short face syndrome. is it even real or do you just not have the forward growth to back it up?

D

Deleted member 15302

Platinum
what i mean by this is short midface is a sign of extreme maxillary upswing. you need the forward growth to back it up. when you don’t have crazy good forward growth + short midface it looks incel. but when you do it mogs

i’ve seen some people lengthen their midface with lefort but is that even more ideal than fixing downswing with rotation + extreme forward movement?

• +1
Reactions: LightSkinNoob, Deleted member 21044 and Deleted member 17735
i know sfs is used also for short middle third of the face but I rarely saw used it for it, it's usually the lower third

• +1
Reactions: SubhumanCurrycel
can you provide pictures as well, I have no clue what these are supposed to look like

I thought this too

what i mean by this is short midface is a sign of extreme maxillary upswing. you need the forward growth to back it up. when you don’t have crazy good forward growth + short midface it looks incel. but when you do it mogs

i’ve seen some people lengthen their midface with lefort but is that even more ideal than fixing downswing with rotation + extreme forward movement?
SFS and to an extent “true” short midface is a sign of maxillary hypoplasia and lack of sutural growth in the forward and downward direction.

It makes you look like cretin or early hominid with too small of a frontal lobe and anterior brain case to adequately displace the splanchnocranium.

It doesn’t look good even when paired with top tier forward growth:

Aesthetically ideal nose is tall - leptorrhine or in some cases mesorrhine - and balanced out in the transverse dimension by strong zygomatico-maxillary development.

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: PURE ARYAN GENETICS and mvp2v1
The term is not about the actual length of the face/midface, it's about the relative length/tallness of the maxilla compared to your soft tissue, and most visible from the smile

Shortface syndrome:
B978145572698100023X_f023-004ab-9781455726981.jpg

Vs

Longface syndrome:
images

SFS and to an extent “true” short midface is a sign of maxillary hypoplasia and lack of sutural growth in the forward and downward direction.

It makes you look like cretin or early hominid with too small of a frontal lobe and anterior brain case to adequately displace the splanchnocranium.

View attachment 1850117

Aesthetically ideal nose is tall - leptorrhine or in some cases mesorrhine - and balanced out in the transverse dimension by strong zygomatico-maxillary development.
for this guy specifically, his maxilla shape and nose makes him look like a gorilla, as well as his cheekbones are way too pronounced as forward growth of the maxilla should somewhat make a smooth natural transition into his cheekbones and zygos

of course longer midface is ideal on men but when it comes to harmony/looking like your face naturally developed it might be better to have extreme forward growth + ccw rotation. lengthening the midface looks uncanny in most cases.

take jordan barrett, short midface, extreme forward growth + ccw rotation, looks nothing like a gorilla. if anything looks more like a cat

long midface, extreme forward growth, looks dogmaxxed

short mid face, extreme forward growth, looks normal and natural

i theorize this is also part of the reason that girls tend to have more forward growth and maxillary upswing as they have shorter midfaces

• +1
Reactions: intovoid, mvp2v1 and Deleted member 17735
ofc its real jfl

Idk I have good forward growth but short lower third height, doesn’t look good, tall chin = dimorphic

• +1
Reactions: gtuktm
Idk I have good forward growth but short lower third height, doesn’t look good, tall chin = dimorphic
nioga that’s not what the post is talking about

• +1
Reactions: SubhumanCurrycel
JFL of course its real theres been lots of SFS Bimax ascensions with maxilla downgraft. That ethnic Joel Defranque did:

Dr Joel Defrancq 1457273913074734000 8519
Dr Joel Defrancq 1457274102046258400 2015
Dr Joel Defrancq 1457273981020278600 6259
Dr Joel Defrancq 1457274259022570200 4966

Only the idiots of looksmax would have told him not to get face lengthening surgery

Attachments

• Dr-Joel-Defrancq-1457273913074734000_8519.jpg
    Dr-Joel-Defrancq-1457273913074734000_8519.jpg
    141 KB · Views: 0
  • +1
  • Woah
Reactions: HarrierDuBois, Deleted member 15302 and SubhumanCurrycel
JFL of course its real theres been lots of SFS Bimax ascensions with maxilla downgraft. That ethnic Joel Defranque did:

View attachment 1868037View attachment 1868040View attachment 1868041View attachment 1868043

Only the idiots of looksmax would have told him not to get face lengthening surgery
good example but he looks like he changed his whole pheno. id still argue he could possibly ascend with more ccw rotation and fix his nose since he’s short midface with long exposed philtrum

before and after pics are also fucked up. if he rotated his head normally like in after side profile you’d see he’s not actually that upturned

good example but he looks like he changed his whole pheno. id still argue he could possibly ascend with more ccw rotation and fix his nose since he’s short midface with long exposed philtrum

before and after pics are also fucked up. if he rotated his head normally like in after side profile you’d see he’s not actually that upturned
this possibly the biggest ascension from just bimax of all time

for this guy specifically, his maxilla shape and nose makes him look like a gorilla, as well as his cheekbones are way too pronounced as forward growth of the maxilla should somewhat make a smooth natural transition into his cheekbones and zygos

of course longer midface is ideal on men but when it comes to harmony/looking like your face naturally developed it might be better to have extreme forward growth + ccw rotation. lengthening the midface looks uncanny in most cases.

take jordan barrett, short midface, extreme forward growth + ccw rotation, looks nothing like a gorilla. if anything looks more like a catView attachment 1850397

long midface, extreme forward growth, looks dogmaxxed

View attachment 1850399

short mid face, extreme forward growth, looks normal and natural
View attachment 1850400

i theorize this is also part of the reason that girls tend to have more forward growth and maxillary upswing as they have shorter midfaces
View attachment 1850409
me
VideoCapture 20220915 185346

• Woah
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 15302 and Lawton88
this possibly the biggest ascension from just bimax of all time
just bimax?

bro he lost like 10% bodyfat between the before and after

and no theres better out there- who are actually same (or close to) same bodyfat before and after

Attachments

• IMG_0474.png
    IMG_0474.png
    647.3 KB · Views: 0
  • Ag+Replacement+image+2.jpg
    Ag+Replacement+image+2.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 0
  • maxresdefault.jpg
    maxresdefault.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 0
  • 017CB600-82B9-4CE5-B531-A687464F4182.png
    017CB600-82B9-4CE5-B531-A687464F4182.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • ADE5840F-FEB7-40A2-8D01-813D92191182.jpeg
    ADE5840F-FEB7-40A2-8D01-813D92191182.jpeg
    55.1 KB · Views: 0
  • +1
Reactions: PURE ARYAN GENETICS
The term is not about the actual length of the face/midface, it's about the relative length/tallness of the maxilla compared to your soft tissue, and most visible from the smile

Shortface syndrome:
B978145572698100023X_f023-004ab-9781455726981.jpg

Vs

Longface syndrome:
images
this lol

some people just have brachy skulls or long skulls-

The smile is how you tell

gummy smile = excess vertical maxilalry development
lack of teeth show= vertical hypoplasia

• +1
Reactions: PURE ARYAN GENETICS
this lol

some people just have brachy skulls or long skulls-

The smile is how you tell

gummy smile = excess vertical maxilalry development
lack of teeth show= vertical hypoplasia
What if I have a long face with downward growth but normal not gummy smile

View attachment 1850117

Mogs my horseface to the moon and back

What if I have a long face with downward growth but normal not gummy smile
then thats just your skull shape- LF1 is only going to help if theres a problem with the smile

you need a ton of forward growth if you have sfs

then thats just your skull shape- LF1 is only going to help if theres a problem with the smile
And what to do in such a case? When you obviously need a bimax, but your smile is normal? As far as I know, there are several methods that can be involved in a normal smile

And what to do in such a case? When you obviously need a bimax, but your smile is normal? As far as I know, there are several methods that can be involved in a normal smile
you cant get maxillary downgraft if your smile is normal

you can maybe advance the jaws or rotate the lower but any downgraft will give you gummy smile

• +1
Reactions: Mikes91