Should I take minoxidil given these circumstances?

Deleted member 9666

Deleted member 9666

Send
I (25M) started receding a year ago and I started finasteride today. I have a full head of hair, you can not tell I am balding unless I slick my hair back like the godfather. Even then, the recession in the temples is minimal. I have insanely thick hair (ethnic genes). It is so thick I get my hair texturized when I go to the barber, which basically means cutting every other hair with scissors (thinning it out). However, I have lost density over the past year. When I run my hands through my hair I can tell I lost 10-20% density. I could easily lose another 10-20% and still appear to have a full head of hair because my hair is that thick. Taking minoxidil will result in my hair being even more thick, which means I have to go to the barber more often to keep it clean and thinned out. Which is a nuisance, but if it helps in the long run, I'll take it. As far as I know, minoxidil makes your hair thicker but does not slow down the balding process or help my hairline. That's why I am on finasteride.

Should I take minox given these circumstances? Why or why not? I would like an explanation. fyi my hair was thinned out in this picture.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: .👽.
nah
if you are taking fin you pretty much stoped reccesion with your ethnic genes

putting minox twice a day would be nuisannce in your case

i recommend using nizoral once a week for dandruff prevention,anti inflamation and mild scalp dht blocking.

You could change your shampoo to zix also

• +1
Reactions: Elvisandreaa and Deleted member 9666
Bump since 99% of this forum was in highschool at time of posting

I highly recommend microneedling along with fin. Ur hair will be good as long as ur on minox so its not the best

Min is too much work imo.

makes your hair greasy and doesn’t look good. Fin is like 99% of stopping balding