Should I get mse + bimax or cope with only bimax

A

ascenscionisnear

Iron
So here is my dilemma, I figure I got two options when it comes to my ascension. Option one is getting mse or sarpe prior to bimax. Option 2 is getting only bimax. To put it into perspective I am 23 years old my IMW is 32mm and I can see 6-8 teeth when I smile depending on the lighting (mostly 6 or 7)

Option 1 pros:
Get a wider more aesthetic smile
Better nasal breathing.

Option 2 pros:
Cheaper
Get to ascend quicker

Option 1 cons:
More expensive
Will delay ascension by about 8 months
Will need to get Invisalign

Option 2 cons:
Won’t have a wide smile

I’m open to all advice and I appreciate you guys taking the time to respond. Thank you.

So here is my dilemma, I figure I got two options when it comes to my ascension. Option one is getting mse or sarpe prior to bimax. Option 2 is getting only bimax. To put it into perspective I am 23 years old my IMW is 32mm and I can see 6-8 teeth when I smile depending on the lighting (mostly 6 or 7)

Option 1 pros:
Get a wider more aesthetic smile
Better nasal breathing.

Option 2 pros:
Cheaper
Get to ascend quicker

Option 1 cons:
More expensive
Will delay ascension by about 8 months
Will need to get Invisalign

Option 2 cons:
Won’t have a wide smile

I’m open to all advice and I appreciate you guys taking the time to respond. Thank you.
8 months tradeoff is worth it, to have a wider palate. But only if u have lower palate aswell. If option 1 also includes widening of the lower palate, go for that option, if not, option 2 all day.

• +1
Reactions: ascenscionisnear
8 months tradeoff is worth it, to have a wider palate. But only if u have lower palate aswell. If option 1 also includes widening of the lower palate, go for that option, if not, option 2 all day.
My bluepilled childhood orthodontist tilted my lower teeth inwards to fix my bite. The new ortho I’m speaking to said they could straighten them out to widen the lower arch.

My bluepilled childhood orthodontist tilted my lower teeth inwards to fix my bite. The new ortho I’m speaking to said they could straighten them out to widen the lower arch.
go with that option, as inward teeth = narrower jaw, basically straightening them will also widen ur jaw, so do option 1, 8 months is nothing in the long run

how do you look like?

SARPE is retarded and pointless if they can do a 3-piece LF1 with bone grafting to correct your transverse deficiency

• +1
Reactions: longjohnmong
SARPE is retarded and pointless if they can do a 3-piece LF1 with bone grafting to correct your transverse deficiency
From what I’ve heard isn’t segmented lefort quite unstable, and only able to offer 5mm of total expansion? I have considered getting a segmented lefort instead but I’m worried about not expanding enough and relapse.

From what I’ve heard isn’t segmented lefort quite unstable, and only able to offer 5mm of total expansion? I have considered getting a segmented lefort instead but I’m worried about not expanding enough and relapse.
its totally stable, raffaini does it also for example go ask him if its stable or not lol

do the long road. mse and wide palate mogs.

i did it too, idc it took me a year it was worth it (not like there was any drastic change but still)

• +1
Reactions: ascenscionisnear
SARPE is less stable, at least when this study was conducted:

"In the SARPE group, the average increase in the intercanine and intermolar distance was +8.5 and +7mm, respectively. In the Le Fort I bipartition group, the average respective increase was +2.75 and +3.75mm. Two years after expansion, in the SARPE group, the intercanine distance decreased by 2.5mm or 28% of the overall expansion, and the intermolar distance decreased by 3.0mm or 36% of the overall expansion. In the Le Fort I bipartition group, the intercanine distance decreased by 0.25mm or 25% of the overall expansion, and the intermolar distance decreased by 0.75mm or 20% of the overall expansion."

So after 2 years average 4mm intermolar w/ SARPE vs. 3mm intermolar w/ segmental Lefort. And maybe they weren't even done relapsing.

SARPE is less stable, at least when this study was conducted:

"In the SARPE group, the average increase in the intercanine and intermolar distance was +8.5 and +7mm, respectively. In the Le Fort I bipartition group, the average respective increase was +2.75 and +3.75mm. Two years after expansion, in the SARPE group, the intercanine distance decreased by 2.5mm or 28% of the overall expansion, and the intermolar distance decreased by 3.0mm or 36% of the overall expansion. In the Le Fort I bipartition group, the intercanine distance decreased by 0.25mm or 25% of the overall expansion, and the intermolar distance decreased by 0.75mm or 20% of the overall expansion."

So after 2 years average 4mm intermolar w/ SARPE vs. 3mm intermolar w/ segmental Lefort. And maybe they weren't even done relapsing.
Hey can I pm pictures of my palate?