Routine + nutrition recommendation

A🇳🇦🇰🇮🇳

A🇳🇦🇰🇮🇳

I find your lack of faith disturbing.
Joined
Sep 25, 2024
Posts
3,163
Reputation
1,818
Hi everyone. I’m a 21-year-old guy, 1.74 m tall (5'8.5") and weigh 73-76 kg. I started going to the gym around 2022 and stopped around the summer of 2024. Over the past two years, I’ve been doing some calisthenics, though very casually.

Both during my final months of calisthenics and during this past month since returning to the gym, I’ve been following a Dorian Yates-style philosophy: high intensity, low volume, and pushing to true muscle failure (no mental failure or relying on drop sets). I rest 2 to 3 minutes between heavy sets.

Goal and Approach
I’m aiming for a purely aesthetic physique (improving my shoulder-to-waist ratio to balance my frame). I’m not looking to gain overall mass, but rather to tone and maintain my strong points while prioritizing my weak points:
• Strong points: Back width, chest, and arms.
• Weak points: Back thickness and shoulders (specifically side and rear delts).
• Note: I don’t train legs by personal choice / for my own reasons.

Currently, I’m trying out slightly higher volume within this split. Here is the workout routine I created for myself:

Weekly Routine

Monday (Shoulders / Triceps):
• Machine shoulder press: 2 x 6-10
• Seated machine lateral raises: 3 x 12-15
• Triceps dips: 1 x 8-12
• Cable rope triceps extensions: 2 x 8-12

Tuesday (Back / Rear Delts / Biceps):
• Seated machine row (pronated grip): 3 x 6-10
• Cable row (close neutral grip): 3 x 6-10
• Machine rear delt flyes (pronated grip): 3 x 12-15
• Machine preacher curls: 3 x 8-10
• Dumbbell shrugs: 1 x 12-15

Thursday (Shoulder Focus):
• Seated machine lateral raises: 3 x 12-15
• Machine rear delt flyes (pronated grip): 2 x 12-15
• Machine shoulder press: 1 x 6-10
• Dumbbell front raises: 1 x 10-12

Friday (Back / Chest):
• Seated machine row (pronated grip): 3 x 6-10
• Cable row (close neutral grip): 3 x 6-10
• Wide-grip lat pulldown: 2 x 8-10
• Incline dumbbell press: 3 x 10-12
• Machine chest flyes: 2 x 12-15

Questions I Have:
1. Weak points & volume: Given that I want to emphasize back thickness and shoulders, how does the split and set distribution look to you?
2. Nutrition: My plan is to stay in a slight caloric deficit to recomposition/lose fat. What macronutrient distribution (and micronutrient tips) do you recommend to preserve muscle mass while keeping up Heavy Duty training intensity?
 

Attachments

  • WhatsApp Image 2026-09-28 at 10.09.50.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2026-09-28 at 10.09.50.jpeg
    122.4 KB · Views: 0
  • WhatsApp Image 2026-09-28 at 10.10.27.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2026-09-28 at 10.10.27.jpeg
    134 KB · Views: 0
  • WhatsApp Image 2026-09-28 at 10.10.38.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2026-09-28 at 10.10.38.jpeg
    169.8 KB · Views: 0

Similar threads

A🇳🇦🇰🇮🇳
Replies
0
Views
22
A🇳🇦🇰🇮🇳
A🇳🇦🇰🇮🇳
Pg13
Replies
2
Views
22
rxcessed
rxcessed
i<3cats
Replies
19
Views
124
bubbyy
bubbyy
real_rxz
Replies
2
Views
59
real_rxz
real_rxz
by2ky
Replies
1
Views
41
iblameasymto
iblameasymto

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top