(REPOST W/PICS) PCT in youth -> NCT now 21M. How/Why?

RandomPerson1893

RandomPerson1893

Iron

anyone else have this experience? I was decent looking as a kid and had symmetrical features with a slight positive canthal tilt, but now my tilt is negative and my left side is worse than my right.

From my school pics, it looks like this degrading started in middle school, reached a plateau, then i lost a lot of weight from 2020-now (like 100 pounds, used to be obese and a mouth breather) and the condition is a bit worse now.

For reference I did have Invisalign during the past few years so maybe that’s what is messing up my face. I have a slight jaw assymetry where my left jaw is lower slightly (probably the cause of the greater tilt in my left eye). But it started before it so idk.

Anyone have any experience with this? Since I wasn’t born NCT, is it possible to reverse it?

• So Sad
  • +1
Reactions: Chintuck22 and Deleted member 18879
1st pic: distorted selfie from a lower angle
2nd pic: professionally taken photo

come on seriously? sure the second was professional but there is a clear discrepancy despite it. No matter how good an angle i get, i will never look PCT.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 32410 and humanoidsub7
Droopy lower eyelids from bad macula I think

Wrong, still big difference

How can it be fixed? Any non-surgical options?
If surgery is needed, what would be the likely one to do?

canthoplasty

would u say that mewing and such are cope? I've mewed for a bit but only got visible jaw gains. Still, my maxilla has a good deal of potential raising/forwarding. Given that my left jaw hangs down lower than my right, what would be a good orthodontic solution to fix that assymetry (to at least fix assymetry problems in the NCT)?

would u say that mewing and such are cope? I've mewed for a bit but only got visible jaw gains. Still, my maxilla has a good deal of potential raising/forwarding. Given that my left jaw hangs down lower than my right, what would be a good orthodontic solution to fix that assymetry (to at least fix assymetry problems in the NCT)?
Research on here, I don't know enough

why would putting the tongue on the roof of your mouth change the tilt of your eye

• +1
Reactions: cancercell
you'd have to change the orbitals shape/position so no, even a lefort 3 would likely have no effect on canthal tilt

why would putting the tongue on the roof of your mouth change the tilt of your eye
i have a downgrown maxilla, so mewing would raise it and separate the maxilla at the suture line more which would push the forward and out, which would push up the outer sides of the eye.

• JFL
Reactions: cancercell and Deleted member 40761

anyone else have this experience? I was decent looking as a kid and had symmetrical features with a slight positive canthal tilt, but now my tilt is negative and my left side is worse than my right.

From my school pics, it looks like this degrading started in middle school, reached a plateau, then i lost a lot of weight from 2020-now (like 100 pounds, used to be obese and a mouth breather) and the condition is a bit worse now.

For reference I did have Invisalign during the past few years so maybe that’s what is messing up my face. I have a slight jaw assymetry where my left jaw is lower slightly (probably the cause of the greater tilt in my left eye). But it started before it so idk.

Anyone have any experience with this? Since I wasn’t born NCT, is it possible to reverse it?

fucking hell what happened to your maxilla, mine was worse than you at 6 but it didn’t change thought all of these years. does any of your parents have the same eye area?

fucking hell what happened to your maxilla, mine was worse than you at 6 but it didn’t change thought all of these years. does any of your parents have the same eye area?
Relatively sure that it was due to me being a obese kid and mouthbreathing especially at night. I've only recently stopped mouthbreathing (using tape and good tongue posture) for like 1/2 a month. Gains of course take time, but idk if its gonna help. At least its good for my health.

My mom does have slightly downturned eyes, but they were always downturned for her (even as a kid), so mine appear to be similar to hers now (but when i was a kid, my eyes were more like my dads). Maybe genetics is also at play, but its a massive change so i'm very surprised by it.

Relatively sure that it was due to me being a obese kid and mouthbreathing especially at night. I've only recently stopped mouthbreathing (using tape and good tongue posture) for like 1/2 a month. Gains of course take time, but idk if its gonna help. At least its good for my health.

My mom does have slightly downturned eyes, but they were always downturned for her (even as a kid), so mine appear to be similar to hers now (but when i was a kid, my eyes were more like my dads). Maybe genetics is also at play, but its a massive change so i'm very surprised by it.
maybe you were always meant to have them. i wouldn’t worry about it that much pct is not required

@tents @Whatashame is this downgrowth?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 18879
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 31155
yes

same thing happened to me except my pct was more extreme as a kid
fucking brutal. is it possible for him to get a high cut lefort 1 or is it rare?

• +1
Reactions: ungewist and Deleted member 18879
fucking brutal. is it possible for him to get a high cut lefort 1 or is it rare?
is possible. if eye is his only problem should look into canthoplasty and infras

ur eyelids become more prominent as u age

yes

same thing happened to me except my pct was more extreme as a kid
Did you go through a period of being fat and/or a mouth breather? And did you ever have any orthodontic treatment done? Just tryna see if we share any similarities

i have a downgrown maxilla, so mewing would raise it and separate the maxilla at the suture line more which would push the forward and out, which would push up the outer sides of the eye.
Holy cope

nobody is born with nct mate.
@tents @Whatashame is this downgrowth?
yeah

You already know the answer man, the cause of it was the mouth breathing. I guess the pic angle is making a little bit more drastic but still theres a significant difference. Only surgery, mewing will do nothing at 21.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 31155

I would say your zygos (cheekbones) recessed which would affect outer orbital support.
Honestly alot of people can pull off having a slightly negative tilt if you max out everything else but if you wanna get rid of it then I'd say what you can do is:
mewing.world thumb pulling course their course is leaked on this website somewhere
Might aswell try some face yoga stuff for it if you're serious (not sure if it works)

Keep doing what youre doing in the mean time with the mouth tape and mewing + posture stuff

Angles shitskin