Scalp Advancement - A relatively unknown fix for a high hairline

D

Deleted

Lurker
Procedure
Scalp advancement or forehead reduction is a surgical procedure where they cut your scalp open in order to reshape it and then sew it back
together. It takes around 1-2 hours and stiches are off after a week.

Why you need it

Large foreheads/High hairlines can be detrimental for a mans confidence, looks and proportions. While hair grafting is a good option for people experiencing genetic alopecia, Scalp advancement is the superior choice for moving the hairline down on non balding candidates. Hair grafting can't achieve the same amount of density and can in some cases lead to unnatural results and long recovery times.

Requirements
Many men won't be candidates for this procedure as you can't be suffering from genetic alopecia or have family history of balding if you're not willing to get on finasteride. You also need to be "Highly motivated" which everyone reading this most likely already is about looksmaxing.

Price and availability
Its not nearly as common as popular surgeries like Rhinoplasty, Hair grafting, Fillers or Botox. This also means its less commercial and more expensive than the most similar surgery of hair grafting. Prices range from 7-10k for western surgeons and can go as low as 2k in turkey.

Recovery Time
Unlike hair grafting the results are instant. However, you need to stay close to the clinic for at least a week while the stiches are healing, meaning you need to factor a long hotel stay into the price if you're traveling for the surgery. The scar will be mostly healed by month 3 and fully healed after 6 months to a year.

Results

Patient who had a prior botched hair transplant

A patient after one day

A patient after one month

A patient with a fully healed scar

Last edited by a moderator:
  • +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Zeruel, vaninskybird, Be_ConfidentBro and 7 others
you got everything booked already or still looking?

More before and after

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 17735
i would have slayed as a kid if i had this :eek: i had a huge ass forehead

• +1
Reactions: zura, TheDragon, Be_ConfidentBro and 1 other person
would this be good paired with a hair transplant?

would this be good paired with a hair transplant?
If you’re balding you should avoid this but If you meant getting this first and then soften the hairline with some grafting then yes.

I need this plus a hair transplant. Can I do this before an HT and use the HT to cover up the scar?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted
I need this plus a hair transplant. Can I do this before an HT and use the HT to cover up the scar?
Yes that's my current plan for a truly seamless result. I have another reason for the hair grafting which is highly specific so if i didnt' have that as the other reason i'm not sure if i would graft the scar. If it heals properly you most likely won't need it and hair grafting takes atleast 9 months to look full density.

• +1
Reactions: smvmaxxertilllate
Can this make the m shape hairline more straight across?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 8869
Yes that's my current plan for a truly seamless result. I have another reason for the hair grafting which is highly specific so if i didnt' have that as the other reason i'm not sure if i would graft the scar. If it heals properly you most likely won't need it and hair grafting takes atleast 9 months to look full density.
Looking forward to seeing it homie

• +1
Reactions: Deleted
Mogger surgery, you can still get this if you have androgenic alopecia but are on hair loss meds right?

Mogger surgery, you can still get this if you have androgenic alopecia but are on hair loss meds right?
Probably, but its a case by case situation so you need to get a consultation first. The surgeon could decide against it If he wanted to.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 20631
Procedure
Scalp advancement or forehead reduction is a surgical procedure where they cut your scalp open in order to reshape it and then sew it back

Why you need it

Large foreheads/High hairlines can be detrimental for a mans confidence, looks and proportions. While hair grafting is a good option for people experiencing genetic alopecia, Scalp advancement is the superior choice for moving the hairline down on non balding candidates. Hair grafting can't achieve the same amount of density and can in some cases lead to unnatural results and long recovery times.

Requirements
Many men won't be candidates for this procedure as you can't be suffering from genetic alopecia or have family history of balding if you're not willing to get on finasteride. You also need to be "Highly motivated" which everyone reading this most likely already is about looksmaxing.

Price and availability
Its not nearly as common as popular surgeries like Rhinoplasty, Hair grafting, Fillers or Botox. This also means its less commercial and more expensive than the most similar surgery of hair grafting. Prices range from 7-10k for western surgeons and can go as low as 2k in turkey.

Recovery Time
Unlike hair grafting the results are instant. However, you need to stay close to the clinic for at least a week while the stiches are healing, meaning you need to factor a long hotel stay into the price if you're traveling for the surgery. The scar will be mostly healed by month 3 and fully healed after 6 months to a year.

Results

View attachment 1850258View attachment 1850259
A patient after one day

View attachment 1850274View attachment 1850275
View attachment 1850253View attachment 1850254
View attachment 1850260 View attachment 1850261
All of My mother's brothers are bald but my fathers side uncles have good hairline my father has nw1 at 55 age so can i get this procedure?

All of My mother's brothers are bald but my fathers side uncles have good hairline my father has nw1 at 55 age so can i get this procedure?
You can at your own risk. My genetics are the other way around with dads side being shit but moms side being great. I literally just lied to my surgeon unironically and said both parents had good hair genes and that i knew that there still was risks (which there always is).

I'm on going to start finastride anyway.

• +1
Reactions: SteveRogers and Confusednigger
You can at your own risk. My genetics are the other way around with dads side being shit but moms side being great. I literally just lied to my surgeon unironically and said both parents had good hair genes and that i knew that there still was risks (which there always is).

I'm on going to start finastride anyway.
Do we have to take fin whole life?

am I the only one that doesn't feel insecure about having a large forehead.

yes but fin isn't an annoying drug to take. You can not take the pill for a month and you shouldn't receed aslong as you start it again.
So if a balding guy does this procedure and hop on fin and good haircare consistently lifetime , he'll have good hair forever?

So if a balding guy does this procedure and hop on fin and good haircare consistently lifetime , he'll have good hair forever?
Its preventative and can halt it not regrow for the most part.

• +1
Reactions: Confusednigger
Yea but how much the existing hair can be saved with fin? 100%?
Just like with girls you'll still thin a bit overtime as you get older but if you do respond well to fin you can probably preserve most of it.

• +1
Just like with girls you'll still thin a bit overtime as you get older but if you do respond well to fin you can probably preserve most of it.
Did you get this surgery? I think even if i start receding after and scar becomes visible , I'll get a frontal hair system patch to hide it

• +1
Reactions: nobodyspecial369 and (deleted member)
Did you get this surgery? I think even if i start receding after and scar becomes visible , I'll get a frontal hair system patch to hide it
I'm getting it done in late November. Its booked and payed for.

• +1
3094597 joe biden head shake

He got it

Fucc it ima either get this or ht in the future

Might get this bc imma maintain w fin then cope with muh mature hairline after getting this

eh my hairline is low enough but it has the mature shape

Better to HT for me

Procedure

Why you need it

Requirements

Price and availability

Recovery Time

Results

View attachment 1850258View attachment 1850259
A patient after one day

View attachment 1850274View attachment 1850275
View attachment 1850253View attachment 1850254
View attachment 1850260 View attachment 1850261
who performs these

looking at this and lasek for 2023 and eye colour change maybe 2024

• +1
Reactions: LiterallyNightwing
@0hMan @Lmao @NumbThePain @Preston @TRUE_CEL @emeraldglass @Gargantuan @enchanted_elixir

Put this in best of the best so mfs Will be saved from this shit:

• +1
Reactions: Gengar, Deleted member 24444, Lmao and 1 other person
  • +1
Reactions: Lmao and LiterallyNightwing
  • +1
Reactions: 0hMan and LiterallyNightwing
This is not a BOTB tier thread, but a maybe if you detail your experiences and results.
Seconded. @LiterallyNightwing tag me if you end up making it brocel. :)

• +1
Reactions: Lmao
Seconded. @LiterallyNightwing tag me if you end up making it brocel. :)
If this new thread shit isnt going in best of the best i'm gonna be outside your house very soon

• JFL
Reactions: Lmao, 0hMan and Deleted member 24444
If this new thread shit isnt going in best of the best i'm gonna be outside your house very soon
I promise you that after your 1000+ threads of autism you'll have at least this one on BOTB. Just make the formatting good.

• JFL
Reactions: LiterallyNightwing
I promise you that after your 1000+ threads of autism you'll have at least this one on BOTB. Just make the formatting good.
Alr posting it now so i'll have time to edit it if you cucks don't approve that shit