Should I bulk or cut?(Teen)

AscendOrRopemaxx

AscendOrRopemaxx

coping
I am 15.5 years old, 15% Bodyfat, 5'6, 124lbs (17lbs~ fat), and skinnyfat. I seriously consider killing myself everyday because I know its over for me before it even started. At school I get not only mogged by all of my classmates but also height mogged by every male I can think of. My only wish in life is to ascend to a psl god (unironic.) Currently I am cutting in a 250kcal deficit in hopes to lose my facial fat which is what ruins my lower third and my double chin is horrendous. However I do not think this is optimal because I am in a stage of development in terms of height and bones. I know a bulk is optimal for growing taller but I don't think I can mentally survive another year of being ugly while knowing its not getting better anytime soon. Also its important to know that I used to be incredibly overweight (150lbs at 5'0) however I starved myself due to depression so now I am skinnyfat and short, I likely ruined my development because this was around when I was 12-14 which are the main years of growing I think.

So what should I do? Is it ok to cut until I get rid of my face fat and then bulk immediately, or should I just bulk now and just pray for the best?

Its over for me 💀

• JFL
Reactions: N1666
if you dont know, then prolly bulk
but bulking is a meme tbf so dont take it too far

• +1
Reactions: Soychadcell, butterworld and AscendOrRopemaxx
also you're fucking 15 you should be eating a shit ton already

If I bulk ofc I will do a "leanbulk" as there isn't much of a reason to go beyond 250kcal above maintenance. Im pretty confident I can bulk without gaining any noticeable fat however I already have fucked face fat so its not really a leanbulk just a bulk if that makes anysense

I wouldn’t say bulking is a meme, it becomes a meme once you overdo it and exaggerate

@Orc bulks by instinct which is a great way to do it

• +1
Reactions: Lokki and Orc
I wouldn’t say bulking is a meme, it becomes a meme once you overdo it and exaggerate

@Orc bulks by instinct which is a great way to do it
only works if you have healthy functioning hormonal signaling, which excludes most people.

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: CarrotMaxxer and coispet
only works if you have healthy functioning hormonal signaling, which excludes most people.

what is your take on op's post

what is your take on op's post
you do not have to worry about bulking in your first year of lifting, you will gain muscle regardless of what you do, and you are able to gain it while losing fat, however this doesn't last forever, this only applies to beginners.

• +1
Reactions: AscendOrRopemaxx
you do not have to worry about bulking in your first year of lifting, you will gain muscle regardless of what you do, and you are able to gain it while losing fat, however this doesn't last forever, this only applies to beginners.
I appreciate the response, however do you have insight on whether a bulk is optimal for height growth, and bone growth, and taking my current situation into account

I appreciate the response, however do you have insight on whether a bulk is optimal for height growth, and bone growth, and taking my current situation into account
bulking won't affect your final height if that is what your question is.

fat people do tend to be taller than their peers, but they do not actually grow taller, rather they just mature faster, meaning they also reach their height cap faster, after which everyone else just catches up.

• +1
bulking won't affect your final height if that is what your question is.

fat people do tend to be taller than their peers, but they do not actually grow taller, rather they just mature faster, meaning they also reach their height cap faster, after which everyone else just catches up.
Do you think my current plan of cutting for 3 months or less to hopefully eliminate my face fat is smartest idea then? My frame is also clapped but I am mostly insecure about my facial fat and height than anything else.

Do you think my current plan of cutting for 3 months or less to hopefully eliminate my face fat is smartest idea then? My frame is also clapped but I am mostly insecure about my facial fat and height than anything else.
as long you keep it mild i.e 500 cals deficit you'll likely be fine.

• +1
• ⁠Bulkkkkkk. Lift and eat, follow a legit program like 5x5 StrongLifts and see how far it can take you. At your age your body will adapt. I wished I was lifting with solid amount of calories and a good program, big time gains.
• ⁠Also, don’t be afraid to hit that 4000-5000 calories, no joke. Especially if you play a sport. Jim Wendler on T-Nation has a blurb of what he knew now to himself as a teen. Pretty game changer. Cheap way to do it if you’re not lactose. GOMAD, Gallon of Whole Milk a Day. If you can also fit other stuff in there I’d do that, but that alone from breakfast to midnight snack is going to make you grow. Yes it isn’t keto, but your metabolism and testosterone will adapt. Worry about keto after the initial body adaptation. You’re young, it’ll adapt fast. And if you do decide to keto and lift, make a ton of fat bombs, eat a bunch of nuts to up them calories.
• ⁠Follow the program at least 6months to a year while keeping the calories high. Learn to tweak things on it if you’re struggling, such as rest times, warm ups.
• ⁠And at your age also learn to ego check yourself. I remember times in high school everyone wants to lift like the biggest guy, but sometimes they’re maxing, etc. learn to do it for yourself. Many struggle with this reality in the gym too, so just know that outside perception of yourself is a thing everyone learns to adapt to.
• ⁠Good luck and keep returning back for motivation and questions.

