Should I mine crypto? Minercels GTFIH!!

Bitch

Bitch

‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎
I'm a broke 18 yo and my dad bought me a 1500 $ gaming PC for Christmas that I only use 1x a week max, because I mostly rot on my Macbook while laying in my bed.

Now I keep my gaming PC downstairs in a special room. Now I've been thinking if it would be smart to maybe start mining and I also don't have to pay for electricity because I live with my parents and I have a GTX 2060 graphics card, with which NiceHash told me I could make around 1 $ a day give or take.

But the room downstairs is closed down and the airflow is pretty bad in there and I'm assuming it gets pretty warm in there pretty quickly.

Would mining destroy my graphics card more than gaming, since I use this PC like 1x a week, would mining destroy my graphics card more than if I played games on it every day like an average consumer?

Please let me know... Also would the heat in the room kill it, and would I need an extra regular fan there to blow into my PC to cool it so the graphics card wouldn't overheat since it's summer?

How much mining is "safe" to do before it starts harming your GPU?

Screenshot 2022 08 19 at 225037

why want to make 1 usd a day?

• JFL
  • WTF
Reactions: n0rthface, Crusile, chawaje and 1 other person
I mean you can but mining got fucking nuked when the crash happened.

You need to scale with multiple cards, doing it with 1 card is pointless.

It's all about volume.

There is a reason so many GPUs are being sold at the moment and its because its much harder for it to be profitable.

Notice how GPUs are affordable again.

That $1 was probably 3x that a while ago.

• +1
Reactions: Bitch
I mean you can but mining got fucking nuked when the crash happened.

You need to scale with multiple cards, doing it with 1 card is pointless.

It's all about volume.

There is a reason so many GPUs are being sold at the moment and its because its much harder for it to be profitable.

Notice how GPUs are affordable again.

That $1 was probably 3x that a while ago.
Yeah but crypto is very low rn and I could mine these coins for free and then either keep them and hodl until there is a new bull run or sell them and go get some ice cream at McDonalds and feel like a boss because I didn't have to use my parents' money or wageslave...

My main concern is, would this fuck up my GPU hard, especially during summer?

Yeah but crypto is very low rn and I could mine these coins for free and then either keep them and hodl until there is a new bull run or sell them and go get some ice cream at McDonalds and feel like a boss because I didn't have to use my parents' money or wageslave...

My main concern is, would this fuck up my GPU hard, especially during summer?
A 2060 will probably last 2 years mining, maybe more, if that is all its doing.

• +1
i'd honestly say its the best time to invest in graphic cards. just look at it, everyone panics, even if you dont get profit from mining crypto, you can sell the cards some months later, when it all stops.
so simply buy cards, and mine something else than etherum

• +1
You're gonna let your parents spend all that money on electricity because you want a focking ice cream at McDonald's everyday?

• JFL
  • Love it
Reactions: Deleted member 22971, Crusile and latincell95

Mining diamonds is way more profitable

• JFL
  • JFL
Reactions: latincell95