Replacing finasteride with RU58841, what will happen? (high IQ norwooders help)

NorwoodMilitant

NorwoodMilitant

Diamond
Since RU is just a different mechanism of action in protecting those hair follicles from androgens, will this mean they will not miniaturise after switching from finasteride to RU58841?

• +1
Reactions: eyearea
I would not take a risk. hair=life look at my awatar

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: CursedOne and Salience
I would not take a risk. hair=life look at my awatar
__opt__aboutcom__coeus__resources__content_migration__brides__proteus__5bc892f3a00a0f2ccc07788a__169-6e413aa9107b402898245db10dcd8d0f.jpeg

• JFL
  • +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Deleted member 22529, Deleted member 10987, Deleted member 3828 and 3 others
Since RU is just a different mechanism of action in protecting those hair follicles from androgens, will this mean they will not miniaturise after switching from finasteride to RU58841?
RU is better because and most likely less sides it will also restore more hair in theory since it is blocking out the effects of testostorone as well as DHT

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 14274
RU is better because and most likely less sides it will also restore more hair in theory since it is blocking out the effects of testostorone as well as DHT
so it's better cause it makes you more tranny?

How can you ignore the fact that low methylation of the AR gene in hair follicles is (to a large extent) why DHT can exert its negative effects on your hairline in the first place, when the evidence is clear? If you really want to nuke one of your most important androgens, at least consider covering that aspect as well

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1849
How can you ignore the fact that low methylation of the AR gene in hair follicles is (to a large extent) why DHT can exert its negative effects on your hairline in the first place, when the evidence is clear? If you really want to nuke one of your most important androgens, at least consider covering that aspect as well
Please explain further

RU is a little tedious in application and does not guarantee results as much as fin does. You have to keep it cool; apply it the right way; apply the right amount. You can't be sure that it is actually RU etc. This is coming from somebody that uses RU...

• +1
Reactions: LooksmaxxHopeful and eyearea
Legit. But DHT and T is still a problem with MPB. RU + SAMe, b vitamins etc. are good.

Any updates? How is the ru going

Don't replace it. Either add RU on top of Fin or don't use it. Ideally you need systemic DHT protection and a topical anti androgen but if you have to pick one go with Fin.

Don't replace it. Either add RU on top of Fin or don't use it. Ideally you need systemic DHT protection and a topical anti androgen but if you have to pick one go with Fin.
u use some dutasteride as well as fin or only fin?

u use some dutasteride as well as fin or only fin?
I'm blasting 500 test right now so I use Fin/RU/Min/Nizoral and have Dutasteride on hand if I need it. But 5ar inhibitor + topical anti androgen is the best strategy.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: RichardSpencel, Deleted member 6785 and alainchalamet
ok nice, I'm just not sure if I want to commit to minox yet as you kind of gotta keep using it forever right? Thinking of getting some dut as backup when starting trt

ok nice, I'm just not sure if I want to commit to minox yet as you kind of gotta keep using it forever right? Thinking of getting some dut as backup when starting trt
Yeah minox is a huge pain in the ass. Fin alone should be fine. You shouldn't need Dut on TRT doses. Dut only gives you more systemic DHT protection compared to Fin and you will be inhibiting DHT that isn't active on the scalp. RU is a MUCH better compound overall. Dut should just be a last resort IMO.

Yeah minox is a huge pain in the ass. Fin alone should be fine. You shouldn't need Dut on TRT doses. Dut only gives you more systemic DHT protection compared to Fin and you will be inhibiting DHT that isn't active on the scalp. RU is a MUCH better compound overall. Dut should just be a last resort IMO.
ok I'll stay with only fin for a while then. Will look into Ru if I ever do cycles of test I guess.

• +1
Yeah man since I wrote that reply I have been using both and had good results. Maybe after a few more years there'll be something that can replace fin without having lame side effects

• +1
I tried it, it 75-100mg/day maintained my hair but it didn't regrow anything. It perhaps underperformed compared to finasteride in my case, but it still works no doubt. Ideally one should be on both fin + ru, as i am right now.

• +1
Yeah man since I wrote that reply I have been using both and had good results. Maybe after a few more years there'll be something that can replace fin without having lame side effects
I tried it, it 75-100mg/day maintained my hair but it didn't regrow anything. It perhaps underperformed compared to finasteride in my case, but it still works no doubt. Ideally one should be on both fin + ru, as i am right now.
Can ru be mixed with minoxidill? And/or dermarollind scalp?

Ye, follow Moreplatesmoredates RU/Minoxidil Combination Solution guide. I'd advise to not use Kirkland though as it is greasy and will make your hair look and feel like shit. Use minoxidilmax No-PG, Fast Dry minox. I use that shit with the RU mixed in and it makes no difference to my hair so it's a godsend

• +1
Reactions: eduardkoopman
Yes, but apparently it doesn't dissolve well and it is greasy. So I just bought ethanol and propylene glycol since it is even cheaper than minoxidil. And we should wait a day after dermarolling before applying RU to avoid too much systemic absorption.

• +1
Reactions: Htrtt and eduardkoopman

Users who are viewing this thread

Back