I am 15.5 years old, 15% Bodyfat, 5'6, 124lbs (17lbs~ fat), and skinnyfat. I seriously consider killing myself everyday because I know its over for me before it even started. At school I get not only mogged by all of my classmates but also height mogged by every male I can think of. My only wish in life is to ascend to a psl god (unironic.) Currently I am cutting in a 250kcal deficit in hopes to lose my facial fat which is what ruins my lower third and my double chin is horrendous. However I do not think this is optimal because I am in a stage of development in terms of height and bones. I know a bulk is optimal for growing taller but I don't think I can mentally survive another year of being ugly while knowing its not getting better anytime soon. Also its important to know that I used to be incredibly overweight (150lbs at 5'0) however I starved myself due to depression so now I am skinnyfat and short, I likely ruined my development because this was around when I was 12-14 which are the main years of growing I think.

So what should I do? Is it ok to cut until I get rid of my face fat and then bulk immediately, or should I just bulk now and just pray for the best?

Its over for me 💀
roidmaxx

How tall are ur parents and what ethnicity are you? Also how tall are ur siblings if any

How tall are ur parents and what ethnicity are you? Also how tall are ur siblings if any
5'5 father, and my mom is like 5'2, family is generally short (Cousins, Uncles, Etc.) Sister is around mother's height, brother is 6ft tall which is only thing that gives me hope. ethnicity is Mexican/Cuban

Maintain your body weight, maybe a slight calorie surplus would benefit you as long as it's clean like fruits or meats

Don't cut you fucking incel

• +1
Reactions: wackedchives
Maintain your body weight, maybe a slight calorie surplus would benefit you as long as it's clean like fruits or meats

Don't cut you fucking incel
im cutting for a little bit just because my face is fat as fuck. Hopefully if all goes well I can get to bulking soon.

im cutting for a little bit just because my face is fat as fuck. Hopefully if all goes well I can get to bulking soon.
You can risk your growth as a teenager

Don't get rid of your nutrients

• +1
but also height mogged by every male I can think
They height mog you because they eat lots of nutrients and don't miss out on anything

Sure, it can be genetics, but losing some nutrients won't help

• +1
You can risk your growth as a teenager

Don't get rid of your nutrients
its just a small cut for like 10 weeks

also I can't go any further looking like shit bro, Im so tired of being disgusting to look at. I just want to be loved

its just a small cut for like 10 weeks

also I can't go any further looking like shit bro, Im so tired of being disgusting to look at. I just want to be loved
Don't forget everyone is in their own race

Peak now or peak in your 20's when it counts

• +1
Reactions: wackedchives and AscendOrRopemaxx
Don't forget everyone is in their own race

Peak now or peak in your 20's when it counts
I know but like I really think Im almost there in terms of getting the fat off. I am currently at 8.8% bf (Scanned yesterday), my goal is 6% and see what I look like then.

5'5 father, and my mom is like 5'2, family is generally short (Cousins, Uncles, Etc.) Sister is around mother's height, brother is 6ft tall which is only thing that gives me hope. ethnicity is Mexican/Cuban
Im guessing 5'8, 5'10 if lucky. I think you shouldnt cut.

• +1
If I bulk ofc I will do a "leanbulk" as there isn't much of a reason to go beyond 250kcal above maintenance. Im pretty confident I can bulk without gaining any noticeable fat however I already have fucked face fat so its not really a leanbulk just a bulk if that makes anysense
I dirtybulked for a month with more than 1000kcal over my maintanance and my bodyfat percentage didnt go up really as much as I excpected

I barely got any face fat too so id say if you just go to the gym while bulking and doing cardio you should be good

Just eat by instinct and do cardio and move around. I was skinnyfat until I did this.