Road To HTN: Declaring War On Myself - Pre Ascension Thread

DarkAscender

DarkAscender

game of bones
PRE ASCENSION THREAD: Road to HTN

(Thread is proably very cringe, but please read it. I had to write it all over from scratch :feelswah:)

Yep, you read that right..
I’m officially declaring war on myself.

I’m done with feeling ugly, weak, and insecure. No more excuses.

There’s this thread where I got rated around a high MTN, and someone even called me out for claiming I was low HTN. :incel: @BrutalMogger you were right.

But here’s the thing.. that pic was taken two years ago. I don't look that way anymore. I’ve tried snapping new pics, but I couldn’t bring myself to post them. It hurts to admit I look worse now than I did back then...

d0b09f86fd992f3d77dd046a4e39a761.gif

But you know what? I’m not staying stuck down here. I’m done with this miserable position. I’m gonna do whatever it takes to climb back up, reach a place where I’m happy with myself, and get that confidence I’ve been missing. This is my dream, and I’ll chase it by any means necessary.

(W if you get this reference)

So, what’s the plan to ascend?

Glad you want to know. You don't? Well, too bad. I’m telling you anyway :feelshaha:

Here’s a quick rundown of the stuff I’m going to focusing on. Ranked by what I need most to get myself back on track and even further beyond. Gotta be Two. Steps. Ahead

vegeta.gif

ASCENSION PLAN

Step 1:
Working on getting my eyebrows lower set, thicker, straighter and less feminine, and fixing my under-eye area. Plus, I definitely need to start getting more sleep.
My eyebrows are too arched and thin, making me look way too feminine. Tried minoxidil, but the bloating was just too much. So for now, I’m coping with castor oil. Might give minox another shot, applying it in the mornings and just dealing with the initial bloat. Basically, the goal is to get my brows straighter and lower-set. My under eyes? Trash. I’m probably gonna grab some volufiline to help out there. Probably best to get some more sleep aswell, because I get around 6 hrs right now or even less sometimes..

Step 2: Aiming to cut down to 10-11% body fat while building muscle to give myself a good base for a lean bulk.
I’m close to being as lean as I was two years ago in that pic. Right now, sitting at around 12-13% body fat, aiming to hit 10-11%. I'm not going on a super low calorie deficit since I’m already kinda lean and want to build some muscle and strength. I can’t stay this skinny forever. It sucks because I’ve got decent , and seeing myself like this? It hurts. Even my friends have pointed out how much muscle I’ve lost. I used to be 82kg with a decent physique (face was bloated though), but now... it’s just sad.

Step 3: Setting up a routine to stay lean and prevent bloating, which should sharpen my jawline and make my features pop more.
Time to get my routine in check so I’m never bloated again. Getting leaner will help, but I also need to manage my diet. Even a little bloat might help in certain areas, but I still have some hyoid fat making my jaw look rounder. Gonna work on getting better hollows too 'cause right now, they only show in specific lighting. I want to get my bones to pop in all lighting.

Step 4: Focusing on building up my arms and frame through natural lifting for now, but I might consider other options if the results aren’t enough for me.
I’ve got a solid frame, but as soon as I take off my jacket, my arms look ridiculously small. I’m sticking with natty lifting for now, but if it doesn’t get me the results I want, I might consider taking some stuff. We’ll see.

Step 5: Basically spamming neck exercises hard to add some thickness and improve the overall look of my face.
Nope, not putting a rope around my neck just yet..Just making it wider. @PROMETHEUS you're right, my neck is embarrassingly thin... Gonna spam neck exercises until I get some width. A thicker neck should improve my lower third and my overall face.

Step 6: Switching up my hairstyle to something fresher that’ll help my hair grow faster, with plans to try box braids next and maybe dreads later.​

I’ve had the same taper fade afro cut for years, and it’s time for a change. Some of you guys have mentioned it too. I’m thinking of switching it up to something fresh that’ll also help my hair grow faster. Something like the picture shown below.

(free him :feelshaha:)

I’ll probably try box braids next.​

Might go for dreads in the future, but I’m not sure, they just give off a low-class vibe to me.

