RHINOSEPTOPLASTY ADVICE

Alyaxx

Alyaxx

Bronze
Joined
Oct 2, 2026
Posts
343
Reputation
152
hi. I’m 18m and I’m planning a rhinoseptoplasty.

It counts as a revision cuz last time I only did septoplasty but it got crooked again, and now I breathe a lil better but still bad from the left nostril .

This time I want to also do rhino, cuz I really think the issue is how my nasal bones are set (they are crooked), influencing how the septum position itself.

WHAT NOSE WOULD FIT ME BEST?

I was thinking about a conservative rhino, as it’s not that much fucked (*).

What I’m asking is: do I need a smaller bridge, smaller tip, tip projection…(etc.)?


Front:

IMG 3381



Left 3/4 ~:


IMG 3327


Side:

IMG 2670



(*) The problem comes with Right 3/4, that’s the main reason I’m doing the rhino:

IMG 3492



This is the worst pic that I genuinely have in my gallery lol (prolly for lense distortion).

It’s not that bad irl (trusted people say it’s a big flaw but doesn’t turn me down to the point that it ruins my whole face (no it’s not cope, I’m simply telling the truth and they weren’t lying)).


It’s a huge failo either way so I want to fix it.

IM NOT ASKING FOR A RATE.

THANKS IF YOU READ ALL OF THIS, I WOULD BE GRATEFUL IF YOU GAVE ME SOME GOOD ADVICES 🫶
 
Last edited:
this is a morph I did of my side.
bridge+tip projection were changed
 

Attachments

  • IMG_2671.jpeg
    IMG_2671.jpeg
    690 KB · Views: 0
Waste of money imo. The problem is your recessed maxilla
 
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Alyaxx
Waste of money imo. The problem is your recessed maxilla

and now I breathe a lil better but still bad from the left nostril

Breathing issues is why I’d do it. The nose bridge is crooked, maxilla wouldn’t change anything, it would still be crooked.
Maxilla isn’t recessed
 
Last edited:
Breathing issues is the problem. nose bridge is crooked maxilla wouldn’t change anything, it would still be crooked.
Maxilla isn’t recessed
Infras are. Recessed infras doesn’t mean bad maxilla.
My maxilla isn’t projected but not even recessed
 
Breathing issues is why I’d do it. The nose bridge is crooked, maxilla wouldn’t change anything, it would still be crooked.
Maxilla isn’t recessed

I disagree with the guy, who said it's a waste of money, BUT saying that advancing + possibly expanding your maxilla won't improve your breathing is cope
 
I disagree with the guy, who said it's a waste of money, BUT saying that advancing + possibly expanding your maxilla won't improve your breathing is cope
No no I didn’t say that ofc. I said that the issue is that my septum is literally flared to the side, so no amount of maxillary advancement will straighten it
 
  • +1
Reactions: Hardmaxx.aze
No no I didn’t say that ofc. I said that the issue is that my septum is literally flared to the side, so no amount of maxillary advancement will straighten it
Ah, got it. Btw I genuinely advice you to get MARPE + headgear (22+ hours a day). Would improve breathing and aesthetics, by making the maxilla match your lower third, which is above average
 
  • +1
Reactions: Alyaxx
Ah, got it. Btw I genuinely advice you to get MARPE + headgear (22+ hours a day). Would improve breathing and aesthetics, by making the maxilla match your lower third, which is above average
will look into it thx u man. With Marpe do you need braces too? Apart from those small hooks you put into the front teeth and of course the device u put in the palate.

I looked quite a long ago but never got deep into it.
 
  • +1
Reactions: Hardmaxx.aze
will look into it thx u man. With Marpe do you need braces too? Apart from those small hooks you put into the front teeth and of course the device u put in the palate.

I looked quite a long ago but never got deep into it.
Yes, you do need braces, but the timeline depends on your original teeth/bite relationship. For some it may take 9-12 months, for others, like myself close to 18 months before getting trimax (asymmetry case) and 6-9 months after.
 
  • +1
Reactions: Alyaxx
Yes, you do need braces, but the timeline depends on your original teeth/bite relationship. For some it may take 9-12 months, for others, like myself close to 18 months before getting trimax (asymmetry case) and 6-9 months after.
I was looking for Lefort 1 and bimax. I even got counseling to fix my TMJ. Problem is not my maxilla but my long ass lower third.

Maxilla is actually fine (orthognatically speaking). My procedure if done (I would still wait to mature completely as I’m 18) would prolly only advance the premaxilla and focused more on a mandibular osteotomy, wich would probably descend me.

That was only visual assessment by the doc and ofc I’ll have to do a lateral x-ray. I’m actually kinda scared to do it as I don’t look that bad, but MARPE looks like a good medium
 

Similar threads

W
Replies
0
Views
38
WeMightAscendNgl
W
W
Replies
3
Views
58
Public Enemy
Public Enemy
russianmtbslayer500
Replies
0
Views
22
russianmtbslayer500
russianmtbslayer500
greybutlearning
Replies
6
Views
154
Hardmaxx.aze
H

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top