Secure attachment or death

klip11

klip11

Narcy pirate Guardian of squirtle

When you are a baby, ideally you should get a secure attachment with an adult caregiver, usually the mother. Secure attachment causes the brain and nervous system to develop in an optimal fashion and makes you more resilient to stress.

Scientist who study attachment theory have noted that people who get secure attachment as babies grow up to have more friends, be neurotypical, have higher self esteem and more self confidence. A secure attachment comes from caregivers that not only meet your physical needs, but that are attuned to you emotionally and can calm and soothe you.

When you fail to get a secure attachment, this is known as attachment trauma. The worst kind of attachment trauma is disorganized attachment or fearful avoidant attachment.

People with disorganized attachment often grow up to be non NT, have difficulty making friends and are more likely to end up with mental issues and be socially isolated. They are also more likely to have self confidence and self esteem issues.

Attachment trauma stems from having inconsistent caregivers that don't or can't meet your emotional needs even if they meet your physical needs. Attachment trauma can also be caused by birth trauma (c section, forceps, induced labor etc). It can also be caused by overly strict or abusive parenting.

I would guess that most .org and .is users fall into disorganized attachment/fearful avoidant attachment

• +1
Reactions: Xangsane
I guess I'm anxious

• +1
Reactions: klip11
@Squirtle which are you