Serious question [Gymcels GTFIH]

D

dolphlundgren

dnrd
I've been wondering what's the science behind your face looking leaner at a lower bodyfat percentage despite absolute fatmass staying the same. I mean let's say someone was 60 kg 15% bf (which means 9 kg of fat) and he went up to 75 kg but now his 12% bf (which is again 9 kg of fat), will his face really change? If not, what should you do to ascend your face without going auschwitz mode?

Sodium / potassium / carb intake moderation + bone mass u fucking retard

• +1
Reactions: looks>books
I've been wondering what's the science behind your face looking leaner at a lower bodyfat percentage despite absolute fatmass staying the same. I mean let's say someone was 60 kg 15% bf (which means 9 kg of fat) and he went up to 75 kg but now his 12% bf (which is again 9 kg of fat), will his face really change? If not, what should you do to ascend your face without going auschwitz mode?
Hypertrophy of the masseters causing a chipmunk appearance

• +1
dude, the question is what's the science behind it, not whether it will change or not
When you lose fat everywhere, you will lose fat in your face because your body will need the extra fat to burn. If you wanted a more specific answer then I don't know

• +1
When you lose fat everywhere, you will lose fat in your face because your body will need the extra fat to burn. If you wanted a more specific answer then I don't know
you didn't get the question man. i am aware ur face fat goes away when u lose weight. my question was whether u'll see more definition without changing absolute fat mass while technically lowering your fat to muscle ratio

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 46941
Hypertrophy of the masseters causing a chipmunk appearance
would you care to explain that to me? Isn't the chipmunk appearance characterised by chubby cheeks?

behind your face looking leaner at a lower bodyfat percentage despite absolute fatmass staying the same
This is the dumbest fucking sentence I have read in a long time.
Lower bodyfat by definition means there is less fat mass you FUCKING moron.

This is the dumbest fucking sentence I have read in a long time.
Lower bodyfat by definition means there is less fat mass you FUCKING moron.
Retard if you are 60kg 15% bodyfat but you gain 10kg of pure lean mass, the total amount of fat on your body stays the same but your bodyfat percentage drops as the fat takes up a smaller percentage of your total bodyweight. 60kg with 9kg of fat is 15% bodyfat, which is higher than 70kg with 9kg of fat which is 12.5%.

Anyway to OP, I don't really know for sure, anecdotally my face looks basically just as lean when I'm below 15%bf regardless of how much mass I have. It probably would technically look leaner if I had less mass but it isn't noticeable, plus you have to factor in facial muscle hypertrophy which will make your face more defined.

Retard if you are 60kg 15% bodyfat but you gain 10kg of pure lean mass, the total amount of fat on your body stays the same but your bodyfat percentage drops as the fat takes up a smaller percentage of your total bodyweight. 60kg with 9kg of fat is 15% bodyfat, which is higher than 70kg with 9kg of fat which is 12.5%.

Anyway to OP, I don't really know for sure, anecdotally my face looks basically just as lean when I'm below 15%bf regardless of how much mass I have. It probably would technically look leaner if I had less mass but it isn't noticeable, plus you have to factor in facial muscle hypertrophy which will make your face more defined.
Lean mass is not fat mass you fucking braindead subhuman.

60kg with 9kg of fat is 15% bodyfat, 70kg with 9kg of fat is 12.5% bodyfat. Both have the same amount of fat mass but the bodyfat percentage is lower because there is a greater amount of lean mass.

60kg with 9kg of fat is 15% bodyfat, 70kg with 9kg of fat is 12.5% bodyfat. Both have the same amount of fat mass but the bodyfat percentage is lower because there is a greater amount of lean mass.
This is some gigasteroid fairy tale. If you are cutting and losing bf% - you are also losing lean mass. Sorry bro, but that's how it works.

If you have good bones your face will look decent at 15% bodyfat. If it doesn't its highly likely you don't have good bones.