Should I dermaroll my hairline, if I'm still in the regrowth phase of my hair transplant?

Gargantuan

Gargantuan

Mod
Staff
As some of you may already know, I had a hair transplant back in January of this year and even though the new hairs are coming along nicely (I've only completed about 1/3 of the entire regrowth process thus far, so it is still early days and there's plenty more to come, still), but I was wondering if dermarolling would enhance my hairline even further, at this stage?

I suggested this idea when I had a checkup at the hair transplant clinic, last week. And even though they didn't necessarily advise me NOT to use a dermaroller, they made it clear that they were not big proponents of dermarolling in general. And instead, they perceived fin and/or minox in a more positive light.

My current routine consists of fin, 1mg, 3x a week + Regenepure DR shampoo (with ketoconazole) twice a week, and 5% minoxidil (should be applying it twice daily, but have not always been consistent with it, to be fair).

Should I add dermarolling to this? And if so, 0.5, 1.0, or 1.5mm? I do feel like my current routine is sufficient, at least for now, especially given the fact that I've only completed a small portion of the regrowth phase thus far, but maybe dermarolling would be helpful in the long run.

• JFL
  • +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Deleted member 13511, OOGABOOGA and xefo
Maby

• +1
Reactions: Gargantuan
Don't overdo it, you should wait and see the results of the final product, then take action according to what you are missing.

• +1
Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: LastHopeForNorman, OOGABOOGA, Chowdog and 1 other person
Dr. William Rassman advises against using dermaroller on transplanted areas as it can introduce folliculitis

Also, even if you decide to dermaroll you should wait until your transplant has healed completely, which doesnt seem to be the case yet, based on what you've described.
I mean, it has been healed for a long time now. However, as I described, I should expect the process of regrowth to continue up until late 2021/early 2022. So maybe dermarolling isn't my best bet in the current conditions.

• +1
Reactions: Chowdog
Mump, need more input

@OOGABOOGA what do you reckon bro

• JFL
Reactions: OOGABOOGA
Cold showers and semen retention will fix hair loss.

• JFL
Reactions: OOGABOOGA
Nigga you’re crazy do not do that

• JFL
Ok I will stick to fin+minox for now.
Cope, when you do nofap you maintain higher levels of vitamin C, calcium, chlorine, citric acid, fructose, lactic acid, magnesium, nitrogen, phosphorus, potassium, sodium, vitamin B12, and zinc. That's the best way to stop hair loss.

• JFL
Reactions: mug and OOGABOOGA
Cope, when you do nofap you maintain higher levels of vitamin C, calcium, chlorine, citric acid, fructose, lactic acid, magnesium, nitrogen, phosphorus, potassium, sodium, vitamin B12, and zinc. That's the best way to stop hair loss.
Dont make me warn you for shitposting in the looksmaxing section :ogre:

• Woah
Reactions: Deleted member 13511
  • Woah