Should i get 0.1% tret?

TsarTsar444

TsarTsar444

Asexual peaceful balkan monk
Or 0.05? Tried 0.05 for almost 3 months 1 year ago, didn't notice any changes. Wanna do 0.1% this time, nit sure if it will be dangerous

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Deleted member 13787 and Zias
Starting off with 0.1% tret will make beginners's face red as fuck, sore, and flaky which will take days for them to get over. If 0.05 didn't do much, definetly go for 0.1.

It all depends how much you apply though and whether you'd have the cream or gel. Gel is more potent.

Im starting tret soon, will start off with 0.025, apply more and more till I take it every day. Switch to 0.05 and try to take that as much as possible. Then maybe 0.1%. Trust me when I say this, many people can't even handle 0.1% without peeling or soreness/redness.

Just get it from Indiamart. It's ridiculously cheap like 1-3 dollars per tube.

• +1
Reactions: WadlowMaxxing, Deleted member 2729 and TsarTsar444
Starting off with 0.1% tret will make beginners's face red as fuck, sore, and flaky which will take days for them to get over. If 0.05 didn't do much, definetly go for 0.1.

It all depends how much you apply though and whether you'd have the cream or gel. Gel is more potent.

Im starting tret soon, will start off with 0.025, apply more and more till I take it every day. Switch to 0.05 and try to take that as much as possible. Then maybe 0.1%. Trust me when I say this, many people can't even handle 0.1% without peeling or soreness/redness.

Just get it from Indiamart. It's ridiculously cheap like 1-3 dollars per tube.
But will the peeling and redness with 0.1% stop after some time? Also is it dangerous?

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Deleted member 13787, Zias and Deleted member 2729
But will the peeling and redness with 0.1% stop after some time? Also is it dangerous?
Will stop yea make sure to have a moisterizer at hand. Not dangerous afaik as long as you use sunscreen

• So Sad
Reactions: TsarTsar444
Will stop yea make sure to have a moisterizer at hand. Not dangerous afaik as long as you use sunscreen
I need sunscreen too?? Is it rlly necessary? Im broke aff

• JFL
  • Love it
Reactions: coispet, Deleted member 13787 and Deleted member 2729
I need sunscreen too?? Is it rlly necessary? Im broke aff
Well if you stay inside a lot and apply only in the evening it could work. I use adapalen 0,3% and also do not use sunscreen. However, tret is alittle different and it's definitely recommended to use sunscreen when using retinoids that's for sure.

• So Sad
Reactions: TsarTsar444
Well if you stay inside a lot and apply only in the evening it could work. I use adapalen 0,3% and also do not use sunscreen. However, tret is alittle different and it's definitely recommended to use sunscreen when using retinoids that's for sure.
Moisturizer and cleanser as well?? Brutal

• So Sad
  • Love it
Reactions: Deleted member 13787 and Deleted member 2729
Moisturizer and cleanser as well?? Brutal
You don't need cleanser. And you can manage without moisturizing but your skin will hurt and be even more flaky it's really unpleasent. Most important thing would prob be sunscreen from a medical POV

Some users will go months through this "peeling phase". Some even 1,5 years. I've been researching, and asking around and it seems the consensus with retinoids kind of has two camps: one school of thought is that peeling will happen, and that it's best to just accept it and power through until it stops. Others say that the correct move is to discontinue use until the peeling stops and to then cut down to a couple days a week.

In my opinion peeling for a long time is NOT how is is supposed to be. You need to go through the peeling phase for sure. But it is key to hydrate the skin as best as you can. That's why you see all the people with succes results on reddit/r/tretinoin with super glowing, almost oily skin. Cause they hydrate the fuck out of their skin. (I think)

So no it is not dangerous. It is key of the process, so you need to accept that when your skin starts retinizing aka getting used to the retinoids it will feel dry and flaky, and therefore needs hydration.