Should I pursue Accounting?

Deleted member 10172

Deleted member 10172

CEO of Cope
I'm doing Accounting right now as a Junior I have an internship over the summer, I'm going to be making 15$ an hour.

Should I pursue Accounting as a career job?

What do u guys think?

Wouldn't me doing Accounting allow me to work remotely which is good and I would probably make enough to buy the surgeries I need in 3 years?

Since I'm an accountant I would be able to be organized and make sure all payments are accurately priced.

@goat2x @Proex @kjsbdfiusdf

• +1
Reactions: Lux, Deleted member 7866, Deleted member 6963 and 5 others
No

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Lars, Deleted member 10524, Deleted member 8765 and 2 others
Unless you like to rot on a desk doing chads finances for him

• +1
Reactions: Lars, Deleted member 10524 and lutte
do you like maths and sitting behind an office for years
bc it's one of the most boring wagie jobs possible

if you answered yes then sure
but also don't expect to pay off your surgeries in 3 years, it's a slow climb to a good salary

• +1
Reactions: Lars, Deleted member 6128, Deleted member 1476 and 6 others
do you like maths and sitting behind an office for years
bc it's one of the most boring wagie jobs possible

if you answered yes then sure
but also don't expect to pay off your surgeries in 3 years, it's a slow climb to a good salary
Accounting isn't really math it's more about the knowledge about finances and knowing Excel

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 5292, Deleted member 6963, Deleted member 6273 and 4 others
Out of the undergrad business degrees its the best. But automation will wipe out the lower level accountants in the future.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1476, Deleted member 5292, Deleted member 10524 and 1 other person
Accounting isn't really math it's more about the knowledge about finances and knowing Excel
it is math heavy jfl, at least studying it it's math heavy

source: have a brother that majored in it

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 6273, Subhuman Philtrum and WadlowMaxxing
I did an accounting course and I fucking hated it (I was good at it), mind numbingly boring work, legitimately gets mogged by marketing
Anything in Economics, Finance or even business is better, also I'm pretty sure accounting is gonna be obsolete in a few years with AI

Start reading this and lets see how far you get.

If you can't survive reading for 10 minutes without blowing your brains out, you might wanna reconsider

I did an accounting course and I fucking hated it (I was good at it), mind numbingly boring work, legitimately gets mogged by marketing
Anything in Economics, Finance or even business is better, also I'm pretty sure accounting is gonna be obsolete in a few years with AI
So now what am I supposed to do with my life

i pursue ur mum

• JFL
Reactions: The Bleach Pill
Shits too hard for me jfl
Bro I thought eng is ez then medicine and cs, cs I JAVE not clue ab coding and medicine not about to spend 11 years

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 6273 and goat2x
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6273 and goat2x
My uncle was an accounting boss. He became the accounting manager of the local railway company, he had a nice big office and a hot secretary. He also opened a private accounting company and put his wife to do the work for him on a computer. Through his connections he also taught courses at a private university, he had many streams of income.

• Woah
  • +1
Reactions: turkproducer and Deleted member 10172
i guess. moderately high earning but not many interactions with ppl ngl. good for aspies.

i'm not sure how safe accounting is in the long run. since so much work is getting automised and it really isn't a complex job

basically plugging numbers into an excel sheet and comparing it to the companies records, things that can easily be done by AI

• +1
Reactions: MassacredMyBoy
it is math heavy jfl, at least studying it it's math heavy

source: have a brother that majored in it
It's really not. I'm in my last semester doing my undergrad in accounting, and you're mostly learning processes and procedures(step by step actions) for specific and different topics.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 5292
i'm not sure how safe accounting is in the long run. since so much work is getting automised and it really isn't a complex job

basically plugging numbers into an excel sheet and comparing it to the companies records, things that can easily be done by AI
Yeah, the more they're able to make it 'insert number here' for the layman, the more disposable your job is. Also, from what I've looked at, the pay is shit. If you want to further protect your job you'd want to at least become a CPA, but that requires more hours on top of your undergrad hours(I think 30).

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 10172 and Deleted member 7098
You could always get the degree and work in something else. I feel like a lot of accounting information is easily transferable and attractive to employers.

