Sex used to cost less than bread in ancient times

Lorsss

Lorsss

mod. Username: Lorsss
Staff
A male citizen of ancient Rome could buy a sexual intercourse for 1 coin, whereas to buy a piece of bread, he needed to pay at least three coins.

This paradoxal situation is partially caused by the lack of technology in the process of making bread: food cost a lot because humans did not have tractors to plant seeds, cut wheat and make flour so the production of bread was very harsh and slow.
As regards the low price of sex, the percentage of enslaved population in ancient times was very high, so any slave owner could force his female slaves to have sex with other men for money, thus in ancient Rome (and any other ancient empire) many rich slave owners opened brothels to force their female slaves into prostitution.

above: fresco in a brothel of Pompeii
below: a bakery in Pompeii

Last edited:
  • +1
  • Woah
  • JFL
Reactions: SubhumanCurrycel, Gaia262, Dommaxxer and 6 others
interesting (unironically)

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6400, Deleted member 2205, Deleted member 3043 and 1 other person
Women are property, thats why men fight in wars to keep their property from being raped

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 5048, Deleted member 6723, Deleted member 1180 and 8 others
interesting (unironically)

making brothels illegal played a part in increasing female sexual makret value and consequently hypergamy, simps and cucks and male suicide rate

• +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: Deleted member 5048, Chadelite, Deleted member 1464 and 2 others
Reminder: I make more bread than @Tony

• +1
  • JFL
  • WTF
Reactions: Tony, AbandonShip, Deleted member 3043 and 5 others
Women are property, thats why men fight in wars to keep their property from being raped

Europe and Middle East were brutal in ancient times.
All nations were in constant war for the purpose of sacking and raping each other

• +1
Reactions: Chadelite
  • WTF
  • Love it
Reactions: Tony and fukmylyf
making brothels illegal played a part in increasing female sexual makret value and consequently hypergamy, simps and cucks and male suicide rate
If they were opened back up we wouldn't see shit like onlyfans and dumps payong girls for existing. Most men are against it because of their egos but are blind to how much it benefits them.

• +1
Reactions: Lorsss
If they were opened back up we wouldn't see shit like onlyfans and dumps payong girls for existing. Most men are against it because of their egos but are blind to how much it benefits them.

this is Lina Merlin, the communist feminist bitch who made brothels illegal in Italy in 1958. One day I swear I will piss on her tomb

Last edited:
  • JFL
  • +1
Reactions: jjyb12345, anti caking agents, Deleted member 4563 and 5 others
in my city it costs about $600

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Chadelite and Deleted member 1464
CHASE THE BREAD NOT THE PUSSY

• +1
  • JFL
  • Love it
Reactions: Lorsss, Deleted member 4612 and Deleted member 3043
Also everyone was in their 20s in ancient Rome. It was probably mog central. Clear divide between classes meant good looking people were likely taller, richer, and stronger than everyone else due to malnutrition.

Only the rich got old as well. You lived a short but fulfilling life.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Lorsss
"I spent that bread" takes on a new meaning now. @DharkDC

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Lorsss and DharkDC