Russia's Supreme Court labels LGBT community as "extremist"; all forms of LGBT rights advocacy are criminalized, effective immediately

ranierean

ranierean

D-9999

Russia’s Supreme Court on Thursday designated the so-called “international LGBT public movement” as a banned “extremist” organization, setting the stage for a sweeping crackdown on LGBT rights not seen in the country since the Soviet era.

The most liberal interpretation of the “extremist” designation could allow authorities to prosecute anyone who has associated with LGBT lifestyles or symbols in public. Individuals face a maximum of six years in prison if convicted of involvement in an “extremist” organization.

LGBT rights have gradually eroded in the decade since President Vladimir Putin signed a law banning LGBT “propaganda” toward minors in 2013. Beyond imposing an 18+ label on LGBT-related content, some rights activists say it led to an increase in suicides among LGBT youth.
Anti-LGBT violence in Russia has doubled since the 2013 law was passed, according to a 2017 study by sociologist Alexander Kondakov. Because Russian courts rarely mention whether a crime is related to LGBT discrimination, the real number could be much higher.
Last November, Russia expanded that law to encompass “LGBT propaganda” aimed at any age. And in July 2023, the country banned gender reassignment.

Over for @HerpDerpson @flippasav @Napoleon de Geso

• +1
  • JFL
  • Love it
Reactions: KingCartierrr23, Tabula Rasa, HerpDerpson and 2 others
W Russia

• +1
  • JFL
  • Love it
Reactions: KingCartierrr23, 5'7 zoomer and Deleted member 51465
Over for retards

• JFL
Reactions: Milosz
While I sad for gays, but I no gay, and this not my problem. Still is lame move from Russia, because they should do it against really harmful and evil Western extremist movement what is feminism

Very good, gays should be persecuted everywhere

• +1
Reactions: Daqirius
Over for @
HerpDerpson
@HerpDerpson
Some rat on this forum will send the posts about me kissing a tranny to the KGB.

• JFL
  • So Sad
Reactions: Tabula Rasa, Mr. President and ranierean
based who likes faggots anyways its disgusting

• Love it
Reactions: KingCartierrr23
based. attempting to normalize and encourage aberrant sexual behavior and mental disorders among the youth should be punishable by death.

• +1
Reactions: KingCartierrr23 and klip11
based. attempting to normalize and encourage aberrant sexual behavior and mental disorders among the youth should be punishable by death.
Do you want to punish priests and homophobes by death?

Just a stunt.

Based mother Russia