• +1
Reactions: turkproducer and Deleted member 10172
it is math heavy jfl, at least studying it it's math heavy.
ZUeCbT5

Bro I thought eng is ez then medicine and cs, cs I JAVE not clue ab coding and medicine not about to spend 11 years

In terms of difficulty of content

Engineering (especially electrical and computer)> computer science> medicine.

In terms of gain

Medicine> computer science >= engineering (depends on the field)

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Deleted member 5292 and Deleted member 6191
In terms of difficulty of content

Engineering (especially electrical and computer)> computer science> medicine.

In terms of gain

Medicine> computer science >= engineering (depends on the field)
Uhhhh what?
Disregarding computer science [my point is I can't learn it well enough before september 2021 to take the course, so I'd be behind and learn less], I have multiple friends in medicine, and they say the work is stressful and difficult to learn. Maybe not the content like you're saying but I guess the worldload.
Engineering [mech eng is most likely what im goping into] seems like the most streamlined thing I can do, im fine with 50-60k starting, since my household income is sig less rn.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6273
i guess. moderately high earning but not many interactions with ppl ngl. good for aspies.
That's why I want to do it, so I interact with people less.

• Love it
Reactions: Deleted member 4209
Uhhhh what?
Disregarding computer science [my point is I can't learn it well enough before september 2021 to take the course, so I'd be behind and learn less], I have multiple friends in medicine, and they say the work is stressful and difficult to learn. Maybe not the content like you're saying but I guess the worldload.
Engineering [mech eng is most likely what im goping into] seems like the most streamlined thing I can do, im fine with 50-60k starting, since my household income is sig less rn.

Medicine isn't really that difficult it's mostly based on memorization and they are multiple techniques that can help you succeed. If .you manage your time well and you aren't an absolute retard anyone can do well in medicine same can't be said for engineering though

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Deleted member 5292 and Deleted member 6191
Medicine isn't really that difficult it's mostly based on memorization and they are multiple techniques that can help you succeed. If .you manage your time well and you aren't an absolute retard anyone can do well in medicine same can't be said for engineering though
That's probably true as well, though I can't take it jfl since I haven't taken bio, maybe next sem I'll see, thanks.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6273
just work a dead end job and get dementia from melting your brain with microsoft excel theory

• JFL
Reactions: Lars, sytyl and Deleted member 4209
just work a dead end job and get dementia from melting your brain with microsoft excel theory
Why do you say its a dead end job? Plus don't u want me to get money so I can ascend or some shit

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1862
I'm doing Accounting right now as a Junior I have an internship over the summer, I'm going to be making 15$ an hour.

Should I pursue Accounting as a career job?

What do u guys think?

Wouldn't me doing Accounting allow me to work remotely which is good and I would probably make enough to buy the surgeries I need in 3 years?

Since I'm an accountant I would be able to be organized and make sure all payments are accurately priced.

@goat2x @Proex @kjsbdfiusdf
No I have a family member in Accounting and it´s an extremely cucked profession

Why do you say its a dead end job? Plus don't u want me to get money so I can ascend or some shit
there are better jobs that are less cucked & pay more, explore STEM more

Why do u say that
The work is boring and repetitive but stressful at the same time with constant deadlines, most of the people working in it are subhuman cucks, it´s honestly the worst office job there is for you mentally.

there are better jobs that are less cucked & pay more, explore STEM more
just go stem bruh xd

fuck stem
itll make you blow your brains out

The work is boring and repetitive but stressful at the same time with constant deadlines, most of the people working in it are subhuman cucks, it´s honestly the worst office job there is for you mentally.
But I am a subhuman though... are you sure I shouldnt do it? I mean what other jobs should I do then? I honestly don't know what to do with my life

just go stem bruh xd

fuck stem
itll make you blow your brains out
nah, not if you're clever ngl

i go to one of the best unis in my country & my friends & I would just party & do fuck all most of the year, only cram for a few weeks before exams & most of us are doing well

nah, not if you're clever ngl

i go to one of the best unis in my country & my friends & I would just party & do fuck all most of the year, only cram for a few weeks before exams & most of us are doing well
whats your major

But I am a subhuman though... are you sure I shouldnt do it? I mean what other jobs should I do then? I honestly don't know what to do with my life
become an orthopedic surgeon

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1862
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 9699