Satisfaction Warranty for Cheek, Chin, and Jaw Implants?

Jade

Jade

Banned
I am never getting my implants without a satisfaction guarantee warranty from the manufacturer or the doctor.

First of all, if you're going to be mean, please don't add any comments. Some of you can be really cruel, and that's not cool.

If I don't like the way I look or if I am not happy with the effect my implants give me a year or so after the surgery, I should be able to replace the implants at zero cost. We have satisfaction guarantees for everything these days, and implants should be no different.

We don't even get to design the implants entirely, yet we have to pay for what they do to us. If I don't design my implants along with the doctor or whoever for as long as it takes, I am not doing it.

Also, I will not do silicone anymore. Literally, last week, I spoke with a Maxillofacial surgeon, and he flat out told me that he believes silicone implants ought to be illegal.

I went from talking to expensive plastic surgeons to moderate Maxillofacial surgeons who do this daily. Nothing against plastic surgeons, but they are doing boobs and a lot of superficial stuff regularly.

I transitioned to maxillofacial surgeons because they are literally working with bone structures every day. Now, if my plastic surgeon offers me the same services, I see no problem going to them. The problem I see is that plastic surgeons use basic silicone implants mostly, and unfortunately, that doesn't do it for me anymore.

• +1
  • Ugh..
Reactions: ChristianChad, Deleted member 19896, Cardiologyscribe and 1 other person
We have satisfaction guarantees for everything these days, and implants should be no different.
It is not true in plastic surgery. You usually have to pay for revisions, unless they fucked you up so badly, that you need to be in a car accident ward :Comfy:

E.g. I was told that i have to pay 1500 for ptosis repair but in 1 out of 15 patients, the under/over correction happens. It means, I would need to cut it twice. But I would have to pay it myself. Though at a lower price than the initial surgery. :Comfy:

• +1
Reactions: ChristianChad, Deleted member 18840 and Jade
It is not true in plastic surgery. You usually have to pay for revisions, unless they fucked you up so badly, that you need to be in a car accident ward :Comfy:

E.g. I was told that i have to pay 1500 for ptosis repair but in 1 out of 15 patients, the under/over correction happens. It means, I would need to cut it twice. But I would have to pay it myself. Though at a lower price than the initial surgery. :Comfy:
For sure, the doctor should take on the costs if something bad happens to you. Sorry you are going through that.

However, I am referring to looks, likes, and dislikes. If they do a "good job," but I don't like the way I look, I don't want to pay for the implants again to replace them.

• JFL
Reactions: AlexBrown84
Actually, this is one of the MAIN reasons, one should always go with fillers first, before the implants. You do not really want to reinstall this shit, cutting yourself open once again, and repaying huge sums of money :feelsrope:

For sure, the doctor should take on the costs if something bad happens to you. Sorry you are going through that.
I haven't done it yet, only in planning. It was just discussed with me during the consultation (y)
However, I am referring to looks, likes, and dislikes. If they do a "good job," but I don't like the way I look, I don't want to pay for the implants again to replace them.
Yeah, it belongs to the same category i guess. You will not get compensation for any surgery.

For example, in rhinoplasty, they will not do a revision free of charge, unless the surgeon will himself not say: "i find this unsatisfactory". And he needs to botch you pretty bad in order to consider the revision free of charge. Sth like a bone-hump he forgot to shave off.

Again, if you just "don't like" your new look, no plastic surgeon in the world would probably do a revision free of charge. :feelsrope:

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Jade
Actually, this is one of the MAIN reasons, one should always go with fillers first, before the implants. You do not really want to reinstall this shit, cutting yourself open once again, and repaying huge sums of money :feelsrope:
Do you think if you only need a minor amount of filler that you can stay with it for a lifetime / longer time?
Im not the right person for implants I think.

Do you think if you only need a minor amount of filler that you can stay with it for a lifetime / longer time?
Of course. You will redo it from time to time.

But if the amount of projection is small, then fillers are way superior to implants. There is simply no benefit of implants except if you don't want to redo them each year.

Also, bone erosion. With years, you lose bone density UNDER the implant. It means, the implant would sink in. With fillers you would just add quantity. But with the implants, you would have to take them out from the eroded bone, and install new ones. :feelsrope:

PS. Bone erosion is non-related to implants themselves, but to the ageing process. So, probably need replacement every 10-20 years.

• +1
Reactions: ChristianChad

Why docs say i don’t have ptosis while i have eyelid assymetry ? Can u tell?

