Selling 3ds models

Spiritualcell

Spiritualcell

Very spiritual
I've been thinking about selling 3D models. I started a week ago and I'm a savant at this crap; being creative is simple and pretty enjoyable. I've already created a triple A quality scary monster-esque character (70k polys) that is textured and rigged (and has fur). All I have to do now is create some great renders with nature things as a background and sell that shit online on sites like cgtrader and Unreal Marketplace. 40 euros each model seems to be a reasonable price. And, of course, you can sell the model an infinite number of times. What I don't know is whether or not there is money to be made. Clearly, the more 3D models I have in my shop, the more money I will make. So my idea is to sell my first model and then evaluate if there's any money potential; if there is, I'll start fabricating models in stupendous amounts. Do you have any experience selling or creating models?
HighresScreenshot00001
This be the model I created. It's pretty generic. For my next 3D model I'll make something crazy.

Last edited:
  • JFL
  • +1
Reactions: TechnoBoss, looksmaxxed, Danish_Retard and 2 others
good shit bro i would definetly buy from you if you sold a sean o pry head figure that is incredibly detailed. Im not joking if you make a sean o pry head thats very detailed i would buy it and if you could even a full body action figure of sean o pry i would definetly buy

also i would like to buy 3d models of muscular guys too if u could make and design those and i would pay you to deliver here

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 6128, emeraldglass and Spiritualcell
I literally made more than 750$ selling skin models and custom models I made on 3DS Max
I am serious I used to recieve hundreds of orders back in 2020

I wasn't truly blackpilled and I spent most of it on bullshit JFL

I was so retarded

I wish I could do it again but many people are now better than me at it (I lost my level)

• +1
Reactions: midlatinocel and Spiritualcell
It looks bad, could be from a PS2 game, literally nothing compared to my 3d skills, I expected more after reading muh savant. Plus even I can‘t hold a candle to the technical skills of Houdini industry veterans.

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Danish_Retard and Spiritualcell
It looks bad, could be from a PS2 game, literally nothing compared to my 3d skills, I expected more after reading muh savant. Plus even I can‘t hold a candle to the technical skills of Houdini industry veterans.
A character model with 70k polygons in a PS2 game? I'll confess that the model isn't ideal. However, this model is the result of only a week of study. Texturing, UV wrapping, sculpting, rendering, and grooming are some of the procedures used. I had never done any of the aforementioned things before a week ago. Given that, my model is quite good.
I literally made more than 750$ selling skin models and custom models I made on 3DS Max
I am serious I used to recieve hundreds of orders back in 2020

I wasn't truly blackpilled and I spent most of it on bullshit JFL

I was so retarded

I wish I could do it again but many people are now better than me at it (I lost my level)
I'm also using 3ds Max. You should return to it. Based on the few 3D models I've purchased, I've concluded that competition is often poor.

• +1
Reactions: TechnoBoss
A character model with 70k polygons in a PS2 game? I'll confess that the model isn't ideal. However, this model is the result of only a week of study. Texturing, UV wrapping, sculpting, rendering, and grooming are some of the procedures used. I had never done any of the aforementioned things before a week ago. Given that, my model is quite good.

I'm also using 3ds Max. You should return to it. Based on the few 3D models I've purchased, I've concluded that competition is often poor.
A cube can even have 7 million polygons, your model is just not cleanly and efficiently topologized. Apart from the mediocre looks of the model the polygons are the next customer-killer, as people want the best looking models with the least amount of polygons (processor and gpu efficient).

• +1
Reactions: Danish_Retard and Spiritualcell
A cube can even have 7 million polygons, your model is just not cleanly and efficiently topologized. Apart from the mediocre looks of the model the polygons are the next customer-killer, as people want the best looking models with the least amount of polygons (processor and gpu efficient).
I'm aware. The fur is the largest contributor to the polygon count (40-50k). As it turns out full body fur with decent density results in high poly count.

• +1
I'm aware. The fur is the largest contributor to the polygon count (40-50k). As it turns out full body fur with decent density results in high poly count.
Is the fur made through a simulation in some software? If yes, it may not be compatible with some file types and other 3d softwares potential customers use.

• +1
Reactions: Spiritualcell
HighresScreenshot00002

You seem knowledgeable hence why i'm asking; Do you think the fur is bad? I'm a bit unhappy with the result of the fur (Density too low, needs width map, and too much strand frizz) Iy would take a couple hours to redo. Do you think I should?

Is the fur made through a simulation in some software? If yes, it may not be compatible with some file types and other 3d softwares potential customers use.
It's hair cards, so the fur and the body is one object.

• +1
View attachment 2234689
You seem knowledgeable hence why i'm asking; Do you think the fur is bad? I'm a bit unhappy with the result of the fur (Density too low, needs width map, and too much strand frizz) Iy would take a couple hours to redo. Do you think I should?
Your goal seems to make money off of assets, meaning you probably don't care about staying true to one style, so I'd advise you to opt for a stylized approach instead, stylized hair and fur creation is way easier compared to creating their realistic equivalents.
For realistic fur Maya has very good tools, for stylized hair any mainstream modeling software will suffice.