Should I drop out of university and get into a trade?

sub5pslathlete

sub5pslathlete

Solstice
i do marketing at a shit university rn but at the university its in a very good city in the UK, i have networked and met alot of good people, i know deep in the back of my mind i wont be able to get a HIGH paying job out of university, i wanted to go into tech sales but hmmm idk, another thing that drags me in is the sports i play high level basketball at my university and we are a very prestigious college for sports.
but yeah let me know ur thoughts

• +1
Reactions: 6PSLcel, owlofathena and Marsiere214
Its over if your doing marketing. Im not in the UK but here in the US i was able to get a job at marketing straight out of high school and the pay was 19$ an hour. It seems that marketing agencies prefer to train newbies but im not all that familiar of the industry. Id say if it fails do a postbacc and do PA school. If its ur first year just drop out and do Nursing.

• +1
Reactions: UrGirlsMcm, 6PSLcel, RealNinja and 2 others
JFL at asking random indians on here for life advice

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Swarthy Knight, Deleted member 66828, wishIwasSalludon and 9 others
JFL at asking random indians on here for life advice

• JFL
  • Love it
Reactions: iabsolvejordan, RealNinja, owlofathena and 2 others
i do marketing at a shit university rn but at the university its in a very good city in the UK, i have networked and met alot of good people, i know deep in the back of my mind i wont be able to get a HIGH paying job out of university, i wanted to go into tech sales but hmmm idk, another thing that drags me in is the sports i play high level basketball at my university and we are a very prestigious college for sports.
I think that this will be the best years of your life and I think you should enjoy it and not drop out. Continue partying, make connections, if you have the money for it. If you don't, and you're going into debt, then maybe I would consider the trade route.

Me personally, I really don't care about the university experience, I am transferring in my later years, so I can join the Navy. My only goal in life is to have a beautiful wife and kids. And I think this entire university experience is temporary, it will fade. I think what would really make me happy is earning the money to have my long-term goals; it is a risk, but I want to feel satiated with the feeling that I tried everything possible.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: sub5pslathlete
Its over if your doing marketing. Im not in the UK but here in the US i was able to get a job at marketing straight out of high school and the pay was 19$ an hour. It seems that marketing agencies prefer to train newbies but im not all that familiar of the industry. Id say if it fails do a postbacc and do PA school. If its ur first year just drop out and do Nursing.
What’s PA school

• +1
Reactions: Marsiere214
Why didn't you do something stem related? It's the most interesting to me and also high paying. Computer science, electrical engineering, chemical engineering all very good. I have never been interested in becoming a doctor or lawyer for example but they are also good of course.

Why didn't you do something stem related? It's the most interesting to me and also high paying. Computer science, electrical engineering, chemical engineering all very good. I have never been interested in becoming a doctor or lawyer for example but they are also good of course.
i am like below retarded level in maths u would actually cry

• +1
Reactions: owlofathena
i am like below retarded level in maths u would actually cry
Maths has lots of different topics I am terrible at arithmetic worded questions but am good at algebra, Pythagoras, graphs etc. Most of the engineering maths is stuff like algebra, calculus, formula mix in with some physics.

• +1
Maths has lots of different topics I am terrible at arithmetic worded questions but am good at algebra, Pythagoras, graphs etc. Most of the engineering maths is stuff like algebra, calculus, formula mix in with some physics.
I wish I was good at matjs
Genuinely I’m so retarded at it I literally struggled with fractions during my GCSEs

• +1
I wish I was good at matjs
Genuinely I’m so retarded at it I literally struggled with fractions during my GCSEs
You should do something your interested in but is also high paying. Like if you were interested in social care but the money is terrible so it's not worth it. Consider joining the police that's high paying especially at the top ranks. You can also work part time in police at least where am from. If you have oil rigs in your country those jobs are also high paying.

• +1
You should do something your interested in but is also high paying. Like if you were interested in social care but the money is terrible so it's not worth it. Consider joining the police that's high paying especially at the top ranks. You can also work part time in police at least where am from. If you have oil rigs in your country those jobs are also high paying.
I was considering security but some dude on here said I’m nowhere near intimidating enough for it so yeah

• +1
I was considering security but some dude on here said I’m nowhere near intimidating enough for it so yeah
You just need to be intimating if your a bouncer or bodyguard.

• +1
Trade jobs I really don't know too much about. The ones people usually go for are plumbing and plastering. I really haven't look into trade jobs that much so don't take my advice.

• +1
Just do gang signs.

• WTF
do whatever u want, enjoy life while u can. Subhumans with below 120 Spatial IQ will become useless in 5 years time so unless u do some fucked up maths or phys its over.

• +1
How long have you been in school for, and how much has it cost you? Do you have student loans to repay?