Why docs say i don’t have ptosis while i have eyelid assymetry ? Can u tell?
I have no idea man, I am not an ophtalmologist.

But for "Ptosis" there must be a specific condition why your eyelid is lower than the other. In most cases, this has to do with the innervation of the eyelid-pulling muscle. Rarely, with tumour or sth of that caliber.

NOT EVERY EYELID ASYMMETRY is ptosis. You might have just been born with the eyelid asymmetry OR EYE ASYMMETRY. Then your diagnosis would be called "pseudoptosis" - there is no issue with your eyelid, but it just seems you have ptosis due to e.g. your eye bulb higher than the other (y)

Another issue, what you call "eyelid" might actually be your BROW. If your brows fall low enough (this is why all hunter eyes age like shit), they obstruct your vision, and look like "ptosis", even though it is a completely different aetiology, sth like acquired asian monolid due to ageing, and requires a brow lift. :feelsokman:

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: ChristianChad and Deleted member 18840
I have no idea man, I am not an ophtalmologist.

But for "Ptosis" there must be a specific condition why your eyelid is lower than the other. In most cases, this has to do with the innervation of the eyelid-pulling muscle. Rarely, with tumour or sth of that caliber.

NOT EVERY EYELID ASYMMETRY is ptosis. You might have just been born with the eyelid asymmetry OR EYE ASYMMETRY. Then your diagnosis would be called "pseudoptosis" - there is no issue with your eyelid, but it just seems you have ptosis due to e.g. your eye bulb higher than the other (y)
Ok i didnt told it to you to see if you know its exactly this.
Got told i have pseudo ptosis like virtually everybody.
That medical ptosis is linked to the iris obstruction and that i don’t have it.

Since i want to fix only one eyelid, botox seems useless because they told me they have to inject both eyelids and if they do i will look caveman cuz my right eye is perfect eyelid wise.

Consulted with the best filler surgeon she said my eyelid/ the fat is too soft to inject and it will not be sustainable in that area.

Not gonna do faT graft soon until im sure its safe so thats all i can do

Of course. You will redo it from time to time.

But if the amount of projection is small, then fillers are way superior to implants. There is simply no benefit of implants except if you don't want to redo them each year.

Also, bone erosion. With years, you lose bone density UNDER the implant. It means, the implant would sink in. With fillers you would just add quantity. But with the implants, you would have to take them out from the eroded bone, and install new ones. :feelsrope:

PS. Bone erosion is non-related to implants themselves, but to the ageing process. So, probably need replacement every 10-20 years.
With how many ML do you think should I stay with filler?
I also have the feeling that fillers can look sharper, especially in the cheek region, is that true?

Ok i didnt told it to you to see if you know its exactly this.
Got told i have pseudo ptosis like virtually everybody.
That medical ptosis is linked to the iris obstruction and that i don’t have it.

Since i want to fix only one eyelid, botox seems useless because they told me they have to inject both eyelids and if they do i will look caveman cuz my right eye is perfect eyelid wise.

Consulted with the best filler surgeon she said my eyelid/ the fat is too soft to inject and it will not be sustainable in that area.

Not gonna do faT graft soon until im sure its safe so thats all i can do
Yeah, it is hard to find a surgeon who would correct a mild ptosis. I went to the first guy, and he is literally considered one of the best plastic surgeons in finland. He said: "i am not cutting it". I have 2.5 mm of ptosis on the irght eye. It is considered "mild".

So he sent me to another ophtalmologist-surgeon. She is going to fix it apparently.

You probably need to look not for plastic surgeon but for OPHTALMOLOGIST-SURGEON. Sth like Taban in your own country.

If the doc does not specialize in eyes, they will not do mild ptosis, nor they will do other interesting surgeries, like canthoplasty (i was offered to have this too to correct eyelid retraction of 1mm) (y)

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: ChristianChad and Deleted member 18840
With how many ML do you think should I stay with filler?
I'd say max 6-8 ml per whole face. If you need more, go for implants.
I also have the feeling that fillers can look sharper, especially in the cheek region, is that true?
My chin looks sharp as fuck after i fixed its asymmetry with Volux.

Cheeks don't but I did not modify "sharpness", i needed to fix the negative orbital vector. If i do 1 more ml in cheeks, i might ask some sharpness there, it can be molded any shape you want really. Within reason of course.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: xanny
I see what you are saying; however, your analogy or suggestion isn't entirely accurate.

Fillers will give you a certain look (it can be a nice look, of course), but how would you reproduce that look with implants?

Fillers are NOT necessarily a cheaper alternative to implants.

