Rhinoplastycels, how has your breathing been after compared to before?

infini

infini

Time is not on my side.
Honestly, worse. Planning to do 2nd rhino- turbinate reduction and nasal tip rotation for better breathing. If you are planning to do rhino just for aesthetic reasons, be careful not to ruin your breathing (not everyone will have worse breathing, some people might see improvements). Procedures such as alar base reduction will make it worse.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: WanderingBurro, humanoidsub7, Whatashame and 1 other person
Honestly, worse. Planning to do 2nd rhino- turbinate reduction and nasal tip rotation for better breathing. If you are planning to do rhino just for aesthetic reasons, be careful not to ruin your breathing (not everyone will have worse breathing, some people might see improvements). Procedures such as alar base reduction will make it worse.
this is something that is not talked about but its an intuitive cosequence

• +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: WanderingBurro, callisto, infini and 1 other person
Sorry to hear that but thanks also for the indepth honesty.
this is something that is not talked about but its an intuitive cosequence
sad but likely true. Don't know if this has any avoidance whatsoever when going for it. A sympathetic doctor maybe?

Always found your avi interesting.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Interested
Don't know if this has any avoidance whatsoever when going for it. A sympathetic doctor maybe?
ENT doctor who also specializes in plastic surgery is your best bet.

• Hmm...
Reactions: infini
ENT doctor who also specializes in plastic surgery is your best bet.
Your first reply made me look into alar base which correct me if I'm wrong is about having equal distribution of the nostrils? Mine aren't and are potentially crooked due to surviving so many punches, kicks and stomps to the head.

Your first reply made me look into alar base which correct me if I'm wrong is about having equal distribution of the nostrils? Mine aren't and are potentially crooked due to surviving so many punches, kicks and stomps to the head.
Alar base reduction surgery makes your nostrils smaller, thereby making your nose tip narrower.

Your case might be septum deviation. If your septum deviation is severe due to trauma injury, it can make your nose crooked and nostrils uneven. In that case you would need a Septoplasty (note that you might also need to straighten nose by breaking it and setting it straight if your nose bridge is very crooked, that would be called a Rhinoseptoplasty, but that wont be entirely covered by your healthcare).

Have an ENT doctor check your septum, say you cant breathe. If you live in a country with free healthcare, then the cost for the surgery will be covered.

• Woah
Alar base reduction surgery makes your nostrils smaller, thereby making your nose tip narrower.

Your case might be septum deviation. If your septum deviation is severe due to trauma injury, it can make your nose crooked and nostrils uneven. In that case you would need a Septoplasty (note that you might also need to straighten nose by breaking it and setting it straight if your nose bridge is very crooked, that would be called a Rhinoseptoplasty, but that wont be entirely covered by your healthcare).

Have an ENT doctor check your septum, say you cant breathe. If you live in a country with free healthcare, then the cost for the surgery will be covered.
I take it this was your path.

• +1
  • Hmm...
Septo-rhinoplasty yeah, looks improved but breathing worsened. Still worth it imo
Hmm then I'm not sure then. But by all means, if seeing an ENT doctor is around but these days private surgeons are on the ball easier than basic, mainstream GP's naturally. Thank you for the insight regardless.

• +1