Should I remove my braces now

JCaesar

JCaesar

ascend or rope
The last thing left before getting them removed would be closing my small front teeth gap but I'm scared that might change how my face looks or narrow my palate even more. I also have a gap between my left canine and incisor and my face kinda looks like it's grown inwards (more flat) on that side so idk. I've also had to wear elastics which people say is pretty bad.

Is it worth to remove them now? I didn't want to have to stay with them till the end of the year cause I can't do hard chewing on mastic gum with them and I guess the more I wait the less progress I'll make.

• +1
Reactions: Mrinfinityx
The last thing left before getting them removed would be closing my small front teeth gap but I'm scared that might change how my face looks or narrow my palate even more. I also have a gap between my left canine and incisor and my face kinda looks like it's grown inwards (more flat) on that side so idk. I've also had to wear elastics which people say is pretty bad.

Is it worth to remove them now? I didn't want to have to stay with them till the end of the year cause I can't do hard chewing on mastic gum with them and I guess the more I wait the less progress I'll make.
If ur orthodontist was a serious fella he would have enlarged ur maxillaries with your leftover growth potential without extraction before proceeding to the braces and alignment of teeth, there is many appliances for that like BIOMAX and co

RPE 1
Fixed functional appliances 1

• +1
Reactions: JCaesar
If ur orthodontist was a serious fella he would have enlarged ur maxillaries with your leftover growth potential without extraction before proceeding to the braces and alignment of teeth, there is many appliances for that like BIOMAX and co

View attachment 2393215View attachment 2393216
I mean I did have this as a kid:

I think thats supposed to widen your palate?

My palate is still assymetrical tho (smaller on my left side) and I have a deep bite and those teeth gaps like from the canine to incisors.

What would you recommend? I'm 15 and a half rn so maybe I can still widen my palate or something I guess

• +1
Elastics that fix bites are bad for braces. Fixing a small gap shouldn’t really do much.

• +1
View attachment 2393217

My palate is still assymetrical tho (smaller on my left side) and I have a deep bite and those teeth gaps like from the canine to incisors.

What would you recommend? I'm 15 and a half rn so maybe I can still widen my palate or something I guess
Yes do an X-ray of the mouth and see if the bone is fused or not.

View attachment 2393217

Did it work with a screwdriver to enlarge each day ? Otherwise it was close to cope

• +1
Elastics that fix bites are bad for braces. Fixing a small gap shouldn’t really do much.
I did wear some elastics to "help" with my overbite it seems (just fucking lol my dentist apparently only told me that now when I asked her). Is there hope for me to reverse their effects (that is if they caused recession, idk) by removing the braces now?

I wore them for that around last year or 2 years ago I think.

I did wear some elastics to "help" with my overbite it seems (just fucking lol my dentist apparently only told me that now when I asked her). Is there hope for me to reverse their effects (that is if they caused recession, idk) by removing the braces now?

I wore them for that around last year or 2 years ago I think.
Did you wear the ones that connect from the front teeth to the back teeth and pull it back or just the ones in between the teeth?

Did it work with a screwdriver to enlarge each day ? Otherwise it was close to cope
I'm not sure if it was cope, I was like 11 when I wore it so shouldn't that work? I mean I think it was for my left canine to actually have space to come in and well it did come in lol, altho I have that gap between him and my incisor now.

I'm not sure if it was cope, I was like 11 when I wore it so shouldn't that work? I mean I think it was for my left canine to actually have space to come in and well it did come in lol, altho I have that gap between him and my incisor now.
Wait actually I remember she did use a screwdriver-like tool on my mouth jfl

• +1
If ur palate is asymetrical it is maybe because ur alveolar bones supporting ur teeth (aswell as teeth ofc) moved over years and caused this asymmetry by unphysiological bite forces and tongue posture in the long run, that s called a recidive if the treatment was made as a kid and it is pretty common with growth during puberty or even after

• +1
Did you wear the ones that connect from the front teeth to the back teeth and pull it back or just the ones in between the teeth?
From what I remember I think it connected my canines from the upper teeth to the back teeth of the lower, is that bad?

If ur palate is asymetrical it is maybe because ur alveolar bones supporting ur teeth (aswell as teeth ofc) moved over years and caused this asymmetry by unphysiological bite forces and tongue posture in the long run, that s called a recidive if the treatment was made as a kid and it is pretty common
I chewed more on my right side which is larger, my left side of the face is also kinda droopy like the lower jaw is slanted down to the left and I'm pretty sure my upper teeth are also slanted down to the left on that side (although they sit more into the gums/alveolar), I guess it's because of that? How could I fix that?

• +1
Wait actually I remember she did use a screwdriver-like tool on my mouth jfl
So the palate must be large enough, the problem must be related to alveolar bone misplacement or maybe a growth retardation or inhibited growth potential related to ur age

• +1
It’s not ideal especially during puberty as it can restrict or even recess maxillary growth. Your maxilla grows until 18, so it’s always better to get braces after that age.

