Scalp shedding on Minoxidil when applying on beard

12percentorbust

Iron
How common is it to shed hair from your head when applying minoxidil on your beard and does the hair you shed come back? Many people are saying they lost the scalp hair and haven't gained it back while some are saying they did gain it back. I don't know what to believe tbh.

topical minoxidil is bound to go somewhat systemic especially when applied to a relatively vascular area like the beard region, so there is a chance that it will affect your scalp. And if you're prone to hair loss and minoxidil has gone systemic enough to exert its effects on your scalp, then you may shed. But most don't experience this (y)

• +1
Reactions: Salience and 12percentorbust
topical minoxidil is bound to go somewhat systemic especially when applied to a relatively vascular area like the beard region, so there is a chance that it will affect your scalp. And if you're prone to hair loss and minoxidil has gone systemic enough to exert its effects on your scalp, then you may shed. But most don't experience this (y)
In the case that I do shed hair on my scalp, will the lost hair grow back? Also is there any way to reduce the amount of minoxidil which goes systemic?

How common is it to shed hair from your head when applying minoxidil on your beard and does the hair you shed come back? Many people are saying they lost the scalp hair and haven't gained it back while some are saying they did gain it back. I don't know what to believe tbh.
It comes back, don't worry