Your suggestion would make good sense ONLY if you compare temporary fillers to permanent fillers. And even at that, you have NO control over the amount, directions, or behavior of the fillers. Your body will act differently every time.

I am not against fillers, but I don't believe you can use fillers as a pre example for implants. Yes, you could have an educated idea with fillers, but I can do that with special-effect makeup too.

I recommend that everyone does this instead of fillers. Special-effect makeup

I do not mean free surgery; I mean free implants.

I do like the way you think.

• +1
There is NO bone erosion when you have the correct implants. Never use silicone.

Fillers are not necessarily cheaper than implants.

I feel you need to understand what works best for your look first and then think about any measurements. Thinking of Millimeters here or there could get you in trouble. You need to think about balance, harmony, and your likes and dislikes more than measurements.

Why pay thousands on fillers, find a special-effects makeup person and do what you want without fillers. Or buy the silicone makeup yourself and play with your look!

• +1
I am never getting my implants without a satisfaction guarantee warranty from the manufacturer or the doctor.

First of all, if you're going to be mean, please don't add any comments. Some of you can be really cruel, and that's not cool.

If I don't like the way I look or if I am not happy with the effect my implants give me a year or so after the surgery, I should be able to replace the implants at zero cost. We have satisfaction guarantees for everything these days, and implants should be no different.

We don't even get to design the implants entirely, yet we have to pay for what they do to us. If I don't design my implants along with the doctor or whoever for as long as it takes, I am not doing it.

Also, I will not do silicone anymore. Literally, last week, I spoke with a Maxillofacial surgeon, and he flat out told me that he believes silicone implants ought to be illegal.

I went from talking to expensive plastic surgeons to moderate Maxillofacial surgeons who do this daily. Nothing against plastic surgeons, but they are doing boobs and a lot of superficial stuff regularly.

I transitioned to maxillofacial surgeons because they are literally working with bone structures every day. Now, if my plastic surgeon offers me the same services, I see no problem going to them. The problem I see is that plastic surgeons use basic silicone implants mostly, and unfortunately, that doesn't do it for me anymore.
Fuck you idiot. Your entitled mentality is why plastic surgeons agree today less and less.

To get surgery and try to ascend means YOU take that risk for YOURSELF - NO ONE ELSE.

YOU DONT LIKE IT?!?!?! ROT THEN!!!!!!!!!

• +1
Fuck you idiot. Your entitled mentality is why plastic surgeons agree today less and less.

To get surgery and try to ascend means YOU take that risk for YOURSELF - NO ONE ELSE.

YOU DONT LIKE IT?!?!?! ROT THEN!!!!!!!!!
I didn't know you could swear on this forum. You shouldn't do it anyway. It doesn't look good on you.

Did you get implants, and now you have convinced yourself that it was all your fault?

I used to feel the same way as you until I got mine with satisfaction guaranteed. It is not your fault you don't like your results, and you shouldn't be so hard on yourself- the professionals should have given you more alternatives.

My original post merely intends to point out a problem. That was my mentality before, and I wrote it so that you don't make the mistakes I made in the past.

• +1
Fuck off foid

are you retarded?
Sillicone is the most used implant material for face
People using it since decades and while there might be slightly higher chance of infection and more risk of bone resob its still one of the best/if not the best material especially for jaw augmentation

• +1
Reactions: Wallenberg
are you retarded?
Sillicone is the most used implant material for face
People using it since decades and while there might be slightly higher chance of infection and more risk of bone resob its still one of the best/if not the best material especially for jaw augmentation
Horses and carriages were the most popular means of transportation too. Intelligent people evolve.
I am not saying silicone itself is bad, but for this particular application, it causes issues. Go ahead and do silicone yourself - it's fine.

Horses and carriages were the most popular means of transportation too. Intelligent people evolve.
I am not saying silicone itself is bad, but for this particular application, it causes issues. Go ahead and do silicone yourself - it's fine.
tell me which issues it causes

Bone Erosion, "pockets" or loose skin inside the flesh that is extremely difficult to heal.

Any implant can displace and cause an array of complications, but you cannot screw silicone correctly. If you sleep on it wrong or get hit, you will tear the silicone if screwed with titanium screws.

I know this from experience too.

Why the aggressive attitude?

Do you have implants? Maybe you're going to be ok and that's great.

• +1
Reactions: Silver
If your brows fall low enough (this is why all hunter eyes age like shit)
Can you elab, sir? You mean they drop so low it causes negative hooding?

Bone Erosion, "pockets" or loose skin inside the flesh that is extremely difficult to heal.

Any implant can displace and cause an array of complications, but you cannot screw silicone correctly. If you sleep on it wrong or get hit, you will tear the silicone if screwed with titanium screws.

I know this from experience too.

Why the aggressive attitude?

Do you have implants? Maybe you're going to be ok and that's great.
yes i have peek

but i am gonna have sillicone for jaw since my surgeon told me peek is not possible for jaw

how about medpoor(non porous)

yes i have peek

but i am gonna have sillicone for jaw since my surgeon told me peek is not possible for jaw

how about medpoor(non porous)
But I am sure you have seen plenty of non-silicone jaw and chin implants, right?

Maxillofacial surgeons have been doing this for many, many years with titanium and PMMA. In addition to these materials, they use Polyethylene, PEEK, or Fiber-reinforced composite–bioactive glasses.

However, polyethylene and PEEK seem to be the most useful for no-mechanical implants, in my opinion.

I think that's a surgeon thing.

But I am sure you have seen plenty of non-silicone jaw and chin implants, right?

Maxillofacial surgeons have been doing this for many, many years with titanium and PMMA. In addition to these materials, they use Polyethylene, PEEK, or Fiber-reinforced composite–bioactive glasses.

However, polyethylene and PEEK seem to be the most useful for no-mechanical implants, in my opinion.

I think that's a surgeon thing.
The surgeon told me peek is not meant for bigger sizes
if you want something like 8 mm WITDH on each gonion he would have a hard time inserting it especially if its sharply shaped

• +1
The surgeon told me peek is not meant for bigger sizes
if you want something like 8 mm WITDH on each gonion he would have a hard time inserting it especially if its sharply shaped
It sounds like something Eppley would say, but obviously, I am joking.

It seems to me that you are listening to surgeons too much, and you haven't done enough research. All of us here listened to our salesman surgeons, and we ended up looking stupid. They don't care because they are going to get paid twice when you hate your results and go back to them.

Not all surgeons are like that, of course. You see guys here designing their own implants because they have gone through this before.

Some guys here might be able to help you if you ask them. I can't do it. I had mine designed first. My implants are Polyethylene (which is cheaper than PEEK). Mine is 10 mm in width.

It sounds like something Eppley would say, but obviously, I am joking.

It seems to me that you are listening to surgeons too much, and you haven't done enough research. All of us here listened to our salesman surgeons, and we ended up looking stupid. They don't care because they are going to get paid twice when you hate your results and go back to them.

Not all surgeons are like that, of course. You see guys here designing their own implants because they have gone through this before.

Some guys here might be able to help you if you ask them. I can't do it. I had mine designed first. My implants are Polyethylene (which is cheaper than PEEK). Mine is 10 mm in width.
is it one solid piece (completly wraparound) or 2 seperate pieces for gonions

and is the design sharp (Sticks out at the gonions like spikes) or is it more straight

And he was speaking about peek and said its too hard and solid to put it in with such a design

it only works if the design is more straight and the witdh is max 6mm at the gonions

he disliked poly cause its too hard to remove/revise

is it one solid piece (completly wraparound) or 2 seperate pieces for gonions

and is the design sharp (Sticks out at the gonions like spikes) or is it more straight

And he was speaking about peek and said its too hard and solid to put it in with such a design

it only works if the design is more straight and the witdh is max 6mm at the gonions

he disliked poly cause its too hard to remove/revise
Respectfully, it is best not to talk about the design itself here without having a thorough understanding of your likes and dislikes. When we designed mine, I had multiple meetings with the designers.

No, it is not one piece, and it is usually four pieces. Imagine one whole piece that gets cut into four pieces. Two jaw angles and a chin cut in half. Doing this minimizes the incisions.

However, every surgeon is different, but that's what they did for me.

Can you elab, sir? You mean they drop so low it causes negative hooding?
THis:
Brows

The above (A) is what i mean.

It is pretty much the natural evolution of all hooded eyes, incl. those hunter eyes.

This is the same shit as in picture (A):
Brad

• +1
Reactions: ChristianChad and Jade
sadly surgeons cant afford rent even if they did WOULDNT have the will to tend to you just because you wanna be happy
nigga this world revolves around money
the expertise of the surgeon aint gon do ya for free
thats more meals they gotta spend on ya, that's the anaesthetic and hospital fee,
nigga they got families to feed.
either go to the right surgeon or get botched and ppay good money to get it right the first time

But fillers don't mimic potential implant results so what is the point

• Love it