should I Cut off normie friends because of looksminning alcohol consumption.

Hortensia

Hortensia

LTN future ascender, heightmogger.
If you have a tiktok attention span skip to the shrek.

Hi .org I’ve been on my softmaxxing journey for a while now and I have made some decent progress. For leanmaxxing, I’ve already managed to lose 6kg’s since my softmaxxing plan post. Which I am very satisfied with.

However, there is on thing I don’t seem to get a grip on. My leanmaxxing journey has plateaued as a result of my alcohol consumption.

My typical week goes like this:
During the week I stay very true to my diet making no false compromises with myself. But then, Friday afternoon a feeling starts to ache. Plans of hanging out start to accumulate in the groups that I am in. And usually at 8-9 I start to give in.
Firstly I trick myself into thinking: ‘hhmmmm I can handle it, just a couple of beers won’t kill my progress.’ Then after 3 beers I start picking up momentum and from there on it goes downhill.
I start drinking like my life depends on it. After that turning point bags of chips are opened and emptied to the lest crumbs. When I get home I open my fridge and eat everything that is in my sight. Then I’ll take some cheese or crackers with me to bed, and halfway trough I fall asleep. I totally loose control and turn into a gluttonous caveman.

This happens every weekend even though during the week I feel no urge to do this.
As you can imagine I kill all the progress I made during the week.

I think this pattern repeats itself bc I am so used to throwing my life away in the weekend that I don’t know better. Also my social environment revolves around binge drinking in the weekends.

Do you guys have any tips on how to break this cycle?

:ogre:
I am planning on moving after summer, and finding a new friend circle in the city where ill continue my study.
Should I have the additude of: these friends are temporary and you’ll make better ones next semester; cut them off from your life and play minecraft or watch a movie on Fridays or something.
Or should I look inwards and try to break the cycle by looking at what congnitions cause the urge to binge drink even tough I know it doesn’t match my intrinsic motivation.

Last questions: what do you guys do on a Friday night if you’re not consuming any alcohol?

That’s everything thanks for reading of you made it here.

• JFL
Reactions: greycel
If you have a tiktok attention span skip to the shrek.

Hi .org I’ve been on my softmaxxing journey for a while now and I have made some decent progress. For leanmaxxing, I’ve already managed to lose 6kg’s since my softmaxxing plan post. Which I am very satisfied with.

However, there is on thing I don’t seem to get a grip on. My leanmaxxing journey has plateaued as a result of my alcohol consumption.

My typical week goes like this:
During the week I stay very true to my diet making no false compromises with myself. But then, Friday afternoon a feeling starts to ache. Plans of hanging out start to accumulate in the groups that I am in. And usually at 8-9 I start to give in.
Firstly I trick myself into thinking: ‘hhmmmm I can handle it, just a couple of beers won’t kill my progress.’ Then after 3 beers I start picking up momentum and from there on it goes downhill.
I start drinking like my life depends on it. After that turning point bags of chips are opened and emptied to the lest crumbs. When I get home I open my fridge and eat everything that is in my sight. Then I’ll take some cheese or crackers with me to bed, and halfway trough I fall asleep. I totally loose control and turn into a gluttonous caveman.

This happens every weekend even though during the week I feel no urge to do this.
As you can imagine I kill all the progress I made during the week.

I think this pattern repeats itself bc I am so used to throwing my life away in the weekend that I don’t know better. Also my social environment revolves around binge drinking in the weekends.

Do you guys have any tips on how to break this cycle?

:ogre:
I am planning on moving after summer, and finding a new friend circle in the city where ill continue my study.
Should I have the additude of: these friends are temporary and you’ll make better ones next semester; cut them off from your life and play minecraft or watch a movie on Fridays or something.
Or should I look inwards and try to break the cycle by looking at what congnitions cause the urge to binge drink even tough I know it doesn’t match my intrinsic motivation.

Last questions: what do you guys do on a Friday night if you’re not consuming any alcohol?

That’s everything thanks for reading of you made it here.
Dont stop going out and drinking with friends. I stopped going out and I am a virgin because of it. If you ever want to get laid dont stop bro

• +1
Reactions: Hortensia
Dont stop going out and drinking with friends. I stopped going out and I am a virgin because of it. If you ever want to get laid dont stop bro
i am not a virgin. i was thinking of doing one step back to do two forward.

• +1
Reactions: whiteislandpill
Just learn to get drunk more efficiently (vodka basically) and simply have more self control w eating while drunk. Never say no to friends or plans cuz of muh diet, you’ll regret it in the future

hell nah those r real friends

Yes cut them off if really sets you back especially if you want the progress

Dnr, never cut off relationships with friends, even if they are not deep relationships

I say this from experience, social circle is crucial