shitposting/random memes megathread (NSFW)

thumb-93648-DragonBallSuper_GN16_C1_Web-3-bvGR1cY6ue3B4HltPwcGyQ.jpg

Sleep Yawn GIF

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 22918
Re: OT Complaining
AnonyAnonymous
Png

#150509401Wednesday, November 26, 2014 10:53 PM CST
Each of us are utilizing this Sub-Section for entertainment purposes, It's unnecessary to exhibit a significant degree of favoritism.
Re: Post here for my honest opinion on you
AnonyAnonymous
Png

#150514510Thursday, November 27, 2014 12:26 AM CST
Why not just appreciate the communication between each user without publicly stating your opinion regarding their personality to the degree of borderline-favoritism?
Re: @anony
AnonyAnonymous
Png

#150787402Sunday, November 30, 2014 7:42 AM CST
Please don't exhibit a degree of favoritism towards me in particular, plenty of users here contribute to the positivity of the Sub-Section and I would prefer if you enjoy the positive aspects of each user equally.
Re: Dapperbuffalo for best mod
AnonyAnonymous
Png

#151667941Sunday, December 14, 2014 4:41 AM CST
Each moderator can be considered "Good". Favoritism towards a particular one would be unreasonable.
Re: Introduce yourselves
AnonyAnonymous
Png

#152980914Thursday, January 01, 2015 4:18 AM CST
Surely we can communicate without exhibiting favoritism towards a particular set of users?
Re: Have you ever noticed that Off Topic has cliches?
AnonyAnonymous
Png

#153814730Monday, January 12, 2015 3:43 PM CST
"We have clicks in the sense that people generally only post on threads made by certain people and only acknowledge people they like." Favoritism is generally abundant throughout civilization due to the simple fact that individuals generally become accustomed to the presence of another person once they've analyzed their characteristics. Hence the formation of cliques, especially on a significantly "Anonymous" medium such as the Internet.
Re: Post your top 3 OTers
AnonyAnonymous
Png

#158478421Sunday, March 22, 2015 10:32 PM CDT
Why do you consider it necessary to show favoritism towards any particular set of users? There's plenty of positive individuals that you would be restricting yourself from by showing unreasonable bias towards users who you prefer seeing on the website.

Now, we can analyze my ancestry.

In Finland, educational success has long been an extremely important marker of social status. Almost all politicians will state their educational qualifications on their campaign leaflets (see Dutton, 2009) and abusive terms equivalent to ‘chav’ or ‘redneck’ explicitly refer to lack of education (Dutton, 2010). In recent years, the quality of Finnish education has been subject to media scrutiny worldwide (e.g. Lopez, 2012, April 9, Burridge, 2010, April 7, or Partunen, 2011). This has been due to Finland's consistently excellent performance in the OECD's PISA international assessments, which test reading comprehension, science literacy, and Math in 15-year-olds in up to 65 countries in Europe, North America, and Asia, drawing upon around 500,000 pupils. Finland was ranked 1st in 2000, 2003, and 2006, and 3rd in 2009 — beaten by Shanghai and South Korea. In 2012, the reported results were divided up by subtest. Finland dropped to 12th in Math.1 Finland was still 5th in science and 6th in reading, the highest ranking of any European country. Weighting each subtest equally, this put Finland in 7th place overall, making it the highest-ranked country outside Northeast Asia. Media pundits have speculated on the reasons for Finland's high performance. Their suggestions have included that the country emphasizes equality (Partunen, 2011), that there is a strong culture of respecting education (Ylä-Jääskä, 2013), or even that the Finnish language, as with Korean, is phonetic (linguist Prof. Juha Janhunen, quoted in Dutton, 2010). However, Italian is relatively phonetic (Miller, 2004), Sweden also emphasizes equality, and we are left asking where a respect for and interest in education come from.

Our hypothesis is that Finland is the best performing European or European-descent country on PISA for two reasons. Firstly, it has the highest IQ of any European country and the PISA measures clearly reflect intelligence. Secondly, Finns have higher Conscientiousness and Agreeableness than other Europeans and these qualities predict success in school exams. However, these factors also explain Finland's relative lack of Nobel prizes for science. The top 30 nations in terms of per capita Nobel Prizes can be seen in Table 1.

We can see from Table 1 that Finland, at 22nd place, is much lower down the table than any of its neighbors, including all northern European countries with comparable IQs of around 100 (Lynn, 2006). However, there is a strong case for placing Finland even lower on the table. Their two Nobel prize winners for science are Artturi Virtanen (Chemistry, 1945) and Ragnar Granit (Physiology or Medicine, 1967, jointly-awarded to Granit and two Americans). However, Granit was a Swedish-speaking Finn and even took Swedish citizenship in 1941. Thus, on genetic grounds, as will be discussed below, and simply legalistic grounds Granit should not be counted as a Finnish Nobel Prize winner. This means Finland has only one Nobel prize for science. As such, we must halve her score to 1.84 and place her in 28th place, above only Poland and Japan.