• +1
How long have you been in school for, and how much has it cost you? Do you have student loans to repay?
Just one year
Going into my second year in September
it costs me 17,000 a year

Just study computer science and get into coding. Good job opportunities if you're good and you can even work remotely if you want

• +1
Just win the lottery. It’s easy

• +1
Just one year
Yeah dude I wouldn’t take on debt like that for a fucking marketing degree… I’m not going to say you NEED TO JOIN THE TRADES BRO because I’m going to college too. Switch to a stem degree. I’m in the same situation as you, also not good at math and doing a STEM degree. You just have to buckle down and study hard. You can manage it if you don’t do one of the hardest Stem degrees like electrical engineering

• +1
Just study computer science and get into coding. Good job opportunities if you're good and you can even work remotely if you want
subhuman advice, this will make him sub5

op don’t do this

• +1
Reactions: iabsolvejordan and sub5pslathlete
Ye ain’t trynna get computer science posture
not only that, your work for your entire life is rotting in your home with no social life and friends

suicide fuel if you ask me

• +1
not only that, your work for your entire life is rotting in your home with no social life and friends

suicide fuel if you ask me
Fax
I’m gonna try an apprenticeship if I get one if not I’m gonna internshipmaxx to hopefully get a good grad job

• +1
Reactions: Funnyunenjoyer1
marketing will put you in closer proximity to women compared to trades and has higher status. their probably about equal in terms of money. marketing probably has a higher salary at the top. make sure to do good in uni and get internships. maybe even start a smma just so you can put it on cv (focus on getting grades tho before extras)

• +1
in america trades pay a lot more, most guys can get easily 75-100k $ in their first 2 years of working, but overtime is mandatory and required. Most work between 60-90 hours a week, and its 6 days a week .

Its not sustainable in the long run but its a good job as you will work like a dog in the appretice ship face but once you get into a union then you can get better hours and better pay.

You could do that, or do security work .

Most security work gives you like either over time or easy to find another shift.

• +1
Nope dont drop

• +1
in america trades pay a lot more, most guys can get easily 75-100k $ in their first 2 years of working, but overtime is mandatory and required. Most work between 60-90 hours a week, and its 6 days a week .

Its not sustainable in the long run but its a good job as you will work like a dog in the appretice ship face but once you get into a union then you can get better hours and better pay.

You could do that, or do security work .

Most security work gives you like either over time or easy to find another shift.
I’m not intimidating enough for security

I’m not intimidating enough for security
The good news is at least in america they'll hire anyone, and I have seen plenty of skinny security guards. Your getting it mixed up with bouncer roles. Those guys are required to be jacked since they gotta break up fights with drunk idiots.

Security guards on the other hand, their not supposed to do shit if things escalate, but have to get the cops called. They get in trouble if they pursue suspects too aggressively. Its much more of just stopping shit from happening by their presence alone in high end stores or just walking around to make sure ghettho people don't get into fights or do a mass robbery.

• +1
Reactions: blackpiller954 and sub5pslathlete
The good news is at least in america they'll hire anyone, and I have seen plenty of skinny security guards. Your getting it mixed up with bouncer roles. Those guys are required to be jacked since they gotta break up fights with drunk idiots.

Security guards on the other hand, their not supposed to do shit if things escalate, but have to get the cops called. They get in trouble if they pursue suspects too aggressively. Its much more of just stopping shit from happening by their presence alone in high end stores or just walking around to make sure ghettho people don't get into fights or do a mass robbery.
I’m from the uk sadly bro

I’m from the uk sadly bro
Does the UK require them to be muscular. Cause I see plenty of somalis with pencil necks at the malls in america.

Thet

• +1
he lives in the UK, US pays PAs and docs well. They aren't compensated as well over their. Plenty of docs quit.
I say switch to finance/tech play the 9-5 game and invest in sides, take risks for businesses

• +1
Reactions: sub5pslathlete and Marsiere214
he lives in the UK, US pays PAs and docs well. They aren't compensated as well over their. Plenty of docs quit.
I say switch to finance/tech play the 9-5 game and invest in sides, take risks for businesses
i disagree i think PAs are also well paid in the uk in fact id argue better than doctors coz of less debt and also pa pay is not accurate because they work less than doctors. U need to double the PAs pay and ull see how much they get paid. Finance is a giga nepo baby field, they prolly only accept "posh kids" in the uk but idk maybe u know something i dont.

If you are not a chad you should drop out of a window

• +1
liverpool or manchester is where op is from

• +1
Are you unable to switch majors? I wouldn't recommend dropping out regardless, if things don't work out for you after uni you can consider the trades but at least you won't have the regret of not having followed through with your degree.

• +1
Reactions: Marsiere214 and sub5pslathlete
crypto

• +1
Are you unable to switch majors? I wouldn't recommend dropping out regardless, if things don't work out for you after uni you can consider the trades but at least you won't have the regret of not having followed through with your degree.
I can switch majors

i disagree i think PAs are also well paid in the uk in fact id argue better than doctors coz of less debt and also pa pay is not accurate because they work less than doctors. U need to double the PAs pay and ull see how much they get paid. Finance is a giga nepo baby field, they prolly only accept "posh kids" in the uk but idk maybe u know something i dont.
You think vs reality bruh. It’s literal shit. He’s better off being a street pharmacist or working manual labor.

• +1
Just one year
bruh you live in USA?
17k a year for college is crazy
In Europe some pay 100$ jfl

You think vs reality bruh. It’s literal shit. He’s better off being a street pharmacist or working manual labor.
did u really mention pharmacy as a vaiable career in 2024? thats the most oversaturated job on the market and jfl at u talking about reality when u just mentioned "manual labour". Manual labor just allows u to pay ur bills giga over for iqcels
Ur next advice is turbo low iq as well "just do finance bro" just do the most overly saturated field where only people with connections succeed and most of the finance nigs barely pay their rent. Hes supposed to make a business whilst not knowing anything about any field with zero job experience and hes also to risk the little money he has into stocks that he has zero idea about. What can i expect form a forum literred with high schoolers or with absolute failures of life please use common sense or at the very least do some research before u post.

• +1
Reactions: iabsolvejordan