Retinoids and vit c help (jfl if ur not skinmaxxing)

CaptainCalicoe

CaptainCalicoe

Iron
So currently my skin routine is
AM
  • Cleanse (Cerave Hydrating Cleanser)
  • Moisturise (Cerave Moisturising Lotion)
  • Sunscreen (La Roche-Posay Anthelios Ultra-Light Invisible Fluid Sun Cream)

PM
  • Cleanse (Cerave Hydrating Cleanser)
  • Spot Treatment (Benzoyl Peroxide)
  • Moisturise (Cerave Moisturising Lotion)
  • Chemical Mask (The Ordinary AHA BHA 1x Week)

Im looking to add a form of vitamin c treatment in the morning and retinoid at night (but just a consumer product because my parents wont let me buy retinA off the internet). If you couldnt tell already im a fan or cerave and to an extent The Ordinary, so for my retinoid ill probably go The Ordinary Retinol product, haven't decided which one. (Granactive Retinoid vs Retinol in Squalane)? Any ideas

As for vitamin C, id prefer a waterbased one to reduce photosensitivity in the mornings, so The Ordinary vitamin C suspension is a no go as id have to use it in the evening cos its kinda gritty.

• +1
Reactions: JawGuyFatFaceGuy and MiroslavBulldosex
Doesn't that sunscreen look like shit?

Doesn't that sunscreen look like shit?
Nah, its super light, almost no white cast, just put two thin layers and its good, remember to spread it on your face evenly and leave it, dont rub it in, its supposed to sit on top of your face like a literal physical barrier.

• +1
Reactions: mewcoper
are you going out in the sun? if not, wouldn't sunscreen be unnecessary. as for your questions, im not so sure, i think someone more informed should answer.

are you going out in the sun? if not, wouldn't sunscreen be unnecessary. as for your questions, im not so sure, i think someone more informed should answer.
yh ofc i only wear sunscreen if im going out, which is basically everyday because of school

I started tret pretty recently myself and have been using The Ordinary's Vit C suspension plus their HA moisturiser in the morning after.

I agree with you - the combination is way too slimy. way too photosensitive and gives me a 'just survived an acid attack look".

I also would like to move to a water based vit c serum and a much lighter moisturiser but not sure what to go for.

Currently considering Melano CC (Which i've used previously) but i can't remember if its water based or not and therefore cant tell whether good for layering.

yh ofc i only wear sunscreen if im going out, which is basically everyday because of school
All good dermatologists i've met have said that you should wear sunscreen even if indoors - tret basically makes your skin super sensitive to light rays or some shit and even the tiny bit that gets into your home through the windows is enough to counter all positive effects of tret (i.e. why so many people get dark spots after tret).

• +1
Reactions: minotaur and CaptainCalicoe
All good dermatologists i've met have said that you should wear sunscreen even if indoors - tret basically makes your skin super sensitive to light rays or some shit and even the tiny bit that gets into your home through the windows is enough to counter all positive effects of tret (i.e. why so many people get dark spots after tret).
Oh damn dude I had no idea, thank you, i'll make sure to do that

on tret 0.05% rn, vampiremaxxing, absolutely no light in my room other than the light from my monitors.

Dude , could you tell me what does vitamin C helps for? I don't know for sure

reduces hyperpigmentation, boosts the efficacy of SPF products, stimulates collagen production and protects against environmental damage.
Dude , could you tell me what does vitamin C helps for? I don't know for sure

• +1
Reactions: Deepraj7