[REMADE] Do you prefer East Asians or Mestiza Latinas? What is your ethnicity? (@cloUder GTFIH)

Do you prefer East Asians or Mestiza Latinas?

• Total voters
@Reckless Turtle I found the original source for the samples. Looks like a few of them are european admixed (would explain the extreme outliers) but the rest are pretty much pure native american.

Last edited:
Probably not lol. We have ample skeletal remains of pure native americans. That's what they'd use to determine recent intermixing.
Source? They'd have to be at least 500 years old.

@Reckless Turtle I found the original source for the samples. Looks like a few of them are european admixed (would explain the extreme outliers) but the rest are pretty much pure native american.

View attachment 2146045
It's a sample size of 938 (for all of the continents). Also, that's a very narrow group of American tribes.

I'm not seeing any definitive statements as to whether the European DNA in Americans can be strictly isolated to either recent admixture or shared ancestry before divergence.
Mixed ancestries inferred from genetic data can often be interpreted as arising from recent admixture among multiple founder populations. In the current setting, however, the estimated mixed ancestry can be due either to recent admixture or to shared ancestry before the divergence of two populations but without subsequent gene flow between them. For example, the European and Asian ancestries seen in Uygur and Hazara populations are likely due to relatively recent admixture, whereas the inferred Native American ancestry in Yakuts and Russians likely reflects shared ancestry before the predecessors of the Native Americans crossed the Bering Strait. The Middle Eastern populations may have experienced both continuous gene flow and shared ancestry with the rest of Eurasia.
These results, however, say nothing about the origin and distribution of human phenotypic variation. The observed population structure can be largely explained by random drift at neutral loci.

Last edited: