Self perception on phone vs mirror

imnotincelcore

imnotincelcore

dude
Why do I like how I look in the mirror, but on photos and selfies, I absolutely hate the way I look?
When I look at myself in the mirror, I actually feel confident, but as soon as I see a picture of me and compare it to other people's photos as fair as possible, it changes to me hating myself.
Anyone else feel the same? What's the reason for this? And how do other people perceive you?

• +1
Reactions: Chadethnic101, iwillbeflinch and bogii
Everyone feel that way but when you look in the mirror you overrate yourself

Why do I like how I look in the mirror, but on photos and selfies, I absolutely hate the way I look?
When I look at myself in the mirror, I actually feel confident, but as soon as I see a picture of me and compare it to other people's photos as fair as possible, it changes to me hating myself.
Anyone else feel the same? What's the reason for this? And how do other people perceive you?
Ur ugly.

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Deprived, Kami, zoomertrader and 1 other person
probably frauding hard in mirror + bad phone camera

When i take a pic about my self i see a monster. When i look my image on the mirror, i see the ugliest guy ever born.

Over.

• +1
Reactions: Kami and frendly
most accurate way is standing 3-6 feet away from a mirror and judging yourself. its the most accurate cuz lens distortion isn't there and thats how other people view you

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Karstossos, Deprived, Constantin Denis and 2 others
The mere effect. You’re used to seeing your mirror image so your brain gets very good at blocking out small asymmetries, and then when you see pictures of yourself they stick out like a sore thumb. They say the way you see yourself in the mirror is the way others see you in pictures but idk how much research has been done to conclude this

The mere effect. You’re used to seeing your mirror image so your brain gets very good at blocking out small asymmetries, and then when you see pictures of yourself they stick out like a sore thumb. They say the way you see yourself in the mirror is the way others see you in pictures but idk how much research has been done to conclude this
When i take a selfie and mirror the image i still look about 10 times uglier than what i see in the mirror

The mirror is more accurate. Most people in studies on rated themselves 1 point higher so it's no big deal lmao.
But the brutal caveat is that the ugly people tend to overrate themselves more aggressively while attractive people tend to accurately rate themselves if not even underrate themselves. So how can anyone be sure which group they’re really in

• +1
Reactions: Korea
When i take a selfie and mirror the image i still look about 10 times uglier than what i see in the mirror
Probably lens distortion then. Especially if you have a somewhat long midface or a big nose it can really exacerbate that stuff

But the brutal caveat is that the ugly people tend to overrate themselves more aggressively while attractive people tend to accurately rate themselves if not even underrate themselves. So how can anyone be sure which group they’re really in
The only thing I can say to that is be real with yourself.

You should have the ability to rate yourself accurately, ESP. after spending time on a forum like this.

If you can't get your head out the clouds, it never began.

• +1
Reactions: chigoha and Deleted member 17763
Probably lens distortion then. Especially if you have a somewhat long midface or a big nose it can really exacerbate that stuff
I def have a massive nose. It also makes my hair look weird asf. I have a 190$ xiaomi so im not too surprised its a brutal confidence killer tho

You should have the ability to rate yourself accurately, ESP. after spending time on a forum like this.

True or just get that trusted rating from Korea

• Love it
Reactions: Korea
I def have a massive nose. It also makes my hair look weird asf. I have a 190$ xiaomi so im not too surprised its a brutal confidence killer tho
Just stop taking selfies like that if it’s fucking you up and messing with your confidence because it’s literally not accurate, read the thread Korea linked if you didn’t already.

Now if you were looking bad in pictures with a 50mm focal length taken at the proper distance then that would be a different story

Because you are accustomed to seeing yourself in the mirror thus you overrate yourself. Selfies are the the exact opposite, they make you look worse due to lens distortion.

Let me tell you an example. I had a beard for a long time, and I was accustomed to seeing myself with a beard in the mirror. I shaved the beard off and after that the person I saw in the mirror looked like an alien to me. Needless to say I felt I looked like shit when seeing myself without a beard in the mirror, because I was not accustomed to seeing that.

I look like a God in both

• So Sad
Reactions: frendly
Nah. I look better in pictures than in the mirror.

Lens distortion. it's normal, you should look better in the mirror

photos are what women see

• +1
Reactions: frendly
1. I look like shit in the mirror 2. I look like shit in the camera

• +1
Reactions: ItsOverCel
I legit do. IDK why. Even when they are not distorted. I look suhuman in the mirror and decent in pictures.
I can't take you seriosuly.

This statement would make you the one human anomaly to be uneffected by Lens Distortion.

You tend to underestimate or overastimate how you look in mirror depending on mood etc. Generally if you dont have any shit like bdd or shit mood your
irl looks = mirror - ~0.3psl.

Last edited:
Your comparing your Photo to a supermodel you saw on here. Your narcy.

You don't look NEARLY as bad as you think you may even look good.

In motion/IRL is everything. Don't worry about what u look like in a photo

I can't take you seriosuly.

This statement would make you the one human anomaly to be uneffected by Lens Distortion.
Nope. Just did this again. Looked better on selfie at arm's length than in the mirror.

Nope. Just did this again. Looked better on selfie at arm's length than in the mirror.
You must be negative 1 in attractiveness.

Literally no one looks better at an arms length selfie than the mirror, but you.

You must be negative 1 in attractiveness.

Literally no one looks better at an arms length selfie than the mirror, but you.
if @Pakicel has short face syndrome, there is a chance that he would be better looking in selfies than irl. He's curry so I guess he has curry short face lmao. I have about 0.9 midface ratio and 1.75 FWHR so in selfies I look like my head is crushed by the hydraulic press

if @Pakicel has short face syndrome, there is a chance that he would be better looking in selfies than irl. He's curry so I guess he has curry short face lmao. I have about 0.9 midface ratio and 1.75 FWHR so in selfies I look like my head is crushed by the hydraulic press
This. I have short face. But nah. I look better in videos from further away. Even in candids I look better than in the mirror.

My midface ratio is 1. FWHR is 1.90-2.00.

This. I have short face. But nah. I look better in videos from further away. Even in candids I look better than in the mirror.
ES ratio is on the low side at 0.43-0.44

My midface ratio is 1. FWHR is 1.90-2.00.
thus your proportions are splendid! You should be a slayer if you are not recessed and have decent eye area

thus your proportions are splendid! You should be a slayer if you are not recessed and have decent eye area
Cope. I'll send you my face. Well. A straight selfie at arm's length face. I am a boneless cuck.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 17244
Ratios are sort of cope. You can still not be gl even if your ratios are all good. My ES ratio is off btw. Ideal should be 0.45-0.47. But I for some reason I look worse with wider spaced eyes.

looks like another rookie PSLer has realised he’s subhuman. modern phone cameras don’t lie boyo. have fun rebuilding your self esteem for the next 4 years, see you when your post count is 4000.

Camera have distorsion, mirrow is just a fliped imagine. And because You're used with mirroed imagine, when You see in the picture, You fell something is off. I always look more bloted in pictures and I hate it.

Finally this nigger got banned