religious viewpont (dont follow religion to not go to hell, follow it because you trust in it)

Fractal Orion

Fractal Orion

Combative
i think religion is an explanation for people without science. the bible has hundreds of contradictions.
and other religions not eating specific foods is kinda ancient. there's no danger to said foods anymore.
the traditions are half useful and half timewasting, which is well, good and bad.

i still think it's important though.
religion roots you with a structure and something to look back on, with many past struggles and a moral ground. also just in general i was raised with all the sacraments and whatnot of christianity, so i just lean towards that. i 100% believe people like jesus are good rolemodels of how a man should be, and it gives you a perfection to strive towards.

a common quote is simply put that to believe in a religion is to give it value in your everyday life, or strength. it's true. humanity has won wars on hope and morale, crusades have been launched for, in delectably to some people good cause but in bloodlust execution, all over religion. (jesus is still a pacifist lol)

anyways religion can drive you to get up when you fall, and to give you a sense of holiness to carry with you that won't falter within darkness, allowing you to A) do the right thing and B) put down what's evil and/or challenging you right then and there, whether it requires a fight or debate.

there is an insane benefit and interest to be learned from mythology from norse and celtic beliefs. Many traditions unknowingly use proven scientific ways to cure or complete tasks in a humble and religious aspect, which is just cool.

also the culture is amazing, and people that are TRULY religious are goodhearted.
as the title states though, alota people follow religion to be in good standing or to avoid a hell. these are not true believers. i dont care about going to heaven or hell,
i care about doing good deeds.

on a side note, most religions tell of the same story.
many tell the same stories, of a great flood, and many have the same hierarchies or tie into eachother.

Greek vs Christian

Most powerful being - Zeus God (only god)

2nd in command i guess Lesser Gods Saints (theres still angels higher tho, but saints compare to demigods only in the sense they can do miracles)

angels remind me of christianities version of vaulkries

NOTE HOW THERES A GOD FOR EVERYTHING IN GREEK MYTHOS AND A SAINT FOR EVERYTHING IN CHRISTIANITY

also the birthplace for 3 of the major religions is the same spot.

i dont hate religion, for the record. dont know if this makes it sound like i do or not.

many people undertake pleasure in bad ways, harmful ways, in ways that hurt them, while smart people get their pleasures/kicks from the same sources, without all the trouble and ill-side effects from their actions. just be smart. i really wish i coulda worded this differently

but hey, as long as religion doesnt take away from you doing things everyday, then why is it a bad thing. just dont you discriminate on others for it.

also take lgbtq out of church pls
methodist is a joke

• +1
Reactions: future slavic chad
Did not read

Dnrd but the Bible does not have “hundreds of contradictions” if you name any I can guarantee that they have been debunked lol