retainers after orthodontics can fuck your face

Julian

Julian

Kraken
so basicly what happened is that I SOMEHOW lost mine and Im not paying $300 again to make a new shitty one, my last one broke already. somehow lost it in my sleep. I'm not wearing it for almost 2 weeks now, teeth havent really moved but I've noticed far more forward growth.

Conclusion: don't keep wearing that shit if you don't wanna fuck up your forward growth

Thats not really a scietific experiment...

• JFL
Reactions: Eduardo DOV
I had braces when I was a teenager and have both a permanent retainer on my bottom front teeth as well as a removable retainer for my upper teeth. Should I stop wearing the removable upper retainer? Are my teeth likely to get crooked?

Makes virtually zero difference. You’ll be recessed + crooked teeth without a retainer.

You should already be forward grown by the time you get a retainer considering 90% of overall forward growth is completed by like 13 or something.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 3043, Effortless and Eduardo DOV
LOL if you didnt get prepubescent braces .

Prepubescent braces can make you much better look than you wouldve been naturally.

After puberty double jaw or nothing :rage:

• +1
Reactions: cardiologist and Chadelite
Makes virtually zero difference. You’ll be recessed + crooked teeth without a retainer.

You should already be forward grown by the time you get a retainer considering 90% of overall forward growth is completed by like 13 or something.

So if I had braces from ages 16 (technically a month prior to turning 16 but whatever) through 19, there's a chance that it didn't fuck my shit up?

Just trying to figure out if my maxilla is shitty because of braces and/or retainer, or if I should just be blaming my parents for passing down subhuman genetics.

So if I had braces from ages 16 (technically a month prior to turning 16 but whatever) through 19, there's a chance that it didn't fuck my shit up?

Just trying to figure out if my maxilla is shitty because of braces and/or retainer, or if I should just be blaming my parents for passing down subhuman genetics.
Genetics + mouthbreathing + oral posture

• +1
Reactions: SurgerySoon
Genetics + mouthbreathing + oral posture

So I wouldn't be able to get LF1 without also getting BSSO, right (unless I want to look stupid as hell)?

I know it's not the ideal solution, but if I just want to simulate the effect of having a more forward-grown maxilla, should I just get paranasal/premaxillary implants if it's not really feasible to do something extreme like double jaw surgery?

someone needs to warn tom cruise on this

@KEy21 what's your opinion on getting paranasal and/or premaxillary implants to camouflage the appearance of mild maxillary recession?

@KEy21 what's your opinion on getting paranasal and/or premaxillary implants to camouflage the appearance of mild maxillary recession?
Those implants are really icing on the cake type implants. Get it if money isn't an issue

• +1
Those are what I need most at this point probably

But it really only slightly changes you overall...a decent change to your side profile and virtually no change to your front..

So not really worth it if your goal is to slay..

But worth it if you have an obsession with aesthetics
So I wouldn't be able to get LF1 without also getting BSSO, right (unless I want to look stupid as hell)?

I know it's not the ideal solution, but if I just want to simulate the effect of having a more forward-grown maxilla, should I just get paranasal/premaxillary implants if it's not really feasible to do something extreme like double jaw surgery?
With implants you don’t move the teeth so it’s not as aesthetically pleasing...

The forward grown mouth area is extremely attractive and found in pretty much all prettyboys and girls with angel skulls brutal pill but true

Last edited:
  • +1
Those are what I need most at this point probably

But it really only slightly changes you overall...a decent change to your side profile and virtually no change to your front..

So not really worth it if your goal is to slay..

But worth it if you have an obsession with aesthetics

With implants you don’t move the teeth so it’s not as aesthetically pleasing...

The forward grown mouth area is extremely attractive and found in pretty much all prettyboys and girls with angel skulls brutal pill but true

@KEy21 Is the forward-grown mouth area what causes the natural "kissy lips" that pretty boys tend to have? Like where they kind of protrude forward?

If so, wouldn't a premaxillary implant imitate this look at least somewhat since it would push the upper lip forward some (I'm assuming)?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back