Retin A 0.025 vs 0.05

T

TheRealSlimShady

Iron
I dont have acne, I always had relative good skin. Im using 0.025 retin a and i see improvement.
Is it worth to start using 0.05? Will i have better result or it will just make my skin more sensitive?

• +1
Reactions: shalomnigga
I dont have acne, I always had relative good skin. Im using 0.025 retin a and i see improvement.
Is it worth to start using 0.05? Will i have better result or it will just make my skin more sensitive?
depends on how long you been on it, if skin stable and no irritation at all and see leeway for improvement,nt, start by switching alternate days / every third day with .05 etc , then progress that way. gl

depends on how long you been on it, if skin stable and no irritation at all and see leeway for improvement,nt, start by switching alternate days / every third day with .05 etc , then progress that way. gl
Does .1 have improvements over .05? For acne and collagen production?

Does .1 have improvements over .05? For acne and collagen production?
im nit sure about that but collagen probably (talking out of ass from reading a lot ) but might need miconeedling for absorption, but if you're asking for acne in your avi, how old is the acne? how long you've been retinized (Differin / retina a)?

im nit sure about that but collagen probably (talking out of ass from reading a lot ) but might need miconeedling for absorption, but if you're asking for acne in your avi, how old is the acne? how long you've been retinized (Differin / retina a)?
I get acne daily and since I was 15 years old. I used differin before with zero results for 3-4 months. On top of this I just came off accutane and I still get acne. I am currently waiting for my retin A to ship in the mail.

• So Sad
Reactions: AsGoodAsItGets
I get acne daily and since I was 15 years old. I used differin before with zero results for 3-4 months. On top of this I just came off accutane and I still get acne. I am currently waiting for my retin A to ship in the mail.
oh that sucks bro, I'm not versed with pubertal acne. but in any case tldr of acne / skincare

1. cell turnover increase - retinization (progression sequence> Differin to retina a (in low to high strengths) to tazarotene , always the best product is the highest strength you can tolerate with mild peeling which washes off in morning and not visible through day but no irritation)

2. oil / bad stuff - bacteria / pore clogging whatever science shit (since step 1 doesn't kill already formed / underlying acne and only prevents clogged pores and resulting acne, you get acne upto 3 months on any product in step 1 during increased cell turnover, ). you need drying agents. I used clindamycin 1% gel + benzoyl peroxide 5% gel in 1:1 ratio in the mornings. But I only got my acne in control successfully after adding a [washing face and application of this mixture ] again in the afternoon. this after reading this vintage book by Kenneth flandermeyer md that someone posted here. jfl at not thinking to increase treatment frequency tbh low iq

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1332
oh that sucks bro, I'm not versed with pubertal acne. but in any case tldr of acne / skincare

1. cell turnover increase - retinization (progression sequence> Differin to retina a (in low to high strengths) to tazarotene , always the best product is the highest strength you can tolerate with mild peeling which washes off in morning and not visible through day but no irritation)

2. oil / bad stuff - bacteria / pore clogging whatever science shit (since step 1 doesn't kill already formed / underlying acne and only prevents clogged pores and resulting acne, you get acne upto 3 months on any product in step 1 during increased cell turnover, ). you need drying agents. I used clindamycin 1% gel + benzoyl peroxide 5% gel in 1:1 ratio in the mornings. But I only got my acne in control successfully after adding a [washing face and application of this mixture ] again in the afternoon. this after reading this vintage book by Kenneth flandermeyer md that someone posted here. jfl at not thinking to increase treatment frequency tbh low iq
What the fuck high IQ please elaborate I’ve never heard of these chemicals you are mentioning. So tazarotene is even stronger than retin A? Is it prescription only?

And clindamycin where did you get that? If I add retin A and work my way up as well as add benzoyl you think I will see improvement?

Went to my dermatologist like 2 years ago and he prescribed tretinoin 0.025 and clindamycin 1%. Shit was expensive but worked well. Just had my dad write me a prescription for the generic tubes of each one of them now it literally $10 for a tube of each jfl.

What the fuck high IQ please elaborate I’ve never heard of these chemicals you are mentioning. So tazarotene is even stronger than retin A? Is it prescription only?

And clindamycin where did you get that? If I add retin A and work my way up as well as add benzoyl you think I will see improvement?
Yeah tazarotene is stronger and is prescribed to people who do not respond to retina A. I wouldn't worry about it until you've progressed from retina 0.025 upto at least 0.05 where your skin is completely stable on it. I would even go as far as micro needling on retin A and getting those benefits before moving to tazarotene.

I just returned to India from EU and here we get any and all pharms just over the counter. its the wild wild east tbhngljfl. reason I wanted to help you was I was probably 2-3 years on pustule acne mode add to that sun damage and didn't give a shit due to low inhib / being zen - non attachment to physical realm (good shit for mental health and creative work but can be sorta delusionalcelled) and was trying all the cope natural shit, diet etc. even on the cleanest leanest keto, I had acne fml. the worst is scarring and the earlier you kill that acne, the more collagen and laser / subcision treatment pain / cost you'll save. also you have no idea how bad the scarring will affect your cheek bone light reflection uniformity, instead of a smooth curve, it'll be a jagged edge fml lmao

Retin A is basically prevention. It won't kill existing acne atleast not to a great extent. It will however help though through exfoliation and opening up. but you might also experience some purging on retina a where the acne under your skin (you can sorta massage your skin and feel the bumps kinda but it goes as far as those pores that are just getting clogged due to bad skin quality) gets to the top faster than it would normally (might have formed upto 4 weeks earlier before surfacing) and it seems like you have more acne than earlier when in fact its the acne that would've come up spread in time during the next few weeks coming up together in a week . so stay on it while fighting active acne from the top (step 2, if this still leaves you with acne, increase step 2 frequency)

btw, I use clindac A Gel 1% (galderma) and Benzac AC 5% Gel (again galderma - its the gold standard around the world, must be available in the us)

a normie milf derm you must check out is sam bunting. she has good videos on application instructions and science on this shit dialed down properly along with realistic expectations considering 3-6-9 month intervals.

thanks for coming to my ched talk

Yeah tazarotene is stronger and is prescribed to people who do not respond to retina A. I wouldn't worry about it until you've progressed from retina 0.025 upto at least 0.05 where your skin is completely stable on it. I would even go as far as micro needling on retin A and getting those benefits before moving to tazarotene.

I just returned to India from EU and here we get any and all pharms just over the counter. its the wild wild east tbhngljfl. reason I wanted to help you was I was probably 2-3 years on pustule acne mode add to that sun damage and didn't give a shit due to low inhib / being zen - non attachment to physical realm (good shit for mental health and creative work but can be sorta delusionalcelled) and was trying all the cope natural shit, diet etc. even on the cleanest leanest keto, I had acne fml. the worst is scarring and the earlier you kill that acne, the more collagen and laser / subcision treatment pain / cost you'll save. also you have no idea how bad the scarring will affect your cheek bone light reflection uniformity, instead of a smooth curve, it'll be a jagged edge fml lmao

Retin A is basically prevention. It won't kill existing acne atleast not to a great extent. It will however help though through exfoliation and opening up. but you might also experience some purging on retina a where the acne under your skin (you can sorta massage your skin and feel the bumps kinda but it goes as far as those pores that are just getting clogged due to bad skin quality) gets to the top faster than it would normally (might have formed upto 4 weeks earlier before surfacing) and it seems like you have more acne than earlier when in fact its the acne that would've come up spread in time during the next few weeks coming up together in a week . so stay on it while fighting active acne from the top (step 2, if this still leaves you with acne, increase step 2 frequency)

btw, I use clindac A Gel 1% (galderma) and Benzac AC 5% Gel (again galderma - its the gold standard around the world, must be available in the us)

a normie milf derm you must check out is sam bunting. she has good videos on application instructions and science on this shit dialed down properly along with realistic expectations considering 3-6-9 month intervals.

thanks for coming to my ched talk
Interesting. So you are saying it’s entirely possible that I don’t even respond to retin A? Fuck man that’s so subhuman acne is horrible

• JFL
Interesting. So you are saying it’s entirely possible that I don’t even respond to retin A? Fuck man that’s so subhuman acne is horrible
no, that's not possible tbh. i meant "those who no longer respond to retin A due to sensitization", but it may be possible. Haven't heard cases like that though (im not a doc but the doc i mentioned said she has not seen many cases like that too, but i do believe tazarotene will be the best for collagen routine later on for me after i've reaped the benefits of retin A - ive also read another user here mention an advnced collagen routine with taz and microneedling ) and yours don't look that bad even tho many in number which suck too tbh (pustulish comedones with triple heads are probably the worst). what strength did you order? because you said you didn't respond at all to differin (also possible you did respond if you kinda got "glassy skin", better "luminance", but you didnt realise it and didnt sit through the purge period of 4 weeks minimum to 3 months max)

no, that's not possible tbh. i meant "those who no longer respond to retin A due to sensitization", but it may be possible. Haven't heard cases like that though (im not a doc but the doc i mentioned said she has not seen many cases like that too, but i do believe tazarotene will be the best for collagen routine later on for me after i've reaped the benefits of retin A - ive also read another user here mention an advnced collagen routine with taz and microneedling ) and yours don't look that bad even tho many in number which suck too tbh (pustulish comedones with triple heads are probably the worst). what strength did you order? because you said you didn't respond at all to differin (also possible you did respond if you kinda got "glassy skin", better "luminance", but you didnt realise it and didnt sit through the purge period of 4 weeks minimum to 3 months max)
I used differin twice and I remember getting really dry skin off it. I used it for almost 4 months steady because I had such bad acne I was willing to be dedicated. It didn’t work for me. I ordered one tube of .25 and one tube of .05 and one tube of .1 from expressPCT. I don’t even know if they shipped yet I ordered like 3 days ago.

Heard there is little-no improvement, there is little bad sides anyways once you are used to 0,025% so i would do the higher one (if cheaper). I even tried 0,1% and everything was just the same for me, been using tret for months though.

• +1
Reactions: Soalian
Heard there is little-no improvement, there is little bad sides anyways once you are used to 0,025% so i would do the higher one (if cheaper). I even tried 0,1% and everything was just the same for me, been using tret for months though.
Ok, so using every Retin-A strength for months each, you saw no differences in skin quality, from changes to product strength/concentration, is that right?

Question: Can't I just buy 0.05, dilute it 50-50 with moisturizer, the as I get used to it simply use it without the dilution?

i just followed you; i had acne since forever on my face shoulders arms and legs; and i only ever experienced temporary stops ; ive never heard of tretinoin before a couple months ago, im waiting for alldaychemist to ship it now; my shit doctors always prescribed shit products, like accutane, benzoyl peroxide, salycilic acid, and other pills which i cant remember; nothing ever worked ; i cant imagine what my skin will look like when i start roiding :ROFLMAO:; need to start fukin reading lookism for acne again FML; keep us posted please

i just followed you; i had acne since forever on my face shoulders arms and legs; and i only ever experienced temporary stops ; ive never heard of tretinoin before a couple months ago, im waiting for alldaychemist to ship it now; my shit doctors always prescribed shit products, like accutane, benzoyl peroxide, salycilic acid, and other pills which i cant remember; nothing ever worked ; i cant imagine what my skin will look like when i start roiding :ROFLMAO:; need to start fukin reading lookism for acne again FML; keep us posted please
Dude it’s fucked accutane worked for me but I can’t take that shit forever it’s supposed to be a permanent solution but it gave me hairloss so I had to stop. I’m currently using tretinoin but I have no idea if it’s going to work for me. Fuck. I as well have been on everything from differin to benzoyl peroxide to SA to minoxycline and doxycycline antibiotics.

Little to no improvement from upgrading strengths you say or little to no improvement from retin A on acne?

Ok, so using every Retin-A strength for months each, you saw no differences in skin quality, from changes to product strength/concentration, is that right?
It has been said before on Reddit that you can reach the results of the higher concentrations with the lower ones just over time with extended use. No idea if it’s true.

Start with 0.025% twice a day and lowdosemax

• +1
Reactions: oldcelloser
your avi is exactly how i feel everyday now, since i cant stick to a routine and nothing seems to work as far as softmaxxing :lul:

• JFL