• +1
So the palate must be large enough, the problem must be related to alveolar bone misplacement or maybe a growth retardation or inhibited growth potential related to ur age
Is it the alveolar bone that could be causing all the slanted problens and etc? How could I fix all that stuff?

• +1
It’s not ideal especially during puberty as it can restrict or even recess maxillary growth. Your maxilla grows until 18, so it’s always better to get braces after that age.
Shit, I wore them for some time (even though my dentist didn't even tell me that pretty sure jfl). I might be recessed cause my left side of my face looks like it's grown inward or something, it's flat af. How can I reverse all the shit those elastics caused?

Shit, I wore them for some time (even though my dentist didn't even tell me that pretty sure jfl). I might be recessed cause my left side of my face looks like it's grown inward or something, it's flat af. How can I reverse all the shit those elastics caused?
Bimaxillary jaw surgery.

• +1
I chewed more on my right side which is larger, my left side of the face is also kinda droopy like the lower jaw is slanted down to the left and I'm pretty sure my upper teeth are also slanted down to the left on that side (although they sit more into the gums/alveolar), I guess it's because of that? How could I fix that?
U should mix the chewing on the two sides 50 50, ofc if ur occlusion on the left side is missing it must be corrected to balance occlusal forces through all your teeth contact, each of ur deglutition must have a brief teeth contact at the end of the process, those stimulating the proprioreception factor leading to a physiological adaptation of the alveolar bone at an ideal new positioning over time and prevent resorption process aswell through aging, the suture of palate concerning the maxillary bone suture close at around 12 years old so before puberty generally, if u got catched before that there is very few chance than ur maxillary width aswell as global size throught adaptation is recessed

Last edited:
  • +1
Bimaxillary jaw surgery.
Only fixable with surgery? Don't the teeth and bones try to go back to how they were if you remove braces and don't wear retainers or something?

Only fixable with surgery? Don't the teeth and bones try to go back to how they were if you remove braces and don't wear retainers or something?
It doesn’t work like that. If you’ve hindered or messed up your growth during puberty, you won’t get it back to how it was supposed to be. Try it though and see. You can try face pulling or a face mask as well.

• +1
U should mix the chewing on the two sides 50 50, ofc if ur occlusion on the left side is missing it must be corrected to balance occlusal forces through all your teeth contact, each of ur deglutition must have a brief teeth contact at the end of the process, those stimulating the proprioreception factor leading to a physiological adaptation of the alveolar bone at an ideal new positioning over time, the suture of palate concerning the maxillary bone suture at around 12 years old so before puberty generally, if u got cached before that there is very few chance than ur maxillary width aswell as global size thought adaptation is recessed

Huh, I thought maxillas grew till you were an adult. I think if my teeth get "properly" occluded on the left side they would cause imbalance though, my upper jaw is slanted towards the left as well as my lower jaw, my whole left side is a bit droopy. Idk if that was because of braces or expansion. Is there a way to fix that now?

I'm pretty sure my palate is a bit smaller on the left side though.

• +1
It doesn’t work like that. If you’ve hindered or messed up your growth during puberty, you won’t get it back to how it was supposed to be. Try it though and see. You can try face pulling or a face mask as well.
Fuck, I thought teeth got back to how they were after braces. In face pulling you mean something like thumbpulling could work?

I might try to get it checked with a bone surgeon tbh, maybe get some orthodontic device or something, perhaps go on mewing world jfl.

Huh, I thought maxillas grew till you were an adult. I think if my teeth get "properly" occluded on the left side they would cause imbalance though, my upper jaw is slanted towards the left as well as my lower jaw, my whole left side is a bit droopy. Idk if that was because of braces or expansion. Is there a way to fix that now?

I'm pretty sure my palate is a bit smaller on the left side though.
The general width of your maxillary leading to a wide palate is determined mostly until 12 years old on average

• +1
Is it the alveolar bone that could be causing all the slanted problens and etc? How could I fix all that stuff?
Orthodontist techniques with braces and elastics are very effective to stimulate the alveolar bone related to teeth, ofc there is biphasic dose response related to the global force vectors applied, more force dont mean more movement or more growth, it is quite the opposite and can even lead to detrimental effects like gum recession etc

• +1
The general width of your maxillary leading to a wide palate is determined mostly until 12 years old on average
So theres no way to fix all the slanted stuff without surgery?

• +1
Orthodontist techniques with braces and elastics are very effective to stimulate the alveolar bone related to teeth, ofc there is biphasic dose response related to the global force vectors applied, more force dont mean more movement or more growth, it is quite the opposite and can even lead to detrimental effects like gum recession etc
Huh so I guess if u used elastics at this age you could "push" the jawline and alveolar bone up to make them not droopy?

