(Reflection) Intangible things DO matter but it's the tangible things that separate Winners from Losers

RealSurgerymax

RealSurgerymax

From .net
Contributor
Losers often virtue signal to feel better by making statements like

"Societal expectations are so shallow :trepidation:"

"In the end it's what's on the inside that matters:forcedsmile:"

"Looks don't matter as much as personality"
"Money doesn't matter as much as friends and family"
"Status doesn't matter as much as character"

Things like a sense of love, belonging, connectedness, good family relationships, personality, character etc. do matter.

But anyone can improve these aspects of their life free and easy.

But don’t be fooled. Material success and appearance is what sets apart the elite who rule the world and the average & below average people who have always and will always be shit on and told it’s okay.

“When I was young I thought that money was the most important thing in life; now that I am old I know that it is.”
-Oscar Wild

And as for looks, 90% of people will bitch and moan about how it’s just shallow societal expectations that don't matter. But it’s not shallow - it’s human nature, and it couldn't matter more.

Often the losers of the world will cling to comforting copes like “People with material success are probably not even happy with themselves.” But they probably are. Some people have it ALL. They have the material success and the intangible accomplishments to go along with it. So don’t settle for any less. Don’t buy into the lie that you should be just as happy with nothing.

This modern Everyone-Is-A-Winner mentality is the TRUE surface-level societal convention. It is a lie and it is normalizing mediocrity which is why so many people have “untreatable depression.” Maybe it isn’t “chemical imbalances” maybe those negative thoughts that your life is shit have some truth to them. If your life is at rock-bottom I suppose you can go on some strong drugs to make you okay with that but a true resolution would be putting in the work to improve yourself.

This might sound like bad news if you werent naturally blessed with handsome looks or born into wealth. But intensive self-improvement is always possible.

So stop virtue signalling and making comforting excuses like the rest of mainstream society. Take control of your identity NOW. You CAN be one of the winners.

It’s never too late to start making changes.

Last edited:
  • +1
  • Love it
Reactions: ranger150, Tallooksmaxxer, Unsh and 28 others
Banger thread from RealSurgeryMax

• +1
Reactions: johncruz12345, thecel, Lux and 2 others
the elite who rule the world and the average & below average people who have always and will always be shit on and told it’s okay.
and this needs to change or else we are going to drive ourselves to shit when these economic conditions become unstable.

• +1
Reactions: RealSurgerymax
bookmarked

• +1
I like tangerines

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Hightwolf, BigBoy, Lux and 1 other person
This is what I've been thinking. Social media itself isn't actually toxic unlike what normies think. But rather it makes those negative thoughts that are already there a bit louder and louder. You already know how shit you are, you just don't like to be reminded of it.

• +1
Reactions: everythingisacope, Need2Ascend, RealSurgerymax and 1 other person
This is what I've been thinking. Social media itself isn't actually toxic unlike what normies think. But rather it makes those negative thoughts that are already there a bit louder and louder. You already know how shit you are, you just don't like to be reminded of it.

👏👏👏🙌

• +1
Reactions: Melo95
Best of best tier

• +1
Reactions: RealSurgerymax and Deleted member 10449
Losers often virtue signal to feel better by making statements like

"Societal expectations are so shallow :trepidation:"

"In the end it's what's on the inside that matters:forcedsmile:"

"Looks don't matter as much as personality"
"Money doesn't matter as much as friends and family"
"Status doesn't matter as much as character"

Things like a sense of love, belonging, connectedness, good family relationships, personality, character etc. do matter.

But anyone can improve these aspects of their life free and easy.

But don’t be fooled. Material success and appearance is what sets apart the elite who rule the world and the average & below average people who have always and will always be shit on and told it’s okay.

“When I was young I thought that money was the most important thing in life; now that I am old I know that it is.”
-Oscar Wild

And as for looks, 90% of people will bitch and moan about how it’s just shallow societal expectations that don't matter. But it’s not shallow - it’s human nature, and it couldn't matter more.

Often the losers of the world will cling to comforting copes like “People with material success are probably not even happy with themselves.” But they probably are. Some people have it ALL. They have the material success and the intangible accomplishments to go along with it. So don’t settle for any less. Don’t buy into the lie that you should be just as happy with nothing.

This modern Everyone-Is-A-Winner mentality is the TRUE surface-level societal convention. It is a lie and it is normalizing mediocrity which is why so many people have “untreatable depression.” Maybe it isn’t “chemical imbalances” maybe those negative thoughts that your life is shit have some truth to them. If your life is at rock-bottom I suppose you can go on some strong drugs to make you okay with that but a true resolution would be putting in the work to improve yourself.

This might sound like bad news if you werent naturally blessed with handsome looks or born into wealth. But intensive self-improvement is always possible.

So stop virtue signalling and making comforting excuses like the rest of mainstream society. Take control of your identity NOW. You CAN be one of the winners.

