Saturday night, I was watching Avatar: The Last Airbender and thought about monks setting themselves on fire

BigJimsWornOutTires

BigJimsWornOutTires

Kraken
The next day, this happens:

Oddity

Last night, not knowing that shit went down in DC, I searched the internet for material explaining why they do that shit. I discovered the Chinese monks did it to protest China's Communist Party fucking their lifestyle up. Something about the monks made money on the side and the CCP pretty much said, in so many words, "That shit ends today, my nigga." Ugh. So the monks set themselves on fire ... so they can:

It takes a lot of 'don't give a fuck about anything' to set yourself on fire. What if you survive, right? Brutal. That shit's gonna sting for a long time. Not to mention the disfigured skin and no telling how many organs went up in those flames, if you survive.

However. Nothing new under the sun. Same o same o, around and around we go as centuries flip to new centuries, people die, people born, homes destroyed, homes built, cities destroyed, cities built, and around and around we go, motherfuckers.

• +1
Reactions: the MOUSE, Gilbert_Durandal and kebab
Dnrd

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: the MOUSE and BigJimsWornOutTires