• +1
Huh so I guess if u used elastics at this age you could "push" the jawline and alveolar bone up to make them not droopy?
The only way to fix malocclusion caused by anterior bite for the long run is by braces and elastics with a retainer at the end of treatment during 2 years each night for the consolidation of alveolar bone movement and growth, it means aswell keeping physiological habits concerning tongue posture, bite force (no bruxism or hard clenching) and swallowing processes

Sans titre
GettyImages 1248129329 1024x768

Last edited:
  • +1
So theres no way to fix all the slanted stuff without surgery?
Only surgery if it is still a problem but not before 18 for the surgery (depend on the person as always), i recommand even 21 to be sure because there is many vectors of growth that can have still potential to release in the maxillaries complexes (even if not as much as during puberty or childhood, we are talking about leftovers or "catching up" leftovers)

• +1
The only way to fix malocclusion caused by anterior bite for the long run is by braces and elastics with a retainer at the end of treatment during 2 years each night for the consolidation of alveolar bone movement and growth, it means aswell keeping physiological habits conerning tongue posture, bite force (no bruxism or hard clenching) and swallowing processes

View attachment 2393272View attachment 2393274
But I don't have an anterior bite, I got a deep bite which I think is because of downgrowth but the big problem is my left side being slanted tbh

• +1
Only surgery if it is still a problem but not before 18 for the surgery (depend on the person as always), i recommand even 21 to be sure because there is many vectors of growth that can have still potential to release in the maxillaries complexes (even if not as much as during puberty or childhood, we are talking about leftovers or "catching up" leftovers)
Could a face mask or headgear work?

I visited a bone surgeon once and he showed me a device which is like mewing but way stronger for it to have effect and I think is 24/7, would that be cope for fixing the slantedness?

• +1
But I don't have an anterior bite, I got a deep bite which I think is because of downgrowth but the big problem is my left side being slanted tbh
Same protocol as before for the deep bite, maybe with some other tools added, the opposite is also valid

• +1
elastic braces gave me a hooked nose, and a big eye sceral show (bad eye support) and nasiobal folds

i chewed to me left always and there is a big sceral show to the right where i did not chewed

• +1
Could a face mask or headgear work?

I visited a bone surgeon once and he showed me a device which is like mewing but way stronger for it to have effect and I think is 24/7, would that be cope for fixing the slantedness?
Without an MSE surgery it is pure cope tbh, a closed suture will not respond to adaptation, the only think u can hope is increasing bone density like for physical exercises

• +1
Same protocol as before for the deep bite, maybe with some other tools added, the opposite is also valid
Wait so would that protocol just bring the lower jaw forwards to fix it or would it try to "fix downgrowth" (which I guess is what caused it)?

Close to none people have perfectly symmetrical jaw plane, the only ones close to that are supermodels

• +1
elastic braces gave me a hooked nose, and a big eye sceral show (bad eye support) and nasiobal folds

i chewed to me left always and there is a big sceral show to the right where i did not chewed
I got scleral show on both eyes and I didnt have it as a kid jfl, I chewed on my right side but still have a bit of scleral show there. I guess that could be due to the braces? Or maybe downgrowth?

I got scleral show on both eyes and I didnt have it as a kid jfl, I chewed on my right side but still have a bit of scleral show there. I guess that could be due to the braces? Or maybe downgrowth?
no idea, i am working on a solution

if it was downgrowth then me gonial angle will be bad, me gonial angle is 90● so its not downgrowth for me atleast

i think it moved me maxilla backwards (WOULD EXPLAIN ME NASIOBAL FOLDS), the solution would be a lefort 1/2

• +1
FKdkd

Last edited:
Without an MSE surgery it is pure cope tbh, a closed suture will not respond to adaptation, the only think u can hope is increasing bone density like for physical exercises
Why would a MSE surgery work but not just MSE?

Close to none people have perfectly symmetrical jaw plane, the only ones close to that are supermodels
I mean its not having a perfectly symmetrical one but I have a pretty brutal assymetry tbh, it makes my whole left face look like its falling and flat

• +1
no idea, i am working on a solution

if it was downgrowth then me gonial angle will be bad, me gonial angle is 90● so its not downgrowth for me atleast

i think it moved me maxilla backwards (WOULD EXPLAIN ME NASIOBAL FOLDS), the solution would be a lefort 1/2
Shit I guess its caused by facial flatness then? Would explain why some cases of orbital eye decompression give people almond eyes and remove their scleral show, but I thought it was due to poor structure of eye sockets caused by bad cheekbones or something?

Shit I guess its caused by facial flatness then? Would explain why some cases of orbital eye decompression give people almond eyes and remove their scleral show, but I thought it was due to poor structure of eye sockets caused by bad cheekbones or something?
no idea
i feel a veryyyy sad feeling when i saw the damage done to me face

I mean its not having a perfectly symmetrical one but I have a pretty brutal assymetry tbh, it makes my whole left face look like its falling and flat
BSSO sagittal cut surgery is the only way

• So Sad