According to various analyses of highly creative and original academics, such as Nobel Prize winners and historical geniuses (e.g. Simonton, 1988, or Feist, 1998), the genius academic is characterized by a combination of very high intelligence and pronounced personality characteristics. In particular, the genius, the highly original thinker of the kind who wins Nobel Prizes, has very high Openness-Intellect, meaning he is prone to unusual psychological experiences, but relatively low Agreeableness and low Conscientiousness. Measures of Openness-Intellect can be regarded as problematic, as they seem to be missing sufficient construct validity (Nettle, 2007). However, the other personality traits noted require less caution. Eysenck (1995) does not use the concept of Openness-Intellect but argues that the genius is characterized by a combination of very high intelligence and moderately high psychoticism (essentially, low Agreeableness and low Conscientiousness). As such, Eysenck's model would very much predict that a group with low psychoticism and a relatively low percentage of high IQ outliers would perform poorly in terms of measures of genius, such as Nobel prizes. Eysenck (1995) also argued that Extraversion predicts creativity, as extraverts are more prepared to confront authority and promote themselves.

The genius stands in contrast to academics more generally, who tend to have high Agreeableness (Conard, 2006) and Conscientiousness, as well as high Openness-Intellect (Almlund et al., 2011 or Charlton, 2008). Lynn (2006) suggests that this high level of psychoticism is inherent to genius because discoveries, and presenting those discoveries, are underpinned by making unusual connections, thinking outside of the conventional rules, and offending vested interests. A person who was too high in Conscientiousness would be too rule-following to make new discoveries while a person too high in Agreeableness might not present or pursue the ideas, for risk of causing offence.

Our hypothesis, which is in line with Eysenck's model, is that Finns, despite their high average IQ, are poorly represented amongst Nobel Prize winners in science in comparison to other European countries for two reasons. Firstly, the Finnish population has only a small percentage of very high IQ outliers, due to a small standard deviation in intelligence. Secondly, the Finnish population has a very low score, by European standards, on psychoticism. Moreover, Finns are stereotypically low on Extraversion (e.g. Dutton, 2009) and it is possible that this also plays a part in their relatively poor performance concerning Nobel prizes. This is quite difficult to test with the available data, so we will not focus on it, but we will present some evidence that they are low in it. We will now turn to the evidence for Finnish high intelligence.

img_20221121_172202750-jpg.56775

img_20221121_135823461_burst000_cover-jpg.56777

larry-png.56776

Uralic-Finns:

main-qimg-580113cf587112ac156d726f044addd6-lq

main-qimg-70144a66107424dde80ff0072115f336-pjlq

Finno-Ugric_Udmurts01_full.jpg

2022-09-17_13-24-46-jpg.56642

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 16369
0091-017.png

Re: I am afraid I have some heartbreaking news
AnonyAnonymous
Png

#151891944Wednesday, December 17, 2014 6:57 PM CST
"@injury: you must be pretty stupid to feel sorry for the loss of a grandma there's like millions everywhere losing one isn't going to do much" Each human has unique characteristics that differ from another individual. This individual's grandmother likely influenced their personality and perception of the world significantly and brought them happiness, the psychological damage from the death of an individual of whom a person has an extensive cognitive connection can be devastating. Having sorrow for the loss of a beloved individual is not idiotic, It's a combination of subjective and intrinsic values. You don't have to personally exhibit sympathy towards the plight of this individual, you can simply just cease to respond as it's only wasting your own time trying to criticize their opinion aggressively.

Re: it took 5 minutes for the ambulance to get to my house
AnonyAnonymous
Png

#151912500Thursday, December 18, 2014 2:11 AM CST
""seeing as how op's grandpa is in his late 90s, his immune system is likely to be weak, making him more susceptible to attacks like this" The susceptibility in the scenario provided then, would be secondary to pathogenic infection. Giving that his grandfather is experiencing "Incontinence", I would personally consider extensive renal dysfunction as the likely cause of the unexplained edema in this scenario.

Re: you guys shouldnt give a crap about being known here
AnonyAnonymous
Png

#147709366Friday, October 10, 2014 8:51 PM CDT
"dont forget that some people here can get your name and family and home location and people here have done it. you dont wanna do anything thatll piss em off and the more known you are the more theyll notice" Excellent point, It's simply just an interface to communicate with other humans, the majority of whom you'll never actually meet outside of a screen.

Re: I have no ego whatsoever
AnonyAnonymous
Png

#150854133Sunday, November 30, 2014 8:34 PM CST
"problem is I've cut off contacts with everyone outside my family except for a select group of people once a month at a club meeting so yeah" I would suggest attempting to retrieve an assessment from a qualified psychologist.

Re: i didn't even know my cousin is getting married tomorrow
AnonyAnonymous
Png

#149376977Saturday, November 08, 2014 4:16 AM CST
Hopefully you enjoy the events surrounding your relatives then.
Re: I hope none of my family members pass before their time.
AnonyAnonymous
Png

#151140918Friday, December 05, 2014 3:45 PM CST
Perhaps you simply have a significant degree of loneliness that has resulted in your extensive emotional attachment to your relatives? Although it's certainly understandable, It's important to have a durable realization that any sudden occurrences could result in unexpected and potentially life-altering effects and thus I would suggest that you attempt to maintain a positive relationship with them while making sure to prevent yourself from becoming too psychologically dependent on them.

What is this autism itt

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 20422
jfl who let zis genetically modified individual escape secret reptilian research facility. My overlords vill be furious when they find out humanoid entities are running away from labs.