It’s never too late to start making changes.
Read every single word, will bookmark it to read it daily until every last sentence is burned in my brain

• +1
Most people avoid confronting themselves with the harsh truth and rather want to hear comforting lies, i see it over and over again. It requires high openess and accepting that you are shit, compared to where you want to be, to really make a change. Probably what we all here kind of have in common

• +1
Reactions: Tallooksmaxxer, RealSurgerymax, BigBoy and 1 other person
Most people avoid confronting themselves with the harsh truth and rather want to hear comforting lies, i see it over and over again. It requires high openess and accepting that you are shit, compared to where you want to be, to really make a change. Probably what we all here kind of have in common
There was a thread posted a while ago where users posted their big 5 personality test. And the two traits that users had in common were average to low agreeableness and average to high openness in experience.

• +1
Reactions: RealSurgerymax and Need2Ascend
Everything matters so may as well improve everything, but dont expect your life to become completely different only from improving looks. It just makes it easier to win, doesnt guarantee you win.

You shouuld also not fall into mental trap of onnly valuing yourself based on looks, because its an unrealistic aspie take on the world, and you will always be miserble not chaging this (Serious Body Dysmorphia has 20% suicide rate or something).

There will always be somebody who mogs you physically, and you will lose looks as you get older. You dont have to let that ruin your life (think Puutin gives af?)

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 11035, Deleted member 6512, Need2Ascend and 1 other person
Everything matters so may as well improve everything, but dont expect your life to become completely different only from improving looks. It just makes it easier to win, doesnt guarantee you win.

You shouuld also not fall into mental trap of onnly valuing yourself based on looks, because its an unrealistic aspie take on the world, and you will always be miserble not chaging this (Serious Body Dysmorphia has 20% suicide rate or something).

There will always be somebody who mogs you physically, and you will lose looks as you get older. You dont have to let that ruin your life (think Puutin gives af?)

Good point to bring up that even the best looking people will lose their looks eventually.

Yes life isn’t all about any one of these things. I agree with everything matters.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 4797
I dont agree. I believe that people are "born" winners, it takes so many factors for someone to suceed - and any little thing will ruin it in an instant.
Born ugly? Most likely wont ever have sucess with women.
Family not wealthy and connected? Most likely wont become a millionare.
Got bullied during formative years? Probably wont be socially fluent and extroverted.

Can some mentally abused dog who didnt have any friends or relationships during his entire life just "work on himself" and become a charismatic chad?
Can some trucel try his best and get surgery after surgery and become good looking?

If you look at sucessful people (whatever their sucess may be, social/economic..), they all were "created" by certain expriences - chad is confident because many girls liked him when he was young, chad is charismatic because he was socially active and not outcasted etc..
And was it his effort? No, he was simply cought in the current of events that were completly outside of his control. You can also be destroyed by events outside of your control - for example I made a mistake and went to school without any women in it - now I have 0 ability to interact with them, or a chad in the making can be falsely accused, and the mental scars will forever hinder him form being a chad mentally.

On the other hand, its impossible to know your potential, you just might be one of those outliers that make it.

Life is not a clear cut path, like learning programming, or going to the gym, where you can improve, and see linear progress whether youre poor, or a trucel. But even then, some people will be more talented and have better genetics...

People say that you need to find your strengths, but it's complelty possible to not have any, or to never find them.

bluepill bs in the beggining of the year, you will forget about that shit next week

• +1
Reactions: spark and Mongrelcel
I dont agree. I believe that people are "born" winners, it takes so many factors for someone to suceed - and any little thing will ruin it in an instant.
Born ugly? Most likely wont ever have sucess with women.
Family not wealthy and connected? Most likely wont become a millionare.
Got bullied during formative years? Probably wont be socially fluent and extroverted.

Can some mentally abused dog who didnt have any friends or relationships during his entire life just "work on himself" and become a charismatic chad?
Can some trucel try his best and get surgery after surgery and become good looking?

If you look at sucessful people (whatever their sucess may be, social/economic..), they all were "created" by certain expriences - chad is confident because many girls liked him when he was young, chad is charismatic because he was socially active and not outcasted etc..
And was it his effort? No, he was simply cought in the current of events that were completly outside of his control. You can also be destroyed by events outside of your control - for example I made a mistake and went to school without any women in it - now I have 0 ability to interact with them, or a chad in the making can be falsely accused, and the mental scars will forever hinder him form being a chad mentally.

On the other hand, its impossible to know your potential, you just might be one of those outliers that make it.

Life is not a clear cut path, like learning programming, or going to the gym, where you can improve, and see linear progress whether youre poor, or a trucel. But even then, some people will be more talented and have better genetics...

People say that you need to find your strengths, but it's complelty possible to not have any, or to never find them.
this might be true to some extent but by not trying you are already giving up in a sense that you already believe it's not going to happen for you, whereas trying and not succeding in itself "winning" in your case is.

I guess this is why the idea of the chad highschooler fucking up his life is popular ( Bill Dauterive from King of the Hill comes to my mind first) While a lot of chads have an amazing life after high school, a visible and sizable percentage end up as divorced overweight drug-addicted losers. It helps teach a lesson to all of us that even a chad can fuck up his life if he stopped paying attention to himself. So imagine what will happen to a normie like you if you stop paying attention to yourself and life.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: FrameMogger, Deleted member 11167 and Deleted member 4797