Step 7: Growing a goatee to hide my weak chin, dressing better, and going for a more confident, thuggish vibe to step up my appeal.​
Yeah no, I'm not gonna go around like this nigga shown below, but..​

I’m definitely stepping up my appeal. First off, growing a goatee to hide my weak chin until I can get genioplasty. Might add an eyebrow slit once they’re thick enough. Also, planning to dress better and adopt more of a "thuggish" vibe. I live in the suburbs, so I can pull it off without much effort. Plus, I’m upgrading my fragrance game, dressing game and switching up my earrings.​

FINAL STEP: Starting with braces to fix my overbite (not considered as surgery but still) in the future I’m planning on maybe getting genio to improve my side profile and rhino to improve my nose width from the front.
Gonna work on my inner light, haha. I'm Starting with braces to fix my overbite, and in the future I’m planning on maybe getting genio to improve my side profile and rhino to improve my nose width from the front.

Braces are up first. technically not surgery, but still, I’ve got a slight overbite and some crooked teeth that mess up with my smile. Might get genioplasty to fix my chin and improve my side profile. Might consider a rhinoplasty down the line too.

Now it's time to make it happen 🙏

If you read all the way to the end, I just wanna hug you.. come here :owo:

And if you skipped all the way down then F- (still love u bhai)

I'm going to make an update on this thread sometime soon when I'm finished.

8d114241-9f6e-4773-9b7a-eb155f36d902

Stay safe guys
I'm out.

Last edited:
  • +1
  • JFL
  • Love it
Reactions: greywind, 5.5psl, finn899 and 13 others
will read rn brb

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: PROMETHEUS, TechnoBoss and DarkAscender
. So for now, I’m coping with castor oil. Might give minox another shot
try oral if topical doesn’t work when u try it again
Time to get my routine in check so I’m never bloated again. Getting leaner will help, but I also need to manage my diet. Even a little bloat might help in certain areas, but I still have some hyoid fat making my jaw look rounder. Gonna work on getting better hollows too 'cause right now, they only show in specific lighting. I want to get my bones to pop in all lighting.
don’t do furosemide my electrolytes are still fucked a month later
thicker neck should improve my lower third and my overall face.
no “should”, it will

Might go for dreads in the future, but I’m not sure, they just give off a low-class vibe to me.

yeah i wouldn’t, u look too high class for a black guy to rock it. box braids are ur best option imo

Might get genioplasty to fix my chin and improve my side profile. Might consider a rhinoplasty down the line too.
don’t

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: greywind, aber, PROMETHEUS and 1 other person
Nice bhai

• +1
Reactions: PROMETHEUS and DarkAscender
wheres the pic of u

• +1
Reactions: aber and DarkAscender
By a goatee you mean only a moustache and chin hair right? Also are you using bb cream and furosemide?

• +1
Reactions: DarkAscender
You forgot the skin part

• +1
Thread should pop up if u click on “this”.
After seeing that definitely get dreads and start Minox 2x a day. Also idk what ur on about with Minox bloat but ok. Ur eyebrows are cucked and dreads would definitely suit you. I would also suggest for you to smilemaxx as hard as possible. A good WHITE straight smile is a huge halo for black men because of the contrast, so work on getting your smile as nice and white as possible.
IMG 1597

• +1
By a goatee you mean only a moustache and chin hair right?
yeah just a moustache and some chin hair gonna see how it looks on me tho cuz I can’t rlly grow good facial hair rn

Also are you using bb cream and furosemide?
Haven’t tried bb cream yet, but I will thx for the rec. Nope never tried furosemide and prob won’t ever.

yeah just a moustache and some chin hair gonna see how it looks on me tho cuz I can’t rlly grow good facial hair rn

Haven’t tried bb cream yet, but I will thx for the rec. Nope never tried furosemide and prob won’t ever.
Why won’t you try furosemide? It can be a healthmaxx at low doses

• +1
You forgot the skin part
If you're talking about skincare, yeah I forgot to add it in :feelskek:
Gonna do some basic stuff, to make my face smoother looking. BB cream is added to the shopping cart

• +1
Reactions: Litekiller11
start Minox 2x a day.
Yeah I'm gonna take it in orally, pause:lul: gonna see how it goes! My eyebrows are a decent shape now, not nearly as arched like before. But still not thick enough.

so work on getting your smile as nice and white as possible.
View attachment 3171927
Truee, was looking for some places to whiten my teeth, a dentist told me my teeth were some of the whites looking they've seen. But yeah can always be better.

Mirin the effort will read later

• Love it
Minox
Wdym by minox bloat?

Did you get bloated in the past from sodium or a million other possible factors & mistakenly attributed it to minox?

Yes you need a goatee for chin projection. A stache and goatee are also necessary since rn your face looks way too BARE!

But based on your hair type I suspect you may find it hard to maintain a goatee due to bumps from daily clean shaving. You’ll therefore need a goatee along with the lightest stubble to prevent the bumps, meaning you’ll need to embrace minox since you’ll need it for stubble growth too.

This facial hair set will fix your perkiness

Neck
You need to spam neck curls daily. I do 500x

Lie on your bed on your back with your head hanging off the bed

Do 50x chin to chest & all the way back

Then 50x chin to each shoulders

That’s 1 set

Do that for 5 sets with no rest in between. Everyday

After a week your neck will be thick & pumped all the time and all you need to do is maintain

Your next will lose its size again if you stop for a few days since the benefits you’ll see in the short term will be from the pump not from the growth

It won’t be till like a year later until the size is from the growth and not pump

Hair
I think dreds look dirty & low class. Afro fade is the equivalent of ‘hair is law’ for white guys. I’d personally keep it

Vibe
Your biggest risk factor is how feminine I imagine you act IRL. I may be wrong but the fact that you mentioned BB cream worries me

You never mentioned anything about voice in your manifesto but I assume you sound soft spoken, have thin voice or are overly articulate :forcedsmile:

Here’s what I mean about vibe.. secretly you need to do all these LooksMaxxin activities you just described, but you should never let it be a variable in your IRL social strategy

You need to put 100% effort into your LooksMaxx, but 100% of your social strategy has to be on non-looksmax factors like game and personality

The looksmaxx is just there in the background and you’re not actively playing it as a hand

Does that make sense

This is a VERY important concept that’s hard for me to explain, so I would just say watch this video since it explains it perfectly.

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: NorwoodAscender and DarkAscender
Fucking greycel! Those rats are everywhere

State of this forum @NorwoodAscender

IMG 7768

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: DarkAscender and NorwoodAscender
  • +1
Reactions: greywind, StarvedEpi, DarkAscender and 2 others
View attachment 3171654
(Thread is proably very cringe, but please read it. I had to write it all over from scratch :feelswah:)

There’s this thread where I got rated around a high MTN, and someone even called me out for claiming I was low HTN. :incel: @BrutalMogger you were right.

But here’s the thing.. that pic was taken two years ago. I don't look that way anymore. I’ve tried snapping new pics, but I couldn’t bring myself to post them. It hurts to admit I look worse now than I did back then...

But you know what? I’m not staying stuck down here. I’m done with this miserable position. I’m gonna do whatever it takes to climb back up, reach a place where I’m happy with myself, and get that confidence I’ve been missing. This is my dream, and I’ll chase it by any means necessary.

View attachment 3171638

Glad you want to know. You don't? Well, too bad. I’m telling you anyway :feelshaha:

Here’s a quick rundown of the stuff I’m going to focusing on. Ranked by what I need most to get myself back on track and even further beyond. Gotta be Two. Steps. Ahead

vegeta.gif

ASCENSION PLAN

Step 1:
Working on getting my eyebrows lower set, thicker, straighter and less feminine, and fixing my under-eye area. Plus, I definitely need to start getting more sleep.
My eyebrows are too arched and thin, making me look way too feminine. Tried minoxidil, but the bloating was just too much. So for now, I’m coping with castor oil. Might give minox another shot, applying it in the mornings and just dealing with the initial bloat. Basically, the goal is to get my brows straighter and lower-set. My under eyes? Trash. I’m probably gonna grab some volufiline to help out there. Probably best to get some more sleep aswell, because I get around 6 hrs right now or even less sometimes..

Step 2: Aiming to cut down to 10-11% body fat while building muscle to give myself a good base for a lean bulk.
I’m close to being as lean as I was two years ago in that pic. Right now, sitting at around 12-13% body fat, aiming to hit 10-11%. I'm not going on a super low calorie deficit since I’m already kinda lean and want to build some muscle and strength. I can’t stay this skinny forever. It sucks because I’ve got decent , and seeing myself like this? It hurts. Even my friends have pointed out how much muscle I’ve lost. I used to be 82kg with a decent physique (face was bloated though), but now... it’s just sad.

Step 3: Setting up a routine to stay lean and prevent bloating, which should sharpen my jawline and make my features pop more.

Step 4: Focusing on building up my arms and frame through natural lifting for now, but I might consider other options if the results aren’t enough for me.
I’ve got a solid frame, but as soon as I take off my jacket, my arms look ridiculously small. I’m sticking with natty lifting for now, but if it doesn’t get me the results I want, I might consider taking some stuff. We’ll see.

Step 5: Basically spamming neck exercises hard to add some thickness and improve the overall look of my face.
Nope, not putting a rope around my neck just yet..Just making it wider. @PROMETHEUS you're right, my neck is embarrassingly thin... Gonna spam neck exercises until I get some width. A thicker neck should improve my lower third and my overall face.

Step 6: Switching up my hairstyle to something fresher that’ll help my hair grow faster, with plans to try box braids next and maybe dreads later.​

I’ve had the same taper fade afro cut for years, and it’s time for a change. Some of you guys have mentioned it too. I’m thinking of switching it up to something fresh that’ll also help my hair grow faster. Something like the picture shown below.

View attachment 3171679

View attachment 3171681

Step 7: Growing a goatee to hide my weak chin, dressing better, and going for a more confident, thuggish vibe to step up my appeal.​

View attachment 3171683

I’m definitely stepping up my appeal. First off, growing a goatee to hide my weak chin until I can get genioplasty. Might add an eyebrow slit once they’re thick enough. Also, planning to dress better and adopt more of a "thuggish" vibe. I live in the suburbs, so I can pull it off without much effort. Plus, I’m upgrading my fragrance game, dressing game and switching up my earrings.​

FINAL STEP: Starting with braces to fix my overbite (not considered as surgery but still) in the future I’m planning on maybe getting genio to improve my side profile and rhino to improve my nose width from the front.
Gonna work on my inner light, haha. I'm Starting with braces to fix my overbite, and in the future I’m planning on maybe getting genio to improve my side profile and rhino to improve my nose width from the front.

Braces are up first. technically not surgery, but still, I’ve got a slight overbite and some crooked teeth that mess up with my smile. Might get genioplasty to fix my chin and improve my side profile. Might consider a rhinoplasty down the line too.

Stay safe guys
I'm out.
how big is your overbite? you know how braces achieve bite correction? braces can only retract so in order to correct an overbite your ortho is just going to retract your maxilla to match your mandible.

• +1
Wdym by minox bloat?
Did you get bloated in the past from sodium or a million other possible factors & mistakenly attributed it to minox?
Yeah I realise now I was quite dumb when I tried minox. I applied it just before bed and thats why I had some facial swelling. Might also just be sodium bloat dunno.

I think dreds look dirty & low class. Afro fade is the equivalent of ‘hair is law’ for white guys. I’d personally keep it
Honestly yeah I might just keep what I got rn, but I’ve gotta try some other hairstyles just to see how it looks.

Your biggest risk factor is how feminine I imagine you act IRL. I may be wrong but the fact that you mentioned BB cream worries me
Hmm I’ve never had ppl tell me that I acted feminine. Ay I gotta do what I gotta do man, I’m just trying some things here. I’m not gonna wear full on makeup.. :forcedsmile:

You never mentioned anything about voice in your manifesto but I assume you sound soft spoken, have thin voice or are overly articulate :forcedsmile:
I actually have a quite a deep voice. I can make my voice quite high or low. Some days my voice gets a bit higher tho so I should prob stop doing that.

Does that make sense
Yeah I agree man sometimes it gets quite hard to hide my non nt self and I slip up some things. Like this one time when I told a friend that I watch anime :lul:

This is a VERY important concept that’s hard for me to explain, so I would just say watch this video since it explains it perfectly.
gonna watch it rn thanks for the tips, really appreciate it! 🙏

• +1
Reactions: PROMETHEUS
brutal... dont recognize a single name here other than u. half the people here on the forum now dont even reply or rep jfl
Well my overbite isn’t really noticeable unless you would really stare for a while at my smile from the side. But yeah I’m gonna prob need braces bcs some of my teeth are quite crooked now compared to 2 years ago.

Last edited:
View attachment 3171654

View attachment 3171638

vegeta.gif

ASCENSION PLAN

Step 1:

View attachment 3171679

View attachment 3171681

View attachment 3171683

Stay safe guys
I'm out.
Bro lean is law gymmaxxing ascended me more than anything else. Do a lean bulk and eat Whole Foods with little sodium and cut out sugar that shit is evil. Good food won’t bloat you anywhere near as shitty junk food will. Rooting for your ascension LFG

• Love it
View attachment 3171654

View attachment 3171638

vegeta.gif

ASCENSION PLAN

Step 1:

View attachment 3171679

View attachment 3171681

View attachment 3171683

Stay safe guys
I'm out.
Reminds me of taxi driver

• JFL