Retin-A & Vitamin C Serum for Acne Scars

Archangel

Archangel

Iron
Hey all,

So I just got a Tret 0.025% gel and plan to use it every night. Anyone has good experience with this product for Acne scarring?

I also plan to use Vitamin C serum in the morning. Would that be a good idea? How do you guys incorporate Vit C serum with Retin-A on your skincare routine?

I'll use laser treatment for acne scars tbh

CO2 laser. I will get rid of some scars, but not all.

Retina for acne scars , yes. Vitamin c is mostly for hyper pigmentation. The vitamin c benefits are purely anecdotal. It's the last active ingredient dermatologist will prescribe. Also you should only be starting one active ingredient at a time. You should wait at the very least one moth before you introduce a new active ingredient into your routine. Anyway you don't want to do anything to detriment the efficacy of Retin a.

• +1
Reactions: Archangel
AHAs/BHAs, microneedling, and hydroquinone

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 534
Adapalene 0.3% + Derminator 2 for a year and I doubt you would have any scars left unless you have fucking mooncrater tier face.

I'd recommend you start identifying what type of acne scarring you have - is it post inflammatory erythema, post inflammatory pigmentation, ice pick scarring, atrophic scarring, etc. Different types of scarring need different treatment.

What do your acne scars look like? Are they indented? Or is it just a red mark that still persists, even though the acne cyst has healed?

I dont have acne scars but I use both vitamin c and retin a for anti aging purposes
You can use vitamin c in the morning and retin a in evening but NEVER together.

also if u just starting retin a don’t do it everyday lol, take it easy like 1-2 times per week, then 3 times per Week etc

• +1
Reactions: middayshowers