is a safe and effective non-painful non-ablative modality for improvement of photoaging.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19764893

The fibroblasts cultured with the keratinocyte conditioned medium, particularly with a combination of 630/850, increased collagen levels.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19587693

Results yielded a mean percent difference between LED-treated and non-LED-treated HRS of 31% in levels of type-1 procollagen and of -18% in MMP-1. Furthermore, profilometry quantification revealed that more than 90% of individuals showed a reduction in wrinkle depth and surface roughness, and, via a blinded clinical assessment, that 87% experienced a reduction in the Fitzpatrick wrinkling severity score after 12 LED treatments. No adverse events or downtime were reported. Our study showed that LED therapy reversed collagen downregulation and MMP-1 upregulation. These findings suggest that LED at 660 nm is a safe and effective collagen-enhancement strategy.

Acne: (most of these are with blue light as they have synergistic effects anti inflammatory + anti bacterial)

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24313686

At 1 month, >90% clearance or moderate improvement occurred in 22/50 (44%) patients in the LED group. There was no control group.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27762647 (states it is more efficient that salicylic acid for acne)

"The combined use of red and blue lights due to their anti-inflammatory and wound-healing properties is a more efficient alternative for treating Acne vulgaris in relation to SA and proves more reliable and without side effects, improving the adolescents' skin health."

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23278295

"At the final visit at 12 weeks, both inflammatory and noninflammatory acne lesions had decreased significantly, by 77% and 54%, respectively, in the treatment group. No significant difference was observed in the control group.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16414904

Reduces Acne with a 90% Reduction in Pore Size (when combined with blue light)

Clinical evaluation: how much improvement on a 10point scale

Self evaluation
eNSOQD4yrCZ1kOBpjwyogef7ZFJmDrKT2bgTN5NYpG0CD15QRecNTtXSzCqQ5tRVZ3hQ1pFW_rbRj9lJ1XLB-8sPt92jYZalVV_G-5kbT7QXtQJ0C2P3-Uh20FSPZVTfIKsWVjCY

Medical examiners evaluation
Kv8RkZ86hc0mOAMjlC-lMCFst1Twt5WDHTqpIYq-MBE0mtWziTDTnWuYl055RYMgiwBe3hezUe5QxBWt3jWzJzd_kofpyMau9cSZatHqde7amitQY0c9UYqKEROkUQ7MpBP7jBt8

TL;DR
Increases collagen (4.6ug/ml -> 36.36ug/ml after 5hours)
Decreases wrinkles and fine lines
Decreases acne (from 77%->90% improvements noted) (more effective than salicylic acid)
anti inflammatory

If you are interested in researching this more for health and other purposes: (1500 studies compiled on infraredlight therapy)

(comment if you want me to tag you in the future)
@Soulsmaxx @Vitruvian @Zeta ascended @TubOfLard

Amazing pieces of research and evidence, this should be pinned.

@tincelw how can i shrink my pores?

Redlight + blue light helps.
Also avoid sun exposure. Tretinoin, Vitamin C, and AHA also help

"sun exposure another factor that significantly increases S P,14 making SP another feature of photo-altered skin, with the face being the skin region drawing the most concern? In fact, topical applications of Tretinoin™, Vitamin C, or AHAs have significantly mitigating impacts upon SP"

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2846
Redlight + blue light helps.
Also avoid sun exposure. Tretinoin, Vitamin C, and AHA also help

"sun exposure another factor that significantly increases S P,14 making SP another feature of photo-altered skin, with the face being the skin region drawing the most concern? In fact, topical applications of Tretinoin™, Vitamin C, or AHAs have significantly mitigating impacts upon SP"
so trenteion and vit c= good? with sunscreen if u use trentention ofc

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 439
bumping this legit thread - does anyone know whether grow lamps with smaller wattage - 15/40/60, can still be efficient?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 656
bumping this legit thread - does anyone know whether grow lamps with smaller wattage - 15/40/60, can still be efficient?
@Seth Walsh

Won't be that much

I wouldn't go for anything other than a Joovv. (Don't have a Joovv right now but getting the Joovv Go soon.) I threw the €80 lamp I got in the bin. Wattage wasn't enough and it literally stopped working after a few weeks. Was at a point where the red light would only turn on if I positioned the lamp in a very particular way. And even then, the power just seemed to get weaker day by day. Was total trash, the beurer lamp.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: TITUS